Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/202/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 37%

I'm an Atkins Chick!! But only on my way to being hott...

Cute idea Nikki. I used to make graphics for fun but I'm currently living w/my sis so all my pc "tools" are stored away.

My name is Lucy. I'm a stay at home mom. Am planning to move yet again in July. I just turned 28, have a 3 year old son named Angel, with a wonderful husband. I started "dabbling" in Atkins a bit over a year ago. Started at 233 (thanks to pregnancy) Came back on Atkins this past March at 224lbs. Am super happy to be where I'm at but need to tone up like crazy. Come next month I plan on becoming a work out freak.

I've also been craving cereal and pizza but am trying to hold on.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 11:58

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
yeah i exercise but i ahvent done any since last thursday...i dont know whats going on with me...thats probably why the weight isnt coming off...no exercise and not enough water

Hi. My name is Keturah and I am 24 yrs old. I tried Atkins when I was in college and it worked wonderfully. However, when I came back from StudyAbroad my senior year, everything went downhill. This time around, I have been in a stall for nearly a month now. Its proving more difficult this time because no matter what I do, it seems like I can loose this weight. I have about 25 more pounds to go, and I sincerely hope I wont get too discouraged that I quit. The scale wont budge and I am getting fustrated!!!

2cute3u 04, try the Viactin vitamins. They are specifically targeted for women and they are like chewable candies (the more grown up version of the flinestone vitamins!) I too dont take enought vitamins and I just ordered a ton so I HAVE to take them at this point. I realized that my first time around on Atkins, i took a few vitamins, and I think it contributed to my weight loss. I cant not try, bc at this point, Im almost deperate to loose this pounds (esp. summer being right around the corner).
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 12:06

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Lucky, have you tried the lc tortilla pizza??? It's not bad at all... I don't have the link readily available, but I KNOW there's even a picture of it in the galleries. Basically you take a lc tortilla (mine are 3 net carbs, but small), brush some olive oil on it and a little pizza sauce (beware some of these are fulllll of sugars), some cheese and pizza toppings and bake until it looks good. It's not the REAL thing, but it's pizza!!!

You can also throw some mozz cheese in a pan and let it brown on the sides and top with pizza toppings and slide it out of the the pan and voila! Pizza.

Keturah, You cannot give up if the scale doesn't move!! You can't. You got to think of this as a WOL and it WILL be easier. Sure, we all cheat (don't we??), but just get back on track... do you FEEL better? That's what keeps me going. Also, I'm back on a clean, strict induction and have found that it's enabled me to start losing again. Or... some people actually need to ADD carbs and reduce again to kick start the loss again.

Don't despair!!

#34   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 12:07

Stats: 174/169/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking

Hi, my name is Heather, I am 35 years old and single. I was successful on Atkins before, but after two cases of broncitis in less than two months, I gained most of the weight back.

I have been exercising everyday and following the introduction so far so good. My main challenge is that I live in Pennsylvania and work in New York City, with a hour and a half commute each way (getting up at 4am and getting home at 9pm) regular eating times do not work.

I eat breakfast and lunch but sometimes for dinner I have to have a protein bar or shake. So far it has not been slowing down my weight loss so I guess it is ok.

I am leaving for Vegas in 50 days and hope to lose at least 10 more pounds by then!!!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnue
Hey All!

I am have been married 13.5 years, I am 37 and have a son who is 18 months old and a daughter who is 10.5 months old. I am a SAHM and loven it.

My story is long, read page 17 of my journal if you want a long read about my miracle babies!!!

Take Care!!!

what is a SAHM??? I read the story...so it was your sister writing about you? and u are the one with AJ and faith as your kids? i was a little confused
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCookys
Hi. My name is Keturah and I am 24 yrs old. I tried Atkins when I was in college and it worked wonderfully. However, when I came back from StudyAbroad my senior year, everything went downhill. This time around, I have been in a stall for nearly a month now. Its proving more difficult this time because no matter what I do, it seems like I can loose this weight. I have about 25 more pounds to go, and I sincerely hope I wont get too discouraged that I quit. The scale wont budge and I am getting fustrated!!!

2cute3u 04, try the Viactin vitamins. They are specifically targeted for women and they are like chewable candies (the more grown up version of the flinestone vitamins!) I too dont take enought vitamins and I just ordered a ton so I HAVE to take them at this point. I realized that my first time around on Atkins, i took a few vitamins, and I think it contributed to my weight loss. I cant not try, bc at this point, Im almost deperate to loose this pounds (esp. summer being right around the corner).

Hey Keturah..........Thank you for joining and becoming an official Atkins Chick...feel free to ask any questions or state any concerns you may have...have a great day and keep up the good work!

Yeah i was thinking about trying those vitamins....but i thought because they were choclate they may have hidden carbs or sugar....im gonna go check them out..Thank you..and welcome
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:07

Plan: My plan
Stats: 212/190/180 Female 62"
BF:go/n/down
Progress: 69%

Hi!
Thanks Nikki!

I'm 28, have been married for 10 yrs now with 4 children ages Justice-8, Jonas-5, Jaxyn-3(my girl), and Jaryn just turned 1. I'm a Stay-at-Home mom and wife which I may say is very hard
work but very rewarding. I live in South-west Louisiana right on the Texas border.
I have been on and off of Atkins since November of last year. I lost 30, gained 10, lost 5 and still losing.
I was so very glad to find this forum! It has helped me tremendously!

Who's next?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshearer
Hi, my name is Heather, I am 35 years old and single. I was successful on Atkins before, but after two cases of broncitis in less than two months, I gained most of the weight back.

I have been exercising everyday and following the introduction so far so good. My main challenge is that I live in Pennsylvania and work in New York City, with a hour and a half commute each way (getting up at 4am and getting home at 9pm) regular eating times do not work.

I eat breakfast and lunch but sometimes for dinner I have to have a protein bar or shake. So far it has not been slowing down my weight loss so I guess it is ok.

I am leaving for Vegas in 50 days and hope to lose at least 10 more pounds by then!!!

Welcome heather.....Thank you for joining and becoming an official Atkins Chick...feel free to ask any questions or state your concerns...have a great day and keep up the good work!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:12

BF:

its only been 5 hours and look how far weve grown
  #40   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:13
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

SAHM is "Stay At Home Mom", and yes the letter is written about me by my sister.

Thanks for asking!

Forgot to mention that I have lcing since Jan. and I am on week 20 in ketosis, Yippi!!!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:27

Stats: 233/202/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 37%

It has grown FAST!! I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch up everyday but i'll TRY

Thanks SuperAunt for the great ideas! I've only tried the "ground-beef-crust" pizza. I think I made the crust to thick and the sauce I used (l/c) had veggies I didn't like. But I did pick up a different l/c sauce to tryout. Now I just need l/c tortilla's, I haven't had any in a few weeks. OR maybe I'll skip the store and try the cheese crusted one..MMM!! I think I know what I'll be having for dinner tonight.

Welcome's to all the Atkins Chicks!!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
its only been 5 hours and look how far weve grown

That's coz we're........ ATKINS CHICKS!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:44

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Hi,
I want to join....
Low Carb/Atkins is a miracle for me....would have never been able to do it without it.
I'm 46, been lc'ing since February 21, '05, my 1st wedding anniversary....was married 20 years the first time, divorced about four and then remarried. I have two grown daughters...kind of....21 and 22, and I also have a seven year old, so we're kind of starting over here. She is one of the main reasons I started this...had lost all energy, health was poor and mixed with back and neck problems, something had to give. I've lost 40 so far and I am hoping to lose 60 to 65 total.....that will put me where I was before my divorce which I can only guess that someone upstairs has a little sense of humor for a woman to become divorced at 40 and gain 50 pounds all at the same time...but I'm on my way to getting that back in control and looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Anita
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:53

BF:

Anita!!!! FORTY POUNDS since February?!?!?! That's FANTASTIC!!!

#45   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 14:28

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

Hi Everyone !!

My name is Lori, and I am 34 (geesh, that was hard to type :lol. I have been happily married for 13 years to the most wonderful of men, but let's just say that we have grown together in many ways, hehe. We are both doing Atkins together so that helps a lot! We originally started Atkins last year and I lost almost 50 lbs. in 4 months, but my company sent me away for work for a month, and it fell apart as I just couldn't maintian the composure with eating out all the time and stress of being away ........and it has taken us til now to get back on the wagon but at least we are here again .

My whole reason in doing Atkins, besides the obvious weight loss/being healthier, is that my doctor recommended it as a way to combat polycystic ovaries and try to get my hormone levels back in check. So, although my goal is a number on the scale....my ultimate goal is to have a little one in the next couple of years . I think this thread is a great idea! Here's to the Atkins chicks!! We can do it!!
Closed Thread