Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 16:55

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

I dont let it bug me, because I have come after a long time mind you to realize the number isnt much of an indicator, there are people who weigh 140 in a size 12 and people who weigh 195 in a size 12, I want to be a size 8 regardless of what the scale says if that means at home I weigh 170 in a size 8 then whoopppiiieee!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 08:56

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Yeah, I get what you mean! That is why I chucked the scale! My clothes are going to be my indicator! Thats all that really matters! Its crazy, when you see some of these people and they weigh 132lbs and you go really! Everyones body shape is crazy! My mom is also a LC'er and she way 162 and is in size 12... don't get! But, she is looks like she could be smaller, but then again women have hips!

Congrats on your weightloss so far! You have come a long way! Only to keep going! I guess you could always wait for your scale to get to 140, and then go to the doctor and have a check up to see what their scale says! Always a suggestion!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:00

I dont think my home scale will ever get to 140. I'd be like 120 on the dr.'s scale, and frankly for me, that would be to little, I like my curves, and I dont have a small bone structure even though I am short as anything....
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:06

My body is built the same way! I am just big boned in general! LOL! Its all good though! To be a size eight to me would be something else! I have never even gotten down to a 12 before! Let alone a 8! This is the skinniest I have ever been before! One thing that I am really in love with is my collar bones! They are just so hott! Your not that short! How tall is the hubby?
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:10

I am only 5'4" (and thats really 5'3.75"

DH is 6'2", lol......

I like my collar bones and hip bones, things that were soft for so long..... Its like a whole new face sometimes when I look at photos....
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:15

I know don't you love it! Yeah, the hip bones! I am still waiting for mine to become more distinct! I need to work out some more! I can feel then when I am laying down, I just can't wait till I lose more! Gosh! I can see my self mentally of what I will look like and I am so anxious to get there!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:28

When did you start atkins??

You know whats really weird, is I can see myself how I will look when I finally reach goal, but honestly, when I was 240 I never realized what I looked like. I look at pictures now, and I say wow, I thought i looked really good that night....

Did that happen to you, like you didnt really get tjhe gravity of your weight until later after you had lost it.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:34

Wow! I started April 10th of 2004! So over a year and a month or so is when I started! When I met my BF, I didn't eat right! To put it in a nice way! I just restarted recently!

I now how you feel! Before I started Atkins, I looked at pictures like no big deal! Like it didn't bug me! Then, one I started to see that I could change my body and have control over what I ate it was something else! It was like I took a deep breath and finally said, I can take care of something that I have been putting off for so long! Now I am making it work for me!

O-yeah, I never new until I looked at my prom picture and then at a recent picture or even in the mirror and I almost pee'd! I couldn't believe I let myself get that bad!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:38

high school & early college pics are the worst for me I was about 120 in high school all the way through freshamn year of college, and maybe 130 when I got married.....

I like looking at the pics now, but 40 pounds ago they were all hidden away, like if I didnt look at them I didnt have to face it.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:49

Gosh! I would have loved to weigh that much in high school! I was 286lbs when I was in school! GROSS! I know, it was bad! But, I have only been out of high school for 2 years so to me thats an accomplishment!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:54

thats a huge accomplishment! You really do look fantastic now!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 10:02

Thanks Holly! So do you!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 11:04

well we both do!!

your class tonight sounds really cool.... I was taking a spinning class but its so early in the morning, I feel exhausted for the rest of the day, I should look into some night classes.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 11:13

Yeah, I know! The spinning classes are at 5:45 a.m.! Are you kidding me! I would never be able to get up that early! I can barely get up at 7 when I go to bed at 10! I am just not down for that! I am really excited! My BF SIL has taken it before, and she says that with in 6 weeks your see the difference! So, I can't wait! I love the classes at the gym!

There are so many classes every where to take!? The one that kicks my butt is Cardio Kickboxing! O-my! Its like Tae-Bo! Which I love cause I feel it the next day!
  #30   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 11:26

Yeah at my gyms the spinning is at 5:30am!!! Um hell no!

I like you cant get up early even after going to bed earyl. I just like to sleep...

I have been doing this running group with 15 other women to train for a marathon thats 1 year away, we run 2 miles every morning, with a trainer, its been great except when its cold and raining, and 6AM!