Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-05, 05:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hey guys, are you getting all the rain we are here in the Hat? It is sure getting me down. The river is flooding the streets!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

We've got gray, gray and more gray skies. It rained all last week here and I'm sure it's going to rain some time today It's cold too so I'm thinking I'll have to bring in my pansy's tonight.

dashykathy
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 11:40

Plan: SB
Stats: 205/176/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 53%

It's pretty much the same here in Edmonton! Dull, grey and rainy - not much fun for a June, eh?? Keep your fingers crossed for some sun tomorrow for me because I'm in a golf tournament!! Long sleeves & gloves I'm thinking!!!
Maybe we should do a sun dance!!!
Sue
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 05:55

BF:

Well the river has finally retreated back into it's banks but it is still high and fast. We still have roads closed here and everyone's lawn looks like a jungle! Got to get out and mow!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 12:49

BF:

Hey, guess my Sun Dance worked - the golf tournament yesterday was totally wonderful weather - perfect golfing weather! Too bad my game didn't match the weather!! Oh well, my team did get par and our prize was each of us got a Coke travel bag - just the bag, no drinks inside!! All in all, it was a great day - had just salads & a baked potato (yikes!) for dinner with a few pieces of honeydew melon for dessert. They had BBQ steaks, but just didn't have the energy to have to cut & chew!! Up at 4am and setting up for the tournament - then golfing 18 holes makes for a very long day. I was in bed last night at 8pm!!!
Glad to hear things are finally drying up down south, Carrot-Top!
Sue
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 05:32

BF:

No, they just put out another weather warning. We expect alot of rain this weekend and the river could flood again. They are telling everyone to leave their sandbags in place and not to put thie stuff back in the basement. Glad I live up high!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 10:03

BF:

Oh, Carrot-Top - sorry to hear you're getting more rain - it's been a really 'crappy' June for everyone - but more so for southern Alberta. We're getting heavy rain tomorrow - supposed to be all day - so it's a good day to stay indoors and try new LC recipes!! Have to find something good about staying indoors and it's certainly not house cleaning!!
Sue
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-05, 05:16

BF:

Well it rained so hard, one of my windows leaked and now I have to replace a window and dry wall. Hope this is over!
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-05, 08:27

BF:

Here in Edmonton, the river is supposed to crest at around noon today and they have flood warnings for our 3 low-lying areas. Please, everyone stay safe!!!
Sue
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 15:00

Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Sorry, I have been away on vacation in sunny Saskatchewan. But I see now they are getting rains as well.

I guess the river is not going to overflow now in Edmonton and that is a blessing. So, how is everyone else doing?

I gained 5 over the holidays but I have lost it in the last few days. I have two weddings to go to soon so I am really watching everything....
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 15:21

BF:
Progress:

I guess this is a dying thread...
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 08:25

BF:

Seems like it, eh?? I've been here (on & off) because I've been a bit discouraged that I can't seem to lose any more weight. I'm stuck at 170 (give or take a couple of lbs either way) and it's getting very frustrating. But I'm still here and still trying!
Sue
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Have been meaning to post but as usual life got in the way. Took my dd and her best friend to the Avril Lavigne concert in Edmonton on Friday. We left here about noon and after we checked in to the hotel it was off to the mall so the girls could buy new tops for the concert. Don't know why they wasted their money - they bought tops at the concert. They had a blast and I enjoyed my quiet time while they were out. Have fallen a little bit off the lc wagon but am picking myself up and getting back on before I do any more damage. Gained about 3 lbs. but don't want to let it get up to 30 before I start again. It's hot here today - dh it putting new brake pads on the truck, dd is working and I have one more load to dry and then my work is done. Hope all is well with all of you Alberta Cuties.

Take care
dashykathy
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 09:20

BF:
Progress:

Hey teddymom & dashykathy - glad to hear from you ladies.

I have fallen off the wagon too....booze & food equals weight! I am starting reinduction today! Any one want to join me?

kathy - Avril - wow, I didn't know she was comign to Edmonton! We were in Edmonton this last weekend as well only to see Mom and DB. Of course, I pigged out at an Indian smorg!

teddymom - join me - I wanted to buy a new scale this weekend as the old one fluctuates so bad (may be it is me lol) but then I got thinking that it really is about the inches that are hanging on more than the lbs! I just have to look at myself in the mirror - yikes!

Can we say disgust - at any rate, going to hit the gym at lunch tiime today!

BBL
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 22:27
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey Jas - hope it went well at the gym today. It's been so hot for the past week that I haven't even wanted to go walking. Am going tomorrow regardless of heat, rain or hail. I'm going to up my daily dose of chromium and hope it helps with the sugar cravings that I've been hit with lately.

Take care!!

dashykathy