Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 10:53

Plan: Primal Diet
Stats: 112/128/137 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Ps

MoseyMan -
PS... yeah, i'm really keen to try making kefir using coconut milk too. let me know how you get on, and i'll do the same.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 07:20

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Tenfifty,
Rather you would react depends on if you are sensitive or allergic to milk proteins or just the lactose and all that jazz – I don’t understand that stuff too well. But it in SCD book, a few of them had trouble with yogurt and just ate a few spoonfuls at first and worked up from there. I had no problem at all, when I ate the yogurt, it was a relief! My stomach loved it from the start.
In the past, I lived without milk products for long periods. As soon as I used a bit of milk, I'd start burping or get the hiccups like mad, then I'd begin to itch all over. For most of my life I was itchy every few seconds- somewhere on my body. It was maddening.
The first time I tried the scd yogurt I didn't have these symptoms at all, which surprised me. After a few weeks, the itching went away and my eczema went away too - except for on my hands. One day I threw away dish soap and got some dr bronners soap instead, and that went away too. I had chronic lung and sinus congestion too that came and went for years, but that also went away.
I went on the SCD diet with a bud of mine who has ulcerative colitis. We tried lots of other gimmicks before this to see what worked. Regular yogurt, the probiotic pills, coconut oil...and we compared how we felt.
On the SCD, he felt 80% healed in a few months, but he cheated like mad. I was surprised in spite of me cheating every few days on SCD, my eczema went away. So I started reading more because I figured the SCD people were onto something. Both of us recently stopped using honey and milk in coffee. (honey is allowed on scd) Before the SCD I could only use nondairy creamers.
When I started on atkins, after a few days my stomach felt all ulcer like again and I looked into why. Seems lots of people have trouble digesting the food because they don’t have the right stuff in their gut (mostly due to anti-biotic use and the like and never replenishing the good stuff) Made me wonder if this is the reason atkins really works - because people stop digesting and lose weight from it? Anyway, at that point I looked up the scd yogurt and these almond flour muffins I had lived on before and they were LC anyway- so I added them back and the symptoms went away.
And we both started taking HCL acid because of low stomach acid (seems the yogurt was like a temporary fix – it helped but it didn’t fix everything) The HCL is really helping. I'd say for the last 10 years or so my stomach felt funny a lot of the time- I blamed coffee, but found out it was the antibiotics I had taken that started the whole stomach thing; lots of my friends told me it was classic signs of an ulcer.
I believe, for me and my friend, that the SCD yogurt, almond flour muffins, HCL acid, and the coconut oil have the greatest effects. We both mulled it over, and decided we didn’t want to be part of the ‘magic pill’ generation – as he had taken fish oils and many vitamins and the like for years to no avail. We settled with finding foods that contained the things we needed – what a concept! Anyway, the only pills we both take are HCL acid and biotin.

I do not recall where I got this stuff from, but some of the things I discovered, I saved to here: http://www.geocities.com/old_man_mosey3/bacteria1.html
I studied the bacteria for a long time before I gave up and just ate the SCD yogurt. I’m glad I gave up now, those pills were expensive and the yogurt is cheap.

Good luck Tenfifty. Don’t give up looking and experimenting and you will find what works for you.
Happy Trails!
----------------------
I just checked out the water kefir, it looks good. I check the site "ask Dr Stoll" every month or so. The people in that forum never seem to get any better, they use kefir and probiotics mostly and Dr Stoll has never read the SCD book, even tho its been suggested to him time and time again. I think that is very interesting. Of course, he has his own line of books to promote:lol

http://askwaltstollmd.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

---------

Last edited by MoseyMan : Sat, May-28-05 at 08:53.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/175/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I ordered Flora-Balance about 3 weeks ago for candida and i have seen some good improvements since i started taking it. My food allergies have calmed wayyy down, my skin rashes have almost completely dissapeared, i have more times when my energy level is higher and i have less need for anti-depressants which i can hardly tolerate the way it is. I have noticed if i start taking 2 capsules of flora balance on sunday morning by wednesday or thursday i have to go back down to 1 capsule or none for a few days because i get sore muscles, headaches and fatigue extremely bad, then the following sunday i start back taking 2 capsules again. Are these possibly caused by die-off or am i just not tolerating the Flora-Balance? I see that my symptoms improving but is this normal to keep getting these aches after almost 3 weeks yet? I also use Milk Thistle for liver support and Acidophillus for good bacteria. 10 - 15 mins after taking Flora-Balance in the morning i get some mild cramps from it, anyone else get these too? Thanks for any info, it sure would be great to finally have something that will work good for me.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-05, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: I dont exactly
Stats: 300/215/- Male 74
BF:
Progress:

this all really depends on the individual and how bad the candida and your diet were before.

When i first started to eat better about 10 years ago just changing my diet made me ache for almost a year before I started to really feel better again. In my case I was about 26. It took me 26 years of bad eating to get where I was and I can tell you only a month or two are not going to fix 26 years of bad eating.

This time around I'm not getting any aches. I am getting rashes, hives, some diarrhea and tiredness. For me by far the worst is the tiredness with the hives being a close second. But really if you get hives like this you will know that you have to do something and after about a month of doing this now my hives are way better. Well that is to say I had them before I started to take floral balance and they are getting better.

Also remember to drink lots of water and take a shower or bath each day to help rid your body of excess toxins being given off.

Like you my allergies and skin rashes are much better. I can tolerate a little fruit now and don't experience the bad flaky skin I used to get. I don't eat allot of fruit though as I would rather get rid of this first. so I'm trying to stay fairly strict with this.

It sounds to me like the symptoms you mention are die off. Myself I started out hard though with a dose of 2 now I'm up to 6 and for the first time I'm actually starting to notice things happening. I think my diet over the last 10 years has cleaned me up mostly so I'm not noticing allot of the other things that other notice.

I hope it goes well for you.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 12:40
Registered Member

BF:

You are taking 6 flora-balance per day? wow, i get real achy and fatigued when i tried taking 3 per day, maybe i do have alot to get rid of. I have had this problem with candida for around 18 years now. Thanks for you input, it is appreciated!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 06:18
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

yes same here about 30 years. Every since I was about 6 or so.

I do really not want to deal with it any more though and yes. Thats the biggest thing I'm tired all the time. But to have it gone is better than to live with it any longer.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 16:56

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 108/104/120 Female 5"7"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy helppppppppp

I have been reading your threads and oh my god 20 years ,it concerns me ,will this crap ever go away ,I just ordered threelac and it should arrive in the next few days ,but does it work ? I have been dealing with this so long ,I have thrush which drives me nuts ,if I eat any sweets or any carbs it gets so bad I can't swallow ,I have tried everything from diet to probiotics ,to nasal washes and it just won't go away .With the threelac how long is it suppose to take to kill this off and when symptoms subside will it return again ? I have had problems since 1996 and I just three months ago figured out on my own what was wrong ,I want my life back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 12:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Well if you read this whole thread you will see that threelac includes a form of streptocacus. All of them are pathogenic. I an say that the floral-balance has been helping me but I also found out that my natural gas furnace is part of my problem as when the gas is burned it gives off fermaldahide which I think is what has been causing my hives.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 13:38

BF:
Progress:

Is the strep a bad thing ,I have no clue ,that is why I am asking ,so if you could give me some imput ,I would greatly appreciate it.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I asked a doctor and she said all Streptococcus are harmlfull. This one causes flue like symptoms which could account for the flue like symptoms allot of people have using it. It also causes symptoms similar to staph.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/chap21.html

Group D: Diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, dizziness in 2-36 hours. Following ingestion of suspect food, the infectious dose is probably high (greater than 107 organisms).

That is the link to the fda's website telling how bad it is. Especially look at the entries for group d and decide for yourself if you want it.

the company producing threelac will say that they are not using strep but rather this ingrediant:

http://medinfo.ufl.edu/year2/mmid/b...s/strfaeca.html

And yes the name has been changed by the medical community but it is the same thing as can be seen in this link.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 09:22

BF:
Progress:

Thank you for the imfo...... Right now ,I would love to get rid of the thrush in my mouth ,three months and it just won't go away ,do you have any suggestion on how to rid my self of that ?
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 09:47
Registered Member

BF:

I have heard of people using a drop of oregano oil in their toothpaste to help with thrush.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 10:10

BF:
Progress:

I take oregano and have been for 2 months with no result ,,,,,,,,this sucks........Will it go away ever?
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 13:38

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I meant to post here, but I posted to another part of the forum:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...98&postcount=37
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 06:56
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

well I started using floral baalance myself wich can be found at floral-balance.com

I can say that that product is shown to not only get rid of candid but it eats it.