Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:18

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Speaking of cellebs....

How the heck does Rene Zellwiger lose and gain all that weight for different
movies.I bet she low carbs.!!
Dont tell me it is because she has money
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:45

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

cygirl I always read that she's a jogging maniac and that she jogs like everyday! She must have some stamina!
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 22:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskimbee
She must have some stamina!

definitly and goes to show you if you put your mind to it.
I saw her on telly yesturday and she is fab.
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

i dont think paris worked for her money but she still WORKS. I'm not a fan but i cant deny that her, AND her sister work (even though they dont have to).

i want to clarify that what i mean by "working hard" does not NECESSARILY mean hard labor. i think taking huge risks is hard work....so hard in fact that a lot of people choose not to do it. some take risks and fail, and some take risks, they pay off, and they end up very lucrative (and all of a sudden those people are rich and lazy and just "sit around").

those rich celebrities in hollywood, like Bono, Kirstie, etc. you cant tell me that almost ALL of them didnt work hard!!! Go to LA and see how many actors and musicians there are and then tell me the ones who made it didnt/dont work hard. (i certainly couldnt memorize all those lines). and there are a lot that work hard and DONT make it but that shouldnt take away from those that do.

oh and, by the way, the post where i said "to heck with all rich people," apparently the sarcasm in the ENTIRE post was lost on some.
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 12:53
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova
Why on earth would you conclude I am "bitter"? That's truly a bizarre inference, hun.

"dear" and "hun" at the end of certain senteces show the true attitude of your statements. obviously you were trying to be patronizing but it sure looks like bitterness to me.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 13:12
Terranova

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve25
"dear" and "hun" at the end of certain senteces show the true attitude of your statements. obviously you were trying to be patronizing but it sure looks like bitterness to me.

When you wear rose-colored glasses, the whole world looks pinkish, friend.

Blessins*
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 13:37
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranova
When you wear rose-colored glasses, the whole world looks pinkish, friend.

Blessins*

its better than being blind.

ETA: HUN
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 13:46

BF:

Quote:

i hate it when people call me these names .....unless it is my hubby
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:25

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default My two cents worth

And that may be all its worth, but here it goes.

We all know the pressure and the feeling of not belonging properly in thsi world because of our weight. ( well okay, maybe you all don't, but I sure do! :-) )

But knowing how I feel, it has to be that much worse to be in "hollywood", and the unrealistic expectations of life that they have with people, and how they should look and what they should be and what they should say.
I have already read the low, mean, depicable things they have said about Kirstie WITHOUT having an official number. I can just imagine the feeding frenzy they would have with a real number.
Okay. so its not right upfront, but truthfully, its hard to give a real weight to anyone but those that we can trust to honor that information and not treat us as if we are the next set of people that are unworthy of life. Yes folks. she probably isn't telling the whole truth. I see that here on the board FREQUENTLY. It sometimes used to bother me, but now I realize even in this place we are telling strangers things that they might not respect. How much worse is it to be someone where that information ends up being billboard fodder.
Just an example. Another actress another situation, but it gives you the idea of what I mean. There are two young things that I work with that are rather flighty and immature. Their favorite activity is to find the strange things find funny on the interent. Let me explain neither of these girls will qualify as slim without the loss of a good 40-50 pounds. They have the beauty of fresh dwey skin and youth, but neither are model material. They find a picture of Jennifer Lopez on the interent that someone has fixed to show her with a grotesque backend. Its says its going to be here in 10 years. They said" ha..its NOW!".. I don't know about you folks, but for all they pick apart Jennifer's back end, I would happily trade hers in for what I have now. And these two had not room to talk or even to laugh at it.
But its what they face. Yes they have chosen this life, but I wonder at what point some criticism is fine, and what becomes just cruel.
I guess I am saying, as hard as this battle is.. I am glad I am not the one fighting it in the public eye, with all of our hypcritical standards we put for them, when really all they are is people like you and me that got a great break.
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Well said PoofieD. JLo's "huge" butt is actually a size 6. I'm amazed she's been able to escape the constant harping about it's alleged size without slipping into eating disorder territory. It must take self-esteem of iron to NOT fall prey to the constant scrutiny.

There are too many actresses who seem to have bought into the trap of trying to make themselves fit what they think the public wants... and it would seem a LOT of the public wants celebs to fall.
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 02:41

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
its better than being blind.

ETA: HUN

Just a quick question.....is there some other meaning to the abbreviation "ETA" other than "estimated time of arrival" that I don't know about? I see you type it all the time and it confuses me Do you mean BTW, for "by the way"? Maybe I'm just totally clueless........
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 03:02
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Quote:
is there some other meaning to the abbreviation "ETA" other than "estimated time of arrival" that I don't know about?

Edited to add.

You can find a list of acronyms here in Low Carb Lingo.

Rosebud
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 12:09
Terranova

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Right on, Poof. As I said before, I wish her all the best in her struggle with weight. I haven't had a chance to see her new show but I have always enjoyed Kirstie's performances. It's particularly inspiring to see her out there in the public fighting the beast rather cowering in a cave as I did for far too long. If Kirstie (who I've always admired) can do it, maybe I face the beast. too!

Blessins*
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 17:04

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Edited to add.

You can find a list of acronyms here in Low Carb Lingo.

Rosebud

Oooooooooh.....that makes MUCH more sense that "estimated time of arrival"!! LOL
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 17:12
Terranova

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Awwwwww... all these terms of endearment... can't ya just feel the love?

ETA: PEACE, girlfriend
Closed Thread