Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 20:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well said Eve25,

Woe is me ,and if things were different I would.....
it is all a big cop-out on ourselves.
Even with a personal trainer ,cook and expensive workout equipment you still.........have to do it.!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 20:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 258.5/219/199 Female 64 inches?
BF:
Progress: 66%

i didnt say i didnt have to do it and i am doing it.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 20:40

Stats: 258.5/219/199 Female 64 inches?
BF:
Progress: 66%

well of course.. i live in a town with no gym and i live in my grandmothers laundry room......... so that limits my room for equipment
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 21:26

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Eve25 thinks she "knows it all" since she can afford to do whatever she wants, at least IMHO. ...but thats what its all about....EVERYONES opinion. NOONE knows what demons Kristie had to deal with over these years while she was gaining weight. i am SURE its NOT as simple as everyones generalizations.

MY opinion is that she ISNT HALF as fat as she was in all the pictures i have seen of her, but theres no WAY she was ONLY 200lbs....i believe how she looked on The View was at LEAST 50lbs thinner than those pictures, but this is only my opinion. HOW or WHY she got fat really isnt an issue to me....her SHOW really doesnt even effect me since i am able to turn the channel...(freedom of speech and all that) but anyone in their right mind would agree that in ANY show making fun of fat people there are always moments of unsure laughter...i mean what the hell ARE YOU gonna do? NOT laugh? get outraged and walk out? not likely unless you are strong enough to do so...and not many people are. MOST people will laugh and act as if everythings hunky dorey...like its OK to poke fun at others, even if it hurts. well to ME its NOT funny....i WILL walk out of a room if i do not like what i hear...im NOT afraid to voice my opinions, and guess what? people like Ralphie may poke fun of themselves in PUBLIC to make a buck or stop anyone else from making fun of them, but i GUARANTEE that when they get home at night and are being REAL they do NOT think its FUNNY to be FAT.

IMO
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:46
Registered Member

Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammiejoe6
Eve25 thinks she "knows it all" since she can afford to do whatever she wants, at least IMHO.

uhhhhh...what can i say. that was kinda rude (if it was serious).
besides the fact that it didnt make all that much sense since the rest of the paragraph totally agrees with what i have been saying all along. go figure
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 00:30

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskimbee
I think this is getting really off topic.

Back to the original idea, I agree, I don't think Kirstie's highest peak was 201. I was 198 and wasn't close to looking her size and we're the same height.

My dad always says the truth is the best defense. He's right; I don't sugar coat my weight to anyone

gosh, why would you? you're GORGEOUS!

you're a good example of beauty in a non-anorexic format!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 01:12

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvannaBFit
gosh, why would you? you're GORGEOUS!

you're a good example of beauty in a non-anorexic format!

Ack -- Oh my goodness! That was such an extremely great thing to say!! You've made my day, thank you!!!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 02:50

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Um..TV isn't REAL, you know. Just sayin'...

Most people on TV, or in films? Tiny. Doesn't matter how tall they are, they are TINY. Small framed, small boned, whatever. In person, they are small people with really big heads. Lollipops. Because they look better on film, or tape, than the rest of us. I've seen actors in person that I thought were HUGE...and they just aren't that way in person.

I've never seen Kirstie Alley in person, perhaps Rosie has. So I can't really say if she's lying or not. She looks huge on film. Heh. So do I. Much bigger, in fact. Which is why I stay on the other side of a camera, when I can.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 11:04
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
people like Ralphie may poke fun of themselves in PUBLIC to make a buck or stop anyone else from making fun of them, but i GUARANTEE that when they get home at night and are being REAL they do NOT think its FUNNY to be FAT.

I've watched him, as I said, on Celebrity Fit Club. I KNOW he doesn't find his health and size a laughing matter all the time. I just think it's healthy to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes, and if you get PAID for it... Should we hide and cry about our weight, or laugh together?

Yes, humor often masks pain. Humor can also LIFT the pain. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but laughing at a joke or depiction of a situation that, until then, just wasn't TALKED about, makes me feel better. <shrug> At least I know I'm not alone.

I've seen a show entirely of disabled comedians. Same concept. I want my son to see things like that and learn to see the humor in the darkest conditions, instead of thinking his disability needs to be something to "hush-hush" and always be treated soberly and with great political correctness. Some things are just funny, and it's okay to laugh!
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 15:27

Plan: Neanderthin-Based
Stats: 230/218/200 Male 6'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
How do you know what her money means to her?

Well - her donations might mean she can't buy an extra mansion. Heaven forbid. My heart bleeds for that woman. You would expect it to mean a lot less to a her than a month's rent to a hard-working single mother busting her ass.

Last edited by DrippinBld : Fri, Mar-25-05 at 15:50.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 15:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygirl
Drippin,My point was that money doesnt help make you thin or fat.!

It was? Ok. Wealth allows more control over your diet, your time and your life. In modern life easier a healthy lifestyle is more accessible to an affluent actor than someone who works in a factory 10 hours a day for minimum wage.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 18:01

BF:

I worked in a factory as a second job and let me tell ya i was broke all the time but i had a size 2 body hard as a rock.
Drippin you sound bitter for whatever reason,sorry!
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 14:30

BF:

Quote:
I worked in a factory as a second job and let me tell ya i was broke all the time but i had a size 2 body hard as a rock.
Drippin you sound bitter for whatever reason,sorry!

Who said that working in factory would make it impossible to be slim? I'll make it simple for you - everybody does not share your genetics. I know people who smoke pot, drink beer and eat junk whenever they have spare time and have "hard bodies". The only excercise these people do is lifting beer cans and rolling doobies. So what? People are different and wealth is but *1* factor in the equation. What you have said in no way negates my point.

As for me being bitter, don't worry about it love. No need to be sorry.

Last edited by DrippinBld : Sun, Mar-27-05 at 14:40.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 14:53

BF:

I still don't agree that wealth is a factor of being Fat or thin.
Eve25 was completly right you are a steriotyper.
Pot smoking beer drinkers i also know but in no way are they (my thinking)
Hardbodies.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 16:22

BF:

Quote:
I still don't agree that wealth is a factor of being Fat or thin.
Eve25 was completly right you are a steriotyper.
Pot smoking beer drinkers i also know but in no way are they (my thinking)
Hardbodies.

It's your prerogative not to agree. Stereotyper? Well - if it makes you feel better to accuse me of being *gasp* "bitter" then branding me a *gasp* "steriotyper" because you have been conclusively and soundly beaten in the scope of rational debate - so be it. Have a lovely day.
Closed Thread