Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

If I had the money she has I would never have gotten as large as she. a personal cook and weight gain seems rediculous but that just me personal opinion!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:10

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb6399
If I had the money she has I would never have gotten as large as she. a personal cook and weight gain seems rediculous but that just me personal opinion!!!
not sure money has anything to do with why she got fat hun!

personally i think she is under contract by Jenny Craig to NOT reveal her original weight until she has reached her goal and then they will unveil the truth.

fat actress may be offensive to some, not to others, the point is we are all here talking about it....

have a great day all!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:20

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Oh, i'm just the opposite, I think...

If i had the money to have anything, anytime and the assistants to go out and get it, or the chef to make it, I think I'd be fat too. I can't tell you the number of times I haven't had something because I either didn't feel like going to get it or didn't feel like making it. I've always liked to eat and I can't imagine what it would be like to have anything I wanted.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:33

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with Pam,

Money does not make you fat or thin.

The question is why do we let ourselves get fat.

Kristie said it was staying home with the kids,too much food,wrong food and not exersizing.....

I think this goes for most overweight people.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:07

Plan: Neanderthin-Based
Stats: 230/218/200 Male 6'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

You can do a hell of a lot more with money than eat. You could travel and explore the world, partake of your wildest dreams and fantasies, even start your own charity and really make a difference if you're a benevolent sort. If you're obese and rich - it's probably safe to say you aren't putting your money to good use.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:17

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Oh, I'd like to do that too, I imagine. What's the difference in being rich and obese and poor and obese, anyway?

It's ok if your poor because you can't travel?

To me food is just another something to be enjoyed.

And I think Kirstie just wanted another show.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:36
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

I'd take up residence at a fat farm..uh, spa... and dabble in straight gigalo's until I had my fill. Then...... travel.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 16:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippinBld
You can do a hell of a lot more with money than eat.......If you're obese and rich - it's probably safe to say you aren't putting your money to good use.

ohhhh.........NICE!!! all of a sudden being fat means you arent putting you money to "good use." thats classic. just another stereotype to put in the pile.

oh and, news flash! some of us have enough money to donate, travel, buy nice things, AND eat!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 19:26
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I don't think she needs "therapy to learn to love herself", she seems just fine to me. Nor do I think people who are fat and rich are necessarily putting their money to poor use... putting poor FOOD in their bodies, yes, but one has nothing to do with the other. Look at how people bitched when Oprah lost her weight..."YEah, if *I* had a chef and a personal trainer, *I* could lose weight too, what a waste of MONEY! <sniff, scarf another donut> When she's given more money to charity than I'll ever EARN.... but yet we feel entitled to judge what she does with her OWN money. <shrug>

If people don't like Kirstie Alley's new show, I guess they have a remote. Maybe fat is like money after all... her big butt is HERS to do with what she pleases. If you can't hide it, paint it red!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 20:38
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I feel the need to share my feelings about this show, regardless of how much money she has or how fat she is or isn't.

I've always really like Kirstie Alley as an actress....Loved her on Cheers!!

I find this show to be terribly degrading to her....I do not think it's funny at all.

I felt embarrassed for her and for all of us who have been discriminated against because of our weight. Maybe I'm just too sensitive about this issue but I really don't think its a subject that's funny.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 21:14
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

<shrug> Comedians have been making themselves the butt of their own jokes forever. Shoot, I've had a really good laugh at my OWN expense on occasion. I nearly got wedged while trying to get in the crawlspace to turn on the water to my house. I thought I was going to have to make like Winnie the Pooh and wait 'til I got thin to escape!

My favorite comedian is the 400+ lb Ralphie Mays. 90% of his act is about his weight, but so much of it rings true that I can't help but laugh... WITH him, not AT him. I've also seen him on "Celebrity Fit Club" and behind the jokes, he's been open about his struggle with his weight.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 21:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with Eve 25,

I have enough money to buy whatever i would like.It is my choice as to how to spend it.

Bow-Flex maybe and a nice steak.

And Judy....Kristie is degrading herself right to the bank.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 23:00

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

I haven't seen the show, but she doesn't look like she's 200 lbs. She is not a very short woman.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 09:48

BF:

Quote:
You can do a hell of a lot more with money than eat.

I was simply pointing out by this comment that there are more benefits to being wealthy than having greater dietary choice which was the main focus of the thread when I commented. A lot more.

I elaborated on this:

You could travel and explore the world, partake of your wildest dreams and fantasies, even start your own charity and really make a difference if you're a benevolent sort.

Quote:
If you're obese and rich - it's probably safe to say you aren't putting your money to good use.

Sloppily worded maybe. But my point was who is more likely to be obese in the western world - the millionaire or the poor person? Poor people tend to be limited in their choice of activities and often resort to binge eating along with heavy smoking, alcoholism and drug use. Out of sheer boredom and lack of purpose. It's a fact.

Last edited by DrippinBld : Wed, Mar-23-05 at 10:01.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 09:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygirl
I agree with Eve 25,

I have enough money to buy whatever i would like.It is my choice as to how to spend it.

Bow-Flex maybe and a nice steak.

And Judy....Kristie is degrading herself right to the bank.

You are nowhere near obese. You can afford a "Bow-Flex" and a steak and the freedom to do so. Excellent. But what was your point?
Closed Thread