Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF/Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 308/250/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda7373
Is mayo allowed on the meat and eggs fast? i have been having it with my hamburg patties becuase otherwise they are dry and non tasty.

I've noticed that some people will eat a little mayo on their meat. I don't think it will hurt if you keep it to a minimal amount. I know that Hellman's mayo has zero carbs per tablespoon so that would be a good one to use.

How is it going so far on the fast for you? I'm still doing it and starting to feel better than I did. I may add a few veggies this weekend like a salad and then go back to it on Sunday or Monday. I just feel weird not eating any veggies, like it's going to hurt me or something. Though I've done much worse to my body in the past.

Good Luck

Jarcat
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 20:27

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 208/198/145 Female 62
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 16%

Day 3 of the meat & egg fast and down another 1 1/2 pounds this morn! I am happy and at the same time afraid it won't last! It's much easier than I thought and I'm not sick of eggs.....yet! Actually they are very filling, funny I never noticed that, I usually eat them for breakfast everyday. Having them again at lunch or as a snack in the evening really fills me up and I am not hungry at all. I used 1 teaspoon mayo on my burger yesterday......spread it reallllllllllllyyyyyyy thin.....lol.....it has zero carbs but 18g of fat in 1 tablespoon! Since I remember something in a post about no extra fats I figured I better be careful if I used it. Luck to all! K
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 12:54
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hi Karen, good for you on the loss. It feels so good. I went down another pound this morning and I'm just thrilled. How are you feeling on the fast? I'm starting to feel alot better than I did. I have to go to a party tonight which is a pot luck so I'm bringing a low carb platter of deviled eggs, assorted meats and shrimp. I've promised myself that I'm going to be good tonight and I'll just stick to my platter. Hope nobody feels bad that I don't touch their food. Sometimes I just want to say to people I can't eat that cause I have bad allergies because they just don't understand this WOE.

Oh well, wish me luck. I'll try and post again tomorrow on how I did.

Jarcat
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 08:52

Congrats on your loss Jarcat! I feel pretty good too, no cravings and not hungry at all now. I did not lose anything today, dang thought I was on a roll! Oh well, I suppose I can't lose everyday...but it would be nice! Good Luck at your party, I know its very hard to explain to people....grrr...I just make whatever excuse they will accept, depending on who it is.....its easier than explaining and arguing our WOE.
note: went to the mall yesterday and hubby had a ice cream cone at Coldstone and I didn't want one at all! now thats a miracle, haha, he said are you sure? and I said yeah, lick away...no problem! K
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 10:56

Plan: low fat/low cal
Stats: 135/134/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 5%

i was doing really well until this weekend. i had some bad snacks. and kind of binged. but i am back on it today. i really was seeing a difference thought. i have definately lose some inches but only 1 lb. i only have 20 lbs to lose so i was not expecting to lose much anyways. but it really does tighten you up alot. especially becuase i accompany it with cardio and Pilates. so back to square one. i am excited to see more results.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 15:27
Registered Member

BF:

Hey guys,

Good to hear it's working for you. Well my party went good. I didn't eat anything bad. I stuck to the platter I made. But, I did have a bit too much to drink (white rum and diet orange crush) and I've noticed I'm up about a pound. Probably water retention. So we shall see about this week. I've decided to incorporate more exercise to keep the loss going steady.

Here's to a good week guys!!!

Jarcat
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 15:32
Registered Member

BF:

[/QUOTE]note: went to the mall yesterday and hubby had a ice cream cone at Coldstone and I didn't want one at all! now thats a miracle, haha, he said are you sure? and I said yeah, lick away...no problem! K[/QUOTE]

Good for you Karen, great will power. It's so much easier to give up those temptations while doing this WOE. There was so much junk at this party I went to on the weekend, all kinds of desserts and very high carb snacks, and I don't feel like I missed out on anything.

Jarcat
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 10:46

Hi!
Well I am down another 1/2 pound this morning. I added a small salad for dinner last night, glad it did not stall me! So I stayed strict for 5 days and now I am going to add some lc veggies veryyyyyyyy slowly. Man that salad was good! oh, I also had 1 single serving of SF jello for a snack!

Jarcat: The appetite suppression on this meat & egg fast is wonderful! I never had this kind of reduced hunger & cravings on SB Phase 1, it would have made it alot easier! I must have not really got into ketosis when I did Atkins either! Now this is the way to go for me....and since its basically like Stillmans, that might be the plan for me. I am hopeful that this is my way into a bathing suit for the first time in 3 years! K
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:41
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

Well, I don't know if the alcohol from the weekend killed my fast or not but i'm up another pound as of this morning. It's not even TOM time yet. I did eat a rather large hunk of salmon last night, very large, but I didn't think that would matter. I decided to cut my cream intake in my coffee to half, smaller portions of meat, and i'm gonna get me butt on the bike tonight for sure.

Congrats on that 1/2 pound Karen.

Jarcat
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi everyone, I was h=just passing through and noticed this thread I have been very active in the TDC m&e postings. I have been M&E for 4 Weeks and have gone from 264-267 to a steady 254 somedays it's 252 but I have been really good through out the week and have hard times on weekends with no veggies,
The mayo issue I saw just wanted to say that you can have no more than 5 carbs a day, I count my cream towards these 5 and also my eggs if any. I love this WOE!!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 17:29
Registered Member

BF:

Hi bb6399,

Good to see your doing well on the fast . I noticed that you said you count the carbs in the eggs you eat. I didn't think that you needed to when on the fast. Maybe I should start counting them. Do you happen to know how many calories you take in a day? I've been inputing the food I eat everyday into Fitday and it's usally around 1000-1300. I know we aren't suppose to worry about calories but because I have a hard time loosing weight I like to count them as well.

Keep us posted

Jarcat
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 07:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb6399
Hi everyone, I was h=just passing through and noticed this thread I have been very active in the TDC m&e postings. I have been M&E for 4 Weeks and have gone from 264-267 to a steady 254 somedays it's 252 but I have been really good through out the week and have hard times on weekends with no veggies,
The mayo issue I saw just wanted to say that you can have no more than 5 carbs a day, I count my cream towards these 5 and also my eggs if any. I love this WOE!!

hey! i do eat mayo but it is hellmans and hase 0 carbs. is that ok?
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 11:08

Hi Girls!
I am still holding...lol.....been adding back a few extra carbs per day so NOT gaining is very good......gonna cut back down a bit today and see if I can lose any tomorrow. I eat Kraft Mayo, 0 carb...no more than 1T. per day, it does not stall me. Weekends are the hardest I agree! I am home alone all week and eat on time and on plan just fine. When hubby is home all day with me on the weekends, my schedule and eating get alllllllllll messed up since often we are gone from the house for several hours at a time! I am confused about the egg count also, whether to count them or not and then how to count them!, as 1/2 carb each or 1 carb each! I have seen them both ways! My usual daily calorie count is between 900-1100, with Protein around 80g per day and Net Carbs anywhere between 5-15 per day, I try to keep daily carbs down to 5, but I can still lose if I keep them in that range. Good luck to all! K
Oh I have been taking Magnesium as suggested in another thread and its really helping with the constipation problem on this WOE! sorry if TMI!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 12:05

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 285/230/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen44
Hi Girls!
Oh I have been taking Magnesium as suggested in another thread and its really helping with the constipation problem on this WOE! sorry if TMI!

You know, I take Fiber Choice tablets - they work perfectly. The Metamucil, FiberCon, and Citrucel pills are only 1/2 gram of fiber per pill - and I find that I need at least 10 grams a day to really get things moving. But the Fiber Choice tablets are 2G each - so I take 6 every morning and by the evening time, I move like ate a 3 bowls of spinach . They are chewables - kinda big, but they dissolve quickly, they come sugar free, and their only carb content is the fiber in them - and they taste wonderful.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 12:19

BF:
Default Too much mayo?

Will too much mayo stall my weight loss?