Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 20:43
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Hey Okies,

I've been pretty quiet this week, getting ready for finals in my graduate classes (one tomorrow and one Tuesday evenings).

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be more communicative after Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 21:30

Plan: Atkins (started Sunday, N
Stats: 230/212/170 Female 64"
BF:HA-HA-HA
Progress: 30%

oops!!!! I accidently posted to something from forever ago

Last edited by happygrrl : Sun, Dec-07-03 at 21:33.
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 21:32

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the welcome...Glad to see all the support...thanks
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 21:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

Welcome mcadeowner, glad to have you!!

Katwoman, what kind of classes are you taking?

Have any of you heard from carbgirl or twinkles10? Hope we haven't lost them!

Anything in the Tulsa area that anyone needs? I would be glad to pickup and mail if there is.

Mary B
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 13:22
Living Healthy

Hey mcadeowner--you need a journal. I was going to chat with you there and noticed you don't have one. Anyway, welcome to the Okie gang. As for spending $ on LC--there aren't many options here in the sticks. WalMart Supercenter in Ada is my best bet. I noticed earlier this week they finally have the Atkins ice creme--haven't bought any yet--afraid I'll like it too much.

Mary, I'm a teacher and I'm working on my master's in school counseling. I started my master's years ago, but my children were younger then so I never finished (I was half way there when I stopped). Now, I'm starting over as it's been too many years for those hours to count. SIGH--my brain isn't nearly as young as it once was. I have to work much harder now, but I'm enjoying the classes.

Last edited by katwoman : Tue, Dec-09-03 at 13:25.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 16:22

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed walmart now carrys a low carb milk in fat free, 2%, whole, and chocolate. I have tried the chocolate and it is good...Name brand is Carb Countdown and it has the atkins approval on the front with 3 net carbs per cup...Just thought I would pass that info along
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:39
Registered Member

Stats: 191/190/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I haven't been around in a while....since I fell of the wagon I should say. heh. However, I am back in business and here to stay. Just wanted to say hi to everyone around town that has joined since I have been gone. I live in Midwest City, near Tinker Air Force Base.

Let's try to keep each other updated on the new products that show up around town. I have noticed Walmart has jumped on the bandwagon. I saw that they now carry several varieties of low carb bread, frozen dinners, bars, cereal, ice cream, atkins brownie/muffin/pancake mixes, etc. I even saw that someone said they now carry low carb milk. I will have to check that one out.

I noticed that braum's now has an ad for low carb ice cream on their sign. I see that TGIFriday's now has a low carb menu that looks awesome. I went out to Nino's mexican restaurant the other day and they had a low carb menu attached to their regular menu. We are really moving up in the world. If anyone else has any more info., keep me posted.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 20:55

BF:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hope all of you had a wonderful and safe Holidays, and a fairly low carb holiday too!

Mine went surprising well, the call of mashed potatoes are just not as strong as they use to be.

KDdid, glad to have you back, when you are off the wagon is when you should be calling on us the most, we won't nag just be really supportive

Hope to see less and less of us (just pounds of course) as the year goes on

Mary B
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:15

Plan: slow and local
Stats: 150/133.2/100 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 34%

Nope, I'm not gone - just forgetting to check this place here!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous 2004!
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:51
Living Healthy

Welcome back KDdid. Glad to see some action on this thread again.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 21:56

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hiyas, fellow Okies. I'm still in mourning over the Cotton Bowl today, but I'm doing well other than that.

I tried the Braum's low carb ice cream this weekend, and it's terrific. However, I won't be buying it again because I damn near couldn't resist it and don't want that kind of temptation around the house.

How many here are from metro Tulsa area? I know Mary is, but who else?
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:37

BF:

Hey Scott

How is the Braums compred to Carbsmart??? Flavors?? Carbs??

Mary B
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:48

BF:

It's very good, Mary. In my opinion, it's much better than the Breyers. It does have higher gross carbs, but if you have no problem with sugar alcohols, then it works out. I think it comes in chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chip (the only one I have had), chocolate almond, and (I think) Butter Pecan. They have em' all listed on the Braums website. About 4 net carbs a half-cup, same as Bryers, but you have to ask at the counter for the nutritional information. They need to post that on their website.

It's only available over the counter or in hand packed pints, and is a bit expensive by the pint, compared to Bryers. It was $2.99 a pint; you can get a half gallon of Bryers for $3.49, I think. The guy at 91st & 145th told me that they are selling it very quickly, and if it did well enough they'd make it by the half gallon.

I decided after the first pint that I wouldn't get any more -- I couldn't stay away from it, it was so good, and ate most of a pint in one evening. The chocolate chip was just delicious, but I haven't tried any of the other flavors yet. The Braum's here only had 3 of the 6 flavors, but I think it is a matter of what they run out of first.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:39

Plan: Blend (Atkins/BFL)
Stats: 195.5/184/138 Female 67inches
BF:46%/45%
Progress: 20%

I am So excited to see some people that live in Okie Land. I live in Tulsa and am hoping to find a buddy to chat with and support. I keep thinking about giving up the LCing and trying SlimFast or some such again. I fell completely off the wagon back in September and here I am again. I started again before Christmas and lost 5 pounds during the Christmas holiday but, now I have stalled again. I am sure it is because I have had too many itsy bitsy cheats though. So, I must make a decision now....to LC or not to LC. Back in 1995 I lost 35 doing the low fat thing and I keep thinking maybe I just need to do that again. I am at work or at school so often that I must have quick and very easy to carry along things to eat. What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions? By the way I did the Weigh In thing to get the 3 month free membership to Bally's today. I am excited to start going. Did any of you guys stand in that freezing cold line?
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 21:15

BF:

laweiss, a couple of us are also in Broken Arrow. Mary and myself. Welcome to the forum!