Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 08:57

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Would some of you please post some of your daily menus? This would be of so much help to see how to do this. Also the amounts included? Does your weight go up 2-3 pounds at times too? Please help! I have looked at the journal but sometimes the food doesn't come up when I go there so if you have time today could you post your food log on this board? Especially some of you who have had good success.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 09:21

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default just posted

I just posted my food from yesterday in my journal so feel free to have a look. I put it in there a lot of days, not all.

Tonight I am going to a Mennonite buffet restaurant, so I doubt if I will try to detail my food from that meal in tomorrow's journal
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 12:26

Plan: CAD
Stats: 301/282/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 13%

My food and weight is in my journal . I added the amounts to today's entry so you'd get an idea. I don't measure food . I just eyeball it and try to think restaraunt portions . since I enter my food before I eat somethings do not make it to my journal. Last night I had a handfull of cashews , handfull of trail mix with rm. Also the last 15 minutes of rm I have a cup of coffee with cream , splenda , and a nibble of really good chocolate about 1-2 ounces.

Has anyone noticed after awhile their tastes seem to change ? I'm not tired of salad but I'm tired of salad dressing. Today I just put soy sauce on my salad ( about a tablespoon) , usually my salads have a lot of dressing . But now the less dressing the better they taste to me .
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 13:29

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi everyone - happy to report I've lost another couple of pounds!

How did I do it? - eating less and exercising more.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 20:28

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

WTG SUE!!! I am going to get there too...just taking me a bit. This is my 4th day doing CAD! Getting easier every day!

I need to get more exeercise. Been really tired this week so far!!!!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 22:04

BF:

Thanks, Karen. Scale looked like it wanted to creep up again, but I will continue this good fight - just like you! So happy you are on track - 4 days is pretty good. After 20 days it will be a "habit". The same goes for exercise, by the way I do understand that when you're working it is harder though. Still, you could do it on the weekends and then just find one more day during the week to do something - even if it is just sit ups.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 22:16

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Congrats Sue! It always wants to edge back up, doesn't it? I hate that.

Karen, Hope this works for you and you are able to get in some exercise.

My exercising is not as good this week. Next week I will be on vacation, so except for walking it will be obsolete. I have lost a few pounds this week..so happy about that. I hope it stays gone.

I hope everyone has a great Friday tomorrow!
K
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 12:41

BF:

Wow, Kandi - a few pounds lost this week. You're amazing! I pray you have a wonderful vacation next week and come home safely. I'm still haning in there at 131 lbs, but believe me it is a battle and I'm having to watch portion control, but thankfully, my appetite is suppressed for now that TOM has taken a hike.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 18:08

BF:

Kandi, I'm happy you replied to Eaterow. I was a bit afraid to reply, not really knowing what to say for the best. You said it with much kindness and thoughtfulness. I am so sorry you lost your mom. It's so sad that she made a her life a bit of a hell trying to be thin. I wish she had found this WOE. ((((Kandi))))
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 20:13

Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I am tired of salad dressing too. I started using olive oil and feta cheese lately.

I am finally feeling better after surgery and the scales said 210 lbs this morning. My clothes were all so loose so I went out and bought a new outfit, had my hair dyed and bought my first make up in 10 years. I never felt good about myself before, now I am starting to care about what I look like again. I actually bought size 20's today instead of my 24's.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. March 31st I go back to the dr. and hopefully I can start walking and I want to take swimming lessons. I might need a shrink after I go try on bathing suits though.

Susan
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 09:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

So glad you are feeling better, and treating yourself! The swimming lessons sound great. If you are worried about a suit, go online! QVC has great suits, as does Junonia and others.Junonia is sports and exercise clothes in only plus sizes- and has great stuff.
There is actually research that shows women with a more positve body image, at whatever size, do better at losing weight and keeping it off. So be kind and good to yourself and you will not only feel better and be happier, you will be more successful at being healthier.
have a great day-
E
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 10:37

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

IAteIt,
So glad you are feeling better. I bet you will look great in your new suit. Your new attitude is great.. I bet you look even younger than you did ten years ago. Keep up the great work... I just love your attitude and because I have been down on myself lately, I am going to jump aboard your train. Take care, Kandi
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 14:36

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

Eaterow -- I post my food every day in my journal, feel free to come take a look. Hit the "journal" button at the bottom of this post -- you prob already knew that.

I didn't post the last 4 days of food -- because I was on vacation in Amish country...Vel, I couldn't believe you said you were going to a Mennonite restaurant. I was supposed to go to one for breakfast when I was in PA, but I missed it. They said it seats 3,000 people. I bet it would have really been something...are they that big out in Ontario? I just got back last night and already I miss the Anabaptists, they were so nice.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 06:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/163/134 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I just ordered the CAD book from ebay and I am axiously waiting its arrival. In the meantime can someone give me the basic rules of this WOE so i can get started? Thanks, ginger
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 06:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Ginger-
read the thread "cheat sheet" for some help.Welcome!
E
Closed Thread