Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 21:04

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

sueoncalp: you are right about the long haul. I have really struggled with my other plan the last several days feeling very deprived and such...so tomorrow it is CAD all the way...with some healthy tips included of course but I am going to quit beating myself up about the plans!!! I did it before and I WILL DO IT AGAIN!!! I am really looking for ward to getting started fresh.

willbthin: I agree I love the freedoms you get on CAD. It really is like no other plan out there. Many people don't believe it will work because we are sooooo used to deprieving ourselves!!! Will have to prove them wrong!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 10:38

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Welcome back! I think the thing to remember.. it is not all or nothing. If you slip up, don't think of yourself as a failure. Because of emotional problems I only lost five pounds all of last yearl. At least I didn't gain my weight back though.. and I have five pounds less to lose.

Hope this time is easier for you. It really is a frame of mind. It is so much easier to skip the bad foods, when you know once a day you can have your reward meal.

Good Luck!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 22:26

Plan: low carb
Stats: 190/180/150 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Is this who I think it is ???

willbthin , I cannot believe it . I did a search for Atkins and came right here . And yours was the first post I read !!!

You can do this !!!

I'm off to check the Atkin threads , but I'll pop in here and see how your doing . I know weekends are tough for you but you can do this !
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 08:17

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Softasweet: I totally agree! I have to decide what I am doing and then just do the plan! Having decided to go with the CAD plan yesterday was really easy. I just had to make the RM fun and make a deal with myself that I could have the RM if the rest of the plan was followed. It worked. I look forward to eating without all the obsessing about it.

Willbthin: You can do it too! We are here for you!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 09:45

Plan: Cad
Stats: 242/121/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Another returnee to CAD, the diet of the Gods, LOL. I loved CAD when I did it several years ago, only lost about 10 lbs but I maintained at that very easily and it was so nice to be able to eat with family, friends, birthdays, etc. and use the RM time to eat as others do. I use it pretty freely, thus don't lose much on it but it is so livable and I think so much better for my health. I weigh about 5 lbs less now than when I did CAD in the past. I quit CAD when I wasn't losing, then went on to gain about 20 more lbs. So, then I did WW for about 4 months and lost an amazing 30 lbs in 4 months, loved it. Came the holidays and I got off and to tell you the truth, just could never get into like that again. And, in the meantime, my blood sugar just kept moving up to where I am now a pre-diabetic. My blood count was exactly on the line between having and not having diabetes. I know low carb is best to treat that, so after looking at Atkins, sugar busters and all the other low carb plans, CAD is the one I choose.
Welcom back to you and I am hoping we can get this board a little busier. That said, I am off on vacation for a week so won't be posting much until after I return but wanted to say hello to you and everyone.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 06:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey guys, sorry i havent posted, i try to keep myself busy on the weekends, and i also got into a killer fight with hubby and just didnt feel like posting.
after six days of being on plan i am still 197 this morning. i only excercised 3 days last week and drank over the weekend, which i guess explains it. i will have to try harder if i am going to see any results. i do feel more in control but..... i am still no making the healthiest of choices for my reward meal. i will try to hang in there.

how do you learn not to indulge so much at your reward meal?? i am hoping if i stick with it this time, i will eventually get control of the reward meal. i am doing so well controlling the cm meals. hey maybe i dont think i am eating enough at those two meals. i will give it a try today.

tinker thanks for sharing and i hope you too will be a success this time around.

soft and pre3 thanks for the encouragement and advice.

hey summering ,girl, yup it is me. debi. glad to see you here.

i almost thought of quitting this morning, but that never helped me before. i also went shopping without my list for making soup, so i need to go back to shop for the ingredients so i can start making soup. got some snow here and yesterday and today they gave my daughter half days, i wish they would just give them off!! hang in there guys, i am trying.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 08:16

BF:

here is my being honest with you, after i posted this morning my daughter wanted a hashbrown with her breakfast, i was craving it so bad, so i decided to make my reward meal this morning, well.......... it just turned into a great big binge. now is this any way to start my day?????. i am thinking weight watchers again????????

i know i just said i wont quit , but these are the episodes that m ake me think i cant work this plan. i am afraid i am making this a plan for me because i think of my reward meal as a binge instead of eating a healthy meal with a carb i really really like????? this has always been the problem i run into with this plan. i just feel like i will just stay at the weight i am at. what good is staying in control for two meals a day if i am going to blow that by eating to much at the other meal?? do you know what i am saying. i feel so bloated and full right now and now i have to go to work. i hate feeling this way. i am still being out of control with my one meal. i mean i dont think i will ever get control of that if i am on a program like this??????? i mean my problem is i am a binge /compulsive eater. and isnt this plan a plan that would just enable me to be like this forever, bingeing for an hr is still bingeing and i know that is not what the reward meal is about, but to me it is. so that is why i keep re thinking and quitting this plan.
>
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

willb, have you read the book over again. Sometimes, when my train of thought turns on me I need to read it again for reassurance and understanding.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:22

BF:

good idea adukart, thanks, i will do that. i am glad i get to vent here on how i am feeling when i feel like quitting, i wanted everyone here to read about the way i feel when i feel like quitting before i make the mistake of quitting. in the past i always just quit. now i vented my feelings and i am not quitting. i have to stop having the feeling of quitting when i have a bad eating day. so that is what i am doing different this time. i will have a lowcarb dinner and try to salvage the day.

i did notice when i had feelings of quitting, when i went to work, (i work in a deli) fresh potato salads , mac salads pasta salads, etc, and today i started to pick on those salads cause i had the thoughts that i was done with lowcarb . now when i am on cad, for the past 5 days at work i didnt even have any thoughts on picking on those salads or the cookies or anything, so my point is , i know i cant quit and if i stick with this, the craving for all those carbs i still want at the reward meal will dissapear too. (i am hoping) just wanted to let you know i wont quit this time. thanks for reading this, if you are still with me. lol.