Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 09:07
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Snookie,
Congrats on a great start! I'm glad to see you pitched the old magazine article diet (flavored yogurts and Cokes are NOT LC--LOL) and went for the books and have had such a wonderful jump start on the program. Be sure to update your user profile to reflect the weight loss--very encouraging for you, and for the rest of us to watch.

Suggestion: get a mini-goal, and reward yourself with joy each time you make a goal. You've already made it out of the 3's-- There's a cheer for each pound down!

Our issues are different here in TDC--they just are. We measure goals in months or years instead of weeks here. But if you have ever achieved a long-term goal before, whether financial, educational, health-based, or whatever, you draw on the same kinds of strength: set a goal, plan a strategy, give yourself milestones along the way, put your plan into action, and celebrate each and every accomplishment. Banish negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Final suggestion: start checking out the stats of the folks who have been here for awhile. They are magnificent and inspiring.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 09:11

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Hi I was wondering what meat do you eat can you eat all meat like Bacon and turkey bacon ? I would like to try this and see the results but do not want to mess it up. what meat do you all eat when doing this ?
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 09:12

Plan: LF/LC
Stats: 254/191.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

I plan on doing this starting on Monday. I feel like I've been battling the same 5 pounds over and over...up and down even though I've been totally LC!

So, I'll keep checking back on this thread. I'll probably do it for 3 days since eggs and I have a love/hate relationship.

Good Luck to everyone else!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

I eat any meat, chicken, steak, pork, and fish I don't eat bacon though (expensive), and eggs. but I don't see why you couldn't watch for the carbs though. don't ever eat it! and mix it up you can eat other meat for b-fast not just eggs, I hate eggs also so I would much rather have a chicken breat for b-fast.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

take a look at our journals or our MY PLANs to see what we have been eating
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:38
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Later that day.....

(from my journal) Ok... yesterday I was up to 190, I assumed (hoped) it was because of the massive sodium between the bacon and the ham the day before.. at the moment the scale says 186.. dead on.
It's day 3 of the meat & egg fast...and its honestly easier for me than regular induction levels...... scarey thought. I'll keep it up until Saturday.. that'll be day 5, and I think gently ease back up to my 20 carbs.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 12:49

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Just completed the 2nd day of meat and eggs fast, so far lost a total of 4 lbs.....( But cheated w/ M&Ms )........

Will do one more day..

Joe
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 14:25

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 346/218/150 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default first time

Hi there. Tommorrow will be my first time doing the meat and eggs fast. I am excisied about the diet. I will check back in two days. Thanks for the tip.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 15:01

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

I wonder, would it work if you did this diet say, 3 days out of every week, and kept on induction levels the rest of the time?

Not that I'm disciplined enough to do this for any length of time, just curious.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 15:44

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hello all.
Great to read todays posts! I don't always have alot of time to be online......caregiving my elderly father inlaw! So if you don't hear from me for awhile don't give up on me!

Thanks for your post Kathleen.Will try to update when time allows.

Atmasters.....I am sure that would be fine with the turkey. Actually I have just realized that the bacon I have been having has more carbs in than I thought. Have now purchased soe with 1 carb /100g. Should do better now! I hope!! By the way I didn't lose any more weight today.But that's OK.Noticed only showing slightly more than a trace ketones,probably need to be in ketosis more. Am keeping up my water intake. Actually feel like drinking it so guess thats good. Not hungry at all!
I will be very interested to hear how you go. Good luck!Take care all
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 15:47

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 212/193/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default The Protein Plan I've been doing!

I have been doing this plan - it seem to work for me. (3lbs in 3 days).

THE RULES:

-Meat (Red meat, chicken, turkey, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs),
-Just enough fat to cook with natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, in small amounts
-Spices
-Drink -coffee, diet soda are okay, remember to count 1 Carb for each Splenda packet, and if you use Creamer.
-NO MORE THAN 5 CARBS A DAY!!!!!!!!

Make sure you are consuming at least 100oz of water a day!

***Note***
Once in Deep ketosis you can add Veggies in Small amounts and work into Induction. Example 1 week Protein, the next Induction…..etc
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 17:49

BF:
Default I have a question...

Hi me again.....just had to check the msg board quickly....this gets abit addictive!!ll!
Does anyone know when you are doing the meat and eggs stage.....does it affect you if you have your chicken with the skin on? I have and wondered if i might lose faster if I didn't!? I do love my chicken too so have a sized serving!!! You have to eat something! Maybe I should have more fish and just a hint of bacon more for the flavour?

p.s. thanks for the last post.Good to hear what others doing.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 19:24

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 254/207/194 Male 192 cm
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDW
lynnp,

When I worked out of town for a month, I took a can opener and canned meats. It was boring but it worked. I don't know though, can you take food <into> China or is it a problem taking it out?

Of course, it may look silly to pop a can 'o tuna at an exectutive luncheon

Should be no problem, at least if it's canned food. Customs and Health Department officials may get suspicious if you're bringing in live animals or vegetables though.

But really, it should normally be quite easy to stay LC in HK.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Cheers
Panda
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-05, 21:46

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

Thanks Snookie for the advice this is my fist day on this egg/meat fast. I am getting into a little stall I lost only 1.5 lbs this week and that is doing on avg 14-17 km a day walks with my Husky and swimming so need some thing to jump start me again. today I had 3 eggs and left over meat loaf for Brecky ( a little weird) and same for lucnh and for dinner I had Pork Ribs with nothing on it and 3 eggs. One question can you add Franks hot sause to your eggs on this egg/ meat fast ? I hope so that is what I used to spice up the eggs. i have herd that hot sause can help with weight loss because it burns calories.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-05, 00:54

BF:
Default Reply to Atmasters post

Hi......actually I am not sure bout that sauce,maybe someone else knows?
The rest of what you are doing sounds pretty similar to what I was doing. The meatloaf I presume was minced meat and egg seasoned? I have a question too - does anyone know just exactly how much or how little fat best to consume while on the eggs and meat intro?meanwhile Imust try to be good.......soo tempted today when youngest made some homemade biscuits.........the house smelt everso lovely!!!Okay........I confess........I just had to have something, I ate 2 bananas, stupid fool I was but oh well!!!! Tomorrow is anotherday.But please non one take any notice of me......I am back on track already!I've had my refeeding space eh!!!lol!Take care, allthe best,tatta
Closed Thread