Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 16:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default CAD/CALP Weekly Thread 2/13-2/21/05

Happy Sunday, fellow CAD and CALP followers! It seems that we have a bunch of newbies who are posting and searching for answers, so I started this week's thread.
Newbies- welcome. Please (if at all possible) get a copy of CAD or CALP. They are very easy to find on Amazon or in your local bookstore. Please read the books, too. This is not Atkins with a binge, or PP without counting. We don't count carbs, net carbs, sugar alchohols or whatever. For CMs there is a pretty clear list of what you are allowed to eat.
There are great stickies on this site- lots of help. Many members have journals and if your read and post in their journals it is helpful.
RMs are not, as many think, binges. RMs are BALANCED meals that include the carb of your choice in a BALANCED meal of protein/vegie/carb.
Enough of the soapbox.
Went to a meeting yesterday, knowing from past experience that breakfast was bagels/cereal/muffins/fruit only. So I declined to go to the breakfast, and went to McD's and got an order of eggs (for a dollar) then went to my meeting. Better than nothing! For lunch had a crab/mozzarella omlet with sauteed vegies on the side. Not too hungry for RM yet, so no plans.
For V day I'm having salad, steak, spinach, and raspberries.Got beautiful steaks and raspberries waiting in the fridge as we speak.
Hope you have a great start to a terrific week-
E
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 11:36

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

AAAA!

This is my third day on CAD and this morning I saw a 3 lb weight gain. I know that many have said this is normal when transitioning from Atkins and will go away --- but I could sure use some reassurance! I have not been going crazy with my RMs and my 2 CMs have been as perfect as I could make them -- do you think having my breakfast coffee (within 15 min, of course!) with Splenda is having a negative impact?

On the bright side I FEEL much better than I did on Atkins. And much better than I did on the "all Doritos diet" I was following before...
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 12:12
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Calm down. It will pass. Your body will equalize. It happens to many. Carbs hold water. Besides, weight fluctuates which is why the Hellers want you to weigh daily and average your weight weekly. After a while you stop freaking about the daily fluctuations.

So unless you ate something you're sensitive to...which is also part of the learning process..the weight will go back down.

There's not a problem here.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 12:42

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Eno, Good idea to post what you did. There does seem to be a lot of newbies, and I agree with everything that you said. Reading the book really helps. Good for you for just have the eggs at the meeting. You are so in control Wow, your crab and mozzarella cheese omelet sounds so good. Do yo make your own, or do you buy this out?

Selfcare, I agree with Zule. Don't panic. This does happen to a lot of people just switching from Atkins to CAD. Your body is not use to having carbs and it is like a shock to the system. It will take several days, or longer to turn it around, but it will turn around, so hang in there. I would not cut out the coffee just yet. See what happens and if it doesn't turn around than cut the coffee out.

I did pretty good over the week-end. I have a lot of stress going on right now. The Dr. discovered something on DH lungs and he has to have a cat scan on Feb 22nd, so I am very worried about that right now. I have a tendency to have comfort food when I am stressed or upset, but so far, I haven't done that. I have been good.

Have a great Valentines Day.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

My weekend was two carb meals on Sunday. 132 this morning.

Dianee, you could try some hot tea, peppermint or mint green tea, they soothe me when I am looking for comfort food and are allowed outside of meals.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 14:47

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks Amy. I am sipping on some green tea right now.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 17:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi Diane-
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your DH. Just keep breathing!
The omlet was in a restaurant, and was very good. I don't get that fancy at home- just a little of whatever cheese I have in the fridge to give the eggs a little more flavor.
Had a nice V-day dinner, and am feeling very comfortable.The raspberries were great.
Did anyone see Oprah today? Her new eating plan is - drum roll- low carb!! "No white foods", and no food after 7:30pm. Plus hse works out multiple times a day: cardio, weights and pilates.
E
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 07:48

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I wanted to see that Oprah show! I missed it b/c I had to work. I kept telling myself that I was going to record and I just forgot. So she's lowcarb? I thought that would be her message

I am doing well on plan. I just am not feeling to good. Something came over me on Sunday and it hasn't left yet. I am just too busy to be sick

Have a good day all
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 09:49

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
Oprah's plan does introduce complex carbs back in after thirty days. But no white stuff.. this is a 12 week plan. I am starting her workout schedule. It is a killer. But sticking with my tried and true CALP for my WOE.

I am back on CALP after two weeks on Zule's FFP. I lost only two pounds, but lost a lot of inches. I think I let loose of a lot of bad habits. But yesterday I overdid it on my RM. We went out for Pizza.. I had a big salad thinking I would eat less pizza.. and after being without it for so long I ate too many pieces.. and then had a half of a pretty big cookie for dessert. Hope I don't have cravings today. I like my new healthy way of eating and don't want to slip back to the "dark side"!

Welcome to the newbies and good luck.. it does get easier as time goes on.
K
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 13:26

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

Thanks for bearing with my panic everyone...I am back to 173, and have learned 2 very important words..."No MSG!!"
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 21:02

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi everyone! Nice thread going here - I just spotted it. We went on a road trip and somehow I got all screwed up in my eating patterns and have still not gotten back on track. Ugh - why does that happen? Anyway, tomorrow is another day. I HAVE been exercising and I feel good, but my weight is up a lb. I figure with the exercising, surely the eating properly will follow shortly. I seem to be eating on the hour practically - hello, insulin issues, don't you think?

I'll report back the next few days to try and stay accountable. Oh somebody get me back on track here....what do I do. My will power which was greeeat a week or two ago has just gone out the window the last week. Heeelp. What do you guys do if that happens? Off to drink some water....after eating a couple of low-carb chips. Sigh.....
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 08:51

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Sue,
I have done a lot of traveling the last few years.. and I always get off track(one reason my weightloss is so slow). You will be able to get back on track. Just plan your days.. with CAD appropriate foods.. especially eggs in the a.m. and the cravings actually go away quicker than the first time. Wishing you strength.

Woohoo selfcare. Glad you are back to normal. Going back the other way on the scale is so scary.

Happy Humpday everyone!
Kandi
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 10:07

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Thanks, Kandi. I will need that strength today. It is still early...... I hear you about the travelling. It really is that way - always throws me off for a while and typically I start to gain weight only when I get home, as I was so active away from home.

Be good today everyone!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: -/155/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 58%

I hope it's okay to jump in here. I am starting, well, I'm not sure what it is but CAD for a Healthy Heart?? Can you tell I'm too lazy to walk into the next room and look at the title on the book?? I tried Atkins for about the twentieth time and I'm just too tired of feeling guilty and ashamed when I can't stay on it for any length of time. I love the way it makes me lose my cravings, but I've never lost on it. I did lose weight at the beginning of 2004 by just cutting out starches and sugar and was able to do that for about three months without a slip but once I did slip, it seemed there was no going back.

So, my number one hope is that this will be become a way of life for me. Next, I hope it improves my cholesterol levels and lastly, I really would like to drop 10lbs...

That's it for me for the moment. I just wanted to stop in and say how happy I am to have found this forum and all of you!

Take Care,
Katy
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 06:33
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Katy-
Welcome! CAHHP is my program too. I have changed my lipids and all are in the normal range. This program makes so much sense and has been a godsend for me.
Read the posts and stickies, look at the journals of successful CAD/CALPers. Welcome-
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Thu, Feb-17-05 at 06:34. Reason: spelling