Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 23:40

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Thanks guys! I had a pretty good first day I must say. I did think about sweets after my RM meal, but it was not overwhelming and I managed to stave it off and resist, by having a cup of herbal tea and a tsp of peanut butter - weird, but it worked!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Sue were have almost the same stats. It would be nice to be able to reach it near the same time frames and support one another. I know it will take me awhile as I am a slow loser. Good luck today!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 08:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I had a Ho-Hum day yesterday. My RM was a little heavy on the carbs and I kind of paid for it with a few cravings before bed, but I forgot about it and went to bed. That has rarely ever happened to me from having too many carbs at my RM. Usually my cravings come from eating something that is not legal at my CM's. I also had too much sodium and that might have contributed also. I feel much better this morning and will make sure my RM is nice and balanced.

Sue, Welcome to CAD/CALP I am sure you will love it. Post often

Karen, Nice to see you back again. Good news on the 3 lb loss. Glad the FF worked for you. Sometimes trying other plans helps speed up the metabolism.

Anleigh, Yes, that is right. Protein and legal veggies from the book ate allowed at your CM's or snack. Glad to hear you are not hungry and have no desire to snack. That is what CAD/CALP is all about. Most people don't normally get hungry, but if you do you can have a snack. I am sure you will get your RM figured out to what works well with you. If you enjoy the yogurt than that is an excellent choice to have for your dessert. Just make sure you don't deprive yourself.

I hope everyone has a great week-end.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 09:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am having good weight loss the last couple weeks. I am happy about it.

This morning I at 2 sausage and egg things from McDs (no muffin) and now my stomach hurts real bad. I also took my vitamins, so I hope I don't get sick, but I am getting heartburn from them. Waayyy too much grease I guess. Feels like there's a rock in my stomach. Anyone know of something to relieve this, it's even hard to drink my water.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 11:40

BF:

Thanks, Diane, I intend to post every day that I can.

Oh, Karen, you are right!!! How observant of you to notice that we have practically the same stats. Wow, and it looks like you may be metabolically resistant to weight loss? Did you do the Fat Fast? I used to as well, as that was practically all that worked for me. I have Hashimoto's and now that I'm treated I can lose more easily, but like you it's a bit slower than most folks and I have to be more austere than others. Let's encourage each other each day. I'm so excited about this. I have done CALP before and it did work for me. I'm not sure exactly why I switched to Atkins (which didn't work) and then FF. Sigh. I'm glad I'm back though!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 14:16
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello Sue, Diane, Karen, Amy and everyone else-
Hope everyone has a great weekend on plan. I am cooking a chuck roast to have some good CM protein for the weekend, and have cabbage and spinach for vegies. Going out to dinner tonight, and I will be having some wine too. So I don't know what I will have for my RM, but know it will include a salad and some carb beside the wine (which I will limit to one glass), so I might be a bit overcarbed.By the way- one of the things I do to maintain is I have a daily snack. I usually have cheese, so I get another serving of calcium too. Today I'll skip the snack as we are going out to dinner.
Later-
E
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 15:37

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi Everyone!
Enomarb... it is great you have a game plan. It always helps to go prepared. I love how you set your goal at 150, but lost down to 125. I actually hope to go below my goal weight also.. but it was just too overwhelming for me to think about losing that much. 150 would put be in a safe weight as far as health charts go, so I picked that number.

Sue.. yes I have lost all my weight on CALP. I lost 25 pounds a few years back on CALP and was in an accident and had surgery and gained it all back and more. I lost the first 25 pounds my first year back on this WOE.. and although last year was a difficult year for me stress wise with the help of this forum, I not only didn't gain any weight back, but lost five more pounds. Now I am ready with CALP and the great support on this forum to really start tackling some more weight. Good luck to you, especially with your health problem.. I know that can slow down your metabolism. You will be great if you and preteach can pair up.

I hope everyone has a fun and healthy eating weekend!
Kandi
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 17:20

What is Hashimoto's? I was on the Fat FLush Plan by ANN Gittleman. It is alittle different that fat fast. I am on a low does of Paxil for PMS and that affects my weight loss too. I am looking for ward to seeing the scales move downward. I lost weight on this plan years ago (2002) and am not sure why I switched either...I think I had trouble with the RM'S...had too many of them! hehe.

Hey why don't you start a journal...you do it by posting a thread in that section...it is fun to check out other peoples menus and go for support etc. I like to see others progress. Helps me believe I can do it too!

Have a GREAT weekend onplan EVERYONE!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 23:08

BF:

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune thyroid disease - basically the body attacks the thryoid until it is destroyed. It is treated with thryoid hormone replacement for life.

Oh, any medication can slow weight loss some. DHEA (25 mg) got rid of my PMS symptoms. It also kept me looking a bit younger, I think. I've been on it for a decade.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 01:46

Plan: Atkins but starting CALP
Stats: 209/153/138 Female 1.68m
BF:
Progress: 79%
Smile

Hello everyone!
WELL DONE on your great results which I have to say I find very inspiring. The way you carry on inspite of health problems I also find humbling.
Today is the one day I don't do pilates-I iron instead!! Well I'm pleased to report that I have lost 3.5lbs since I started on 22nd Jan. It has gone up & down in those 7 days but I concentrated on the goal of the average weight and the weight increase days didn't send me to the biscuit(cookie) jar which has always been been my downfall before . As I do not go out to work the problem I had with Atkins, I think, was all the titbits between meals, esp nuts and cheese. Well, I have stopped snacking on this eating plan and look forward to slowly going down and reachin my goal weight (yet again but this time keeping it down!
Wishing everone a good CAD/CAPL weekend!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 11:38

BF:

Wow, Fosca! Happy dance for you!!! I'm down 1 lb this morning, but I'll wait and see before I claim anything for sure. I've been at this for 2 days and it is probably water weight. I agree the snacking really got to me on Atkins - also nuts and low-carb treats were my downfall - they kept calling me and calling me through the day.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 15:23

I had trouble with the snacking too (same food items). I also liked the lc treats. As long as I don't let myself get to hungry on this plan I do well.

My weight has gone up the last few days...trying not to worry. I was just sooooo excited to be 136 again! Was 138 today!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 15:30

BF:

Are you coming off of Atkins or FF, Karen? Most people put on a little bit in the first week and then things stabilize and the weight starts to come off.

I'm having pizza and salad just now and I hope I don't do myself in with water weight. It is low-carb oat pizza though.

Kandi, you've done so well considering the setback and the stress last year. Good for you!
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 19:10

Cool

Sue: I am coming off FF. I think it is mainly water weight. I am really bloated tonight but then I wasn't eating salt and now I am...That will make a big difference!!! I am still going to watch the salt. Oat pizza sounds good. I had a new kind of spaghetti that had 17 grams of protein and 28 carbs plus omega 3 fats(I forget how much fiber). It was rather pricey but just as tasty as regular! I also made some of those betty crocker carb watch cookies. They are 12 net carbs. They were really yummy! The family devoured them.

Last edited by pre3teach : Sat, Jan-29-05 at 21:02.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 20:55

BF:

Your meal sounded super, Karen. Yep, I think it's water weight so don't worry about it too much - we have to average our weight for the week and that is psychologically easier to handle. You're going a lot higher in carbs than me. I'm being a little cautious still, as I'm not sure what I can handle in that department yet. I'm using the cookbooks from an author that I like very much to make low-carb fare, even for my reward meals - but, of course, way more liberal than the CM's.