Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 22:31

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Never mind - ignore this post. I figured out what I did wrong.

Last edited by diemde : Tue, Jan-25-05 at 22:40.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 01:48
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Mornin' Wa'il,

Man, I'm taking the plunge and relying solely on the PT, no more FitDay! I'm really lovin' the recipe function here! I suppose the only bad thing, is that PT is so much more accurate.....now I know EXACTLY what I'm eating! Kinda scary........

Ok, yeah, a bug. I updated a custom food (cottage cheese), and now want to delete the old version of customized cottage cheese. When I check it and select "delete", I get this:
"You did not enter the correct format for the field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

Is this because I used this item in a previous day? Even if so, shouldn't it either leave previous day as is, or update it?
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 04:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
Ok, yeah, a bug. I updated a custom food (cottage cheese), and now want to delete the old version of customized cottage cheese. When I check it and select "delete", I get this:
"You did not enter the correct format for the field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

Is this because I used this item in a previous day? Even if so, shouldn't it either leave previous day as is, or update it?

Yes, it means that custom item is being used in other days and/or recipes.

If it allowed deleting custim items that have been used, it will ruin the count on any recipe that used it as an ingredient, and previous daily entries.

The best way, IMHO, is instead of creating a new custom item, is to edit/update ther old one, so you don't have to deleye it.

Wa'il
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 04:49
muscle bound

yeah, good idea!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 06:23

On the Nutrition Detail page, for the Vitamins I had entered as a custom food, if I click customize this item, it brings up the correct screen. But of course, it's set for 100 grams. So I changed the serving size to 1 tablet and hit recalculate, but it's not recalculating the nutrients. It keeps showing them as the values for the 100 grams. I went ahead and saved it with the new category just to see what it would do, and of course, it saved it with the higher numbers for the nutrients. I'll leave it set as is so you can take a look.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 17:12
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
On the Nutrition Detail page, for the Vitamins I had entered as a custom food, if I click customize this item, it brings up the correct screen. But of course, it's set for 100 grams. So I changed the serving size to 1 tablet and hit recalculate, but it's not recalculating the nutrients. It keeps showing them as the values for the 100 grams. I went ahead and saved it with the new category just to see what it would do, and of course, it saved it with the higher numbers for the nutrients. I'll leave it set as is so you can take a look.

This is now fixed

Wa'il
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 03:53
muscle bound

Morning, Wa'il,

Last night when I tried to enter my evening meal, for some reaon, all the entries are added to "breakfast", although I made sure I had selected "dinner". I gave up, thinking it might be a temporary thing, but it's doing the same thing this morning, when I tried to go in and fix it.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 05:59
Forum Founder

Quote:
Morning, Wa'il,

Last night when I tried to enter my evening meal, for some reaon, all the entries are added to "breakfast", although I made sure I had selected "dinner". I gave up, thinking it might be a temporary thing, but it's doing the same thing this morning, when I tried to go in and fix it.

Was the item entered a bulk meal? Bul meals that are set for multiple meals are entered to the meal as they're created.

Wa'il
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 06:25
muscle bound

Nope, not entered as bulk. however, I just checked it out, and now it's working and everything is A-OK.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 18:01

On the daily entry screen, it looks like the "most recent" in the selection box at the bottom of the screen isn't being updated. It should be in sync with the current list in the food lists area. I do like having it small, though, on the daily entry screen, so maybe keeping it to the last 10-15 items is good.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 18:56
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
On the daily entry screen, it looks like the "most recent" in the selection box at the bottom of the screen isn't being updated. It should be in sync with the current list in the food lists area. I do like having it small, though, on the daily entry screen, so maybe keeping it to the last 10-15 items is good.

Yes, the recent items box is limited to 10 items, to make things more compact and easily scrolled. However, it is updated to show the last 10 unique items used.

The recent items in the food lists section will be limited to 50.

Wa'il
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 04:14
muscle bound

Quote:

Well, I thought it was ok, but it's not. It did it to me yesterday, and again this morning. I've narrowed it down to this....... when I enter my evening meal, it's usually the next morning. When I use the "search" box under the daily entry list, find my item, and click to add to "Dinner", it is consistently adding it to "breakfast" instead. So then, if I do a general search from the food lists for the item, add it to my favorites, and THEN go BACK to the daily entry page, highlight the entry under favorites, and add it to "dinner" there, then it does it just fine. Then, subsequent entries from the "Search" box under the daily entry list MAY or MAY NOT show up in "Dinner"....... but usually they do, after I get the first one to do it from favorites. Entries selected from favorites always go to the correct meal.

I know that every morning around 10:30am my time (4:30am EST), your site is updating and sending out e.mail notifications, and I can't access it for about 10 minutes. Usually I enter my food before that, though, so I don't know if this is having an effect or what on the Progress Tracker.
Anyway,
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 06:20
Forum Founder

Quote:
Well, I thought it was ok, but it's not. It did it to me yesterday, and again this morning. I've narrowed it down to this....... when I enter my evening meal, it's usually the next morning. When I use the "search" box under the daily entry list, find my item, and click to add to "Dinner", it is consistently adding it to "breakfast" instead. So then, if I do a general search from the food lists for the item, add it to my favorites, and THEN go BACK to the daily entry page, highlight the entry under favorites, and add it to "dinner" there, then it does it just fine. Then, subsequent entries from the "Search" box under the daily entry list MAY or MAY NOT show up in "Dinner"....... but usually they do, after I get the first one to do it from favorites. Entries selected from favorites always go to the correct meal.

I found it, and it should be fixed on the next update. I think this happens when you "touch" a selection from one box, but then select from the other box, search or favourits.
Quote:
I know that every morning around 10:30am my time (4:30am EST), your site is updating and sending out e.mail notifications, and I can't access it for about 10 minutes. Usually I enter my food before that, though, so I don't know if this is having an effect or what on the Progress Tracker.
Anyway,

Yes, it takes about 10 minutes for backups and other maintenance stuff. I've selected this time period as the logs show the lightest vistior activity. But it shouldn't change any behavious in the PT, just slows it down

Wa'il
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 01:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

When I use the "Advanced Search Tips" box, I can only scroll up or down by highlighting the text. This is a bit awkward and took me a while to figure out.

Is this a bug, or something from my end? Or just the way it works?

Roz
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 18:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

It's fixed now - I can scroll up and down to my heart's content.

Thank you!

Roz
Closed Thread