Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 13:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
From the daily view, I clicked on the pie chart for the day's totals (1/22). It takes me to the nutritional detail screen, but the counts are not right. It's showing 1102 calories and it should be 467. Other numbers are off, too.

When you say should be 467, is that 467 the daily total shown on the daily total, buttom row? Did you click the pie chart from the bottom row? Pie chart on the meal rows only count totals for that meal.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 04:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm having a problem with a recipe. I had entered it earlier today, then noticed it seemed to have too few calories, checked and saw that it was missing 2 ingredients (eggs and almond meal). I edited the recipe to add those ingredients, but when I came back and added the recipe to tonight's dinner, it again seemed too low in cals etc.
On checking the eggs and almond meal were missing again (still?) so I thought I'd just delete the recipe and start again.

When I try to delete the recipe (I went to My Recipes, checked the recipe and clicked "Go" beside "Delete recipe" I get a box saying "You did not enter the correct format for the field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

Roz
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 06:40
Forum Moderator

BF:

Just an update - maybe I was doing something wrong with the ingredients because they seem to still be there now.

But I still can't delete a recipe, nor can I delete an item from My Custom foods. I tried to do it in the same way as the recipe. Checked the item, and chose "delete from my custom foods" from the drop down menu, and again got the box saying, "You did not enter the correct format for the field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

Cheers,

Roz
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 07:13
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Just an update - maybe I was doing something wrong with the ingredients because they seem to still be there now.

But I still can't delete a recipe, nor can I delete an item from My Custom foods. I tried to do it in the same way as the recipe. Checked the item, and chose "delete from my custom foods" from the drop down menu, and again got the box saying, "You did not enter the correct format for the field. Please read the field description for the expected format."

Cheers,

Roz

I think this is because you're trying to delete a recipe that has already been entered in a previous day's food intake. This is the same with custom items as well. Eventually the error message will be very clear, indicating for example "Recipe is already used in other recipes and daily log" and maybe a list of where it's been used.

Wa'il
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 07:28

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
When you say should be 467, is that 467 the daily total shown on the daily total, buttom row? Did you click the pie chart from the bottom row? Pie chart on the meal rows only count totals for that meal.

Wa'il

Yes, if you look at "Day Total" on the daily view from yesterday (1/22) it's 1947. Then click on that same row's pie chart and it shows 2299.

I just looked at each day for the past week and see similar discrepancies. So it's not just yesterday. Some days it's only 1 calorie difference, others just a few calories difference. I'll continue to monitor as I enter today's foods and see if I can pinpoint what item might be causing it.

Edited to add: Ok, this is weird. You are going to need the exact steps. I was trying to duplicate it and got mixed results. So I started over and logged each step here:
1. click on today's view (it's empty when I started).
2. click on yesterday's date on the calendar to bring up yesterday's daily view.
3. click on the name of the food item (Coffee, brewed from grounds, prepared with tap water) to bring up the nutritional view.
4. change serving size to one cup in the drop down.
5. click on add to this day's intake for meal 1.
6. go back 2 screens using the browser's back button.
7. click on the name of the food item (Coffee, brewed from grounds, prepared with tap water, decaffeinated) to bring up the nutritional view.
8. change serving size to one cup in the drop down.
9. click on add to this day's intake for meal 1.
at this point it shows 2 calories for the day total and all that is listed are the 2 enteries, each with one cup.
10. click on the pie chart for the day totals.
It shows 1 calorie instead of 2.

I tried a few more ways and can get discrepancies. I set it up for you in my account for Jan 31 and Feb 2 so you can see the problem.

Edited to add more: Ok, I may have found a clue. I was adding my next item and found out this: If I go to the nutritional screen and change serving size from 100 grams to 1 cup, but DON"T click re-calculate nutrients and then add it to today's intake, then on the daily view, it's showing 1 cup for the serving size, but the calorie count is showing as if it was 100 grams. If I then update the serving size to reflect the correct amount, it shows it correctly on the daily view, but when I hit the pie chart it's still showing the calorie count as if it was the 100 grams. So the pie chart screen isn't updating based on what's actually showing on the daily view screen.

I think when someone changes the serving size on the nutritional view screen without hitting the recalculate button, then when they hit add it to today's foods, it needs to automatically do the recalculation when it adds it. If you can't do this recalculation, then it needs to be added to the daily view with the 100 grams, rather than the 1 cup.

Last edited by diemde : Sun, Jan-23-05 at 08:26.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 21:14
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
I think when someone changes the serving size on the nutritional view screen without hitting the recalculate button, then when they hit add it to today's foods, it needs to automatically do the recalculation when it adds it. If you can't do this recalculation, then it needs to be added to the daily view with the 100 grams, rather than the 1 cup.

I think you got it

Wa'il
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 22:24
Forum Founder

O.k., this serving size bug for the "add item" from the details page has now been fixed. But it will just add a default serving of 100 grams, and then you can edit it from the daily intake page.

This is to avoid the confusion, since some users will expect it to add the updated serving (after clicking recalculate), and some would expect it to just add the serving from the drop down list, even if the nutritional counts have not been recalculated..

Can't think of another way...

Wa'il
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 22:14
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi Wa'il,

I have just discovered that after clicking "food search," when I try to add an item (I tried a couple of different ones) from the Spices and Herbs section, the required item appears, but there is nowhere beneath it to click "add to favourites," or "add to my recipe ingredients."

Cheers, and keep up the absolutely wonderful job you are doing here.

Roz

PS: I've looked a bit further and it seems to be so when there is not a full list of items. For example, I clicked "carrots" in the veg section, and only carrots appeared, with nothing underneath. yet when you click something that gives a full page of items, there is no problem.

Roz

Last edited by Rosebud : Mon, Jan-24-05 at 22:22.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 22:25
Forum Founder

Quote:
I have just discovered that after clicking "food search," when I try to add an item (I tried a couple of different ones) from the Spices and Herbs section, the required item appears, but there is nowhere beneath it to click "add to favourites," or "add to my recipe ingredients."

I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying that the results page for asearch on spice is missing the bottom drop down menu that contains"add to favourites"? Or the drop down menu is there, but the button is missing?

Wa'il
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 22:30
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Are you saying that the results page for asearch on spice is missing the bottom drop down menu that contains"add to favourites"?
Wa'il

Yes. (Sorry to not be more clear) But I've now noticed that it (the drop down menu) is also missing when the item is one of only one or two, rather than a full page. For example, I clicked "carrots" from the veg section, and it came as a single item, but the drop down menu was missing.
I hope that makes more sense.

Roz
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 06:22
Forum Founder

Quote:
Yes. (Sorry to not be more clear) But I've now noticed that it (the drop down menu) is also missing when the item is one of only one or two, rather than a full page. For example, I clicked "carrots" from the veg section, and it came as a single item, but the drop down menu was missing.

I'm still not sure.... If you click on an item in the list, like carrots, it is supposed to show you the detailed nutritional reports page, and that page has no options to add to favourites.

Roz, do you know how to take a screen capture, I think an image might help

Wa'il
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 06:30
Forum Founder

Quote:
For example, I clicked "carrots" from the veg section,

O.k. I finally got the error, but I had to enter "carrot", not "carrots"

Wa'il
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 16:59
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
O.k. I finally got the error, but I had to enter "carrot", not "carrots"

Wa'il

Oops, sorry, mate. And I'm glad you figured out what I meant, because I have no idea how to provide a screen capture.

There is now a dropdown menu, but it only says, "add to recipe ingredients" and "delete from my favourites." There is no "add to my favourites." I can't remember for sure, but I thought there was an add to favourites before?

Roz
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 17:49
Forum Founder

Quote:
There is no "add to my favourites." I can't remember for sure, but I thought there was an add to favourites before?

Should be fixed now

Wa'il
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 17:55
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Should be fixed now