Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 16:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/176/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile Think I am going to Join the Turtle Club

Hi everyone,
I am a slow loser and in fact I weighed today and looked like I might have gained a little. I am not giving up. I will keep my carbs down to 20. I know I can lose on that. I have done it before. Just wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:46

Stats: 190/99.0/102.0 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good luck! I hope things are starting to move now.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 20:15

Plan: switched to low fat 4/05
Stats: 182/157/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Holding on!!!!!!!!
Progress: 48%
Default not giving up either

i am a slow mover too and i am not giving up.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 20:24
Registered Member

Stats: 212/201/135 Female 5'4
BF:36%
Progress: 14%

What's this turtle club? If it implies that the weight is refusing to leave my body then I think I should be president of this club. I'm getting so darn frustrated. The only thing keeping me on this diet is that I feel so great. It really helps to here there are others like me. I feel so sad when I read everyone's story about how the pounds melted off of them. My fat is holding on for dear life. There's no melting off this body. -laurie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 19:53

Stats: 220/220/125 Female 5'5"
BF:44/44/20
Progress: 0%

Hmmm, looks like this is what I have been looking for all this time....A littl emotivation from people who are going through the same problems as me.

Great idea! I'm looking forward to grabbing all the motivation I can get from this place, heaven knows how badly I need this right now!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 19:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/125 Female 5 ft 5
BF:way too much
Progress: 68%

You can do this ! HANG IN THERE I am not the quickest ' loser' myself...but I have faith that slow and steady is fine for me.Everyone is different...but giving up certainly never fixes anything !!!

Good luck...my fingers are crossed that the whoosh fairy visits soon
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 08:16

Stats: 220/220/125 Female 5'5"
BF:44/44/20
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Bahumbug!

Well, not only am I a slow looser, after two days (in a row I am proud to say!) I've actually gained 3 lbs...Maybe all the carb loading I did before is catching up to me, I will have to verify if I am in Ketosis...Ketostix here I come!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 21:30

Stats: 255/225/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 26%

ok at least I am not the only one........i lost 30 pounds initially but now........6 weeks in ketosis and not a pound.....I am ready to give it up.....but i am not going to...help.....
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 12:50

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi everyone. I have wondered why the turtle forum gets so little attention. I've tried to start a few threads but without luck at getting a discussion going. Are there any particular topics people are interested in? Justwander posted that she feels sad when she sees other people losing weight easily when her fat is so stubborn. I can relate to that. I feel jealous, then I feel quilty for feeling jealous. I am happy about the weight I've lost, but I'm still medically obese (only 5' tall) and I haven't been able to lose any weight for the past 4 months. It is hard to figure out what to do.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 13:26
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

I'm with ya.. I've actually stopped myself from reading the success stories, from looking in the gallery, etc. I look at them....then at myself, and I don't like the feeling that grows inside. I've been at 20 carbs since October, and pretty much losing and gaining the same 5 lbs the past few months. As someone mentioned above, there's the part of me that wants to give up... but I feel worse if I'm now lowcarbing. So...I'm stuck.... at 20 carbs..and maintaining.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 14:27

Stats: 255/225/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 26%

ok you guys......i dont know if this is any help......but since i posted my note i have given up pnuts.....condiments.....started making sure i get my 8 glasses of water.......i noticed this morning i have lost 5 pounds....which is encouraging since i havent lost in 2 months.......i dont know if this is going to be a trend .....but iwas ready to give up.......so....maybe you guys can look closely at what you are eating and make some adjustments......alos i had a friend who has lost 178lbs...tell me that i had been on too long and give myself a break.....I was scared to because i thought i would never gert back on.....but i did.....i went off two days...ate regular,,,,not too much......it seemed to help
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 14:41

Plan: dietitican prescribed
Stats: 272/186/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Can I start a different chapter of the turtle club?

I'd like to call it something like "The yo-yo turtle club"

Seems that what weight I do lose comes off slowly and then goes back and forth, losing and regaining the same 5lbs over and over again.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 15:39

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Me too Rain...wonder what we are doing wrong? My G.P. says lower calories, sigh.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 16:05

Plan: switched to low fat 4/05
Stats: 182/157/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Holding on!!!!!!!!
Progress: 48%

I am also a turtle...my sister however is the speedy weight loss..the only thing we do differently is that she exercises six times a week and I can barely bring myself to exercise 3x a week if I really really really try.

Is everyone else exercising.... But wow lost 87 lbs...I would be estatic!!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 18:34

Plan: dietitican prescribed
Stats: 272/186/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest
Me too Rain...wonder what we are doing wrong? My G.P. says lower calories, sigh.

I dont know Quest. I dont think its a matter of fewer calories, at least for me. I think I have lowered my calories too much and put myself in starvation mode. Most days I hit between 1200 and 1300 calories but I have had 900 calorie days and one day where I could only manage 680 calories!! I'm exercising my butt off too. Every day for anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes with combo's of cardio, weight lifting, resistance training and sculpting. My water intake is where it should be as well. My body is seemingly determined to hold on to every pound it can and is making me work double hard for every ounce I get rid of. I have an appointment with my dietitican this week and will go over every thing with her. I'll glady share any tips she has to offer with you.