Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 15:54

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

OMG- those recipies sound great- I am trying this tomorrow- I LOVE carbquik- I have tried so many other baking mixes and this is the closest thing to "real" I have found!!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 16:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'd love eat a sweet bowl muffin for breakfast, but it isn't nearly filling enough. I gotta think of something to go with it.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 16:33

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Am I the only person who is ALWAYS hungry at breakfast? I mean, I wake up starved. I've tried to limit myself at breakfast, but this idea seems great. Finally, an excuse for a big breakfast, and I don't mind limiting dinner.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 08:57

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

169 today- not sure what is going on- I really made sure to have a small dinner last night but had more cals than I usually have and had 20 carbs, which I usually keep under 15. Also slept 2 hrs later so I am thinking since I weighed later it is not really that much! I am seeing a slight color on the stick so I believe I am headed in the right direction!!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 09:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, so far I haven't lost a pound. Gained some in fact. But it's about TOM time.
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 15:06

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I never have the problems I had last night, but I was craving ANYTHING and couldn't sleep! I normally don't have cravings! I didn't give in though and surely hope I don't have a repeat night!!!! Hope everyone else is doing great!!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 18:32
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I've been doing well. I have not been eating after 7:00pm- no snacking or anything. But I do get very hungry by the time I go to sleep around midnight. But I deal with it. Hehe.

I am down two pounds so far on this 'experiment'.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 01:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing good so far!
Nancy, don't you just HATE TOM!? BLECH!

Well, I'm still hanging around at the same weight. Not much has changed, except the fact that I got my Tanita in the mail today and it's saying I weigh 2.4 lbs more than my other scale! Oooh that burns me up! It's ok though, just gives me more incentive to lose that extra and get back to where I was, so I can concentrate on getting into a new 'decade'!
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 04:30
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 64
BF:too scared
Progress: 80%

i gained ~ 5 lbs since thanksgiving and can't seem to lose them little#$%~~#! very fast.
i work 11pm-7am so this would be easy for me to eat my big meal at breakfast,(dinner with the family) but find it hard to eat that much when i first get up. i usually just have coffee and maybe a beef stick before work.

i am on board too. gonna try it, we all need to report back ~ 1/7/05. let's see how we do? hopefully i can at least shed the preholiday weight.

Last edited by mgood : Fri, Dec-31-04 at 04:38.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 16:54
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

well always looking for something different to try. I have been doing carb cycling but the cravings are pretty bad. So in the morning going back to Atkins induction for awhile. May give this a try though. Never was a breakfast eater and have started eating a small one with Atkins so now going to make it bigger. My weight is up so I'm hoping it will come down soon. I'll be checking in with my results.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 18:47

BF:

I completely blew it last night and ate not too long before going to bed! Not good at all! So, after tonight, I am going to go to bed much earlier and feel that will solve that problem!!!!!!! Oh gosh, the foods I blew it with were low carb of course!
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 07:47

Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

You are a genius, this is totally working for me! I have tried it for 2 days starting at 169 because of pigging out on Xmas,and the first day after, I got on the scale and only weighed 166 after the 2nd day 162.5 and New Years I had a few drinks so I went to 163.5 but this is amazing I hope it keeps working I may finally see the 150's if I stop cheating which I will NEW YEAR NEW ME! thank u thank u thank u! I'll keep u posted!
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 19:41

Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hey, I've had great success so far and it's only been 2 days, didn't have a stall but kick started the weight loss wonderfully! I seem to be just as hungry at night as in the morning though! I have coffee with heavy cream and 6splenda, I know that is too much, 16.9oz of water then breakfast is 4 large eggs with 2 oz cheese, more water, lunch is salad with egg and dressing, and dinner is a bigger salad and some meat, today for dinner I had 3 double cheeseburgers w/o bun, is this going to totally ruin me or what? I had them at the movies while my girls had popcorn, so I figured that is was better than that.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 19:59

BF:

I don't know if the scales are moving, but the swelling I had been experiencing for the past month is going down, so maybe I'll start showing a loss soon. I did go to sleep earlier than normal last night and so there was only a 3 hour gap between my last meal and sleep! I do seem to be sleeping better! We'll see!
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 22:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

Hey all, glad to see the scales are moving in the right direction!
My scale is moving in the WRONG direction but it's partially my own fault, and partially the fault of these DANG holidays! lol. I don't know why but something made me want potato chips SO bad last night, and at my friends house they had them sitting out in that nice little container with the dip, and I just ATE them! lol. I didn't drink so I guess I needed something to make me feel better! Anyway, they weren't THAT high in carbs so I think I should be fine. Woke up this morning and weighed and I was about 2 lbs heavier. It's probably water weight though and will leave soon. I also ate dinner late tonight which couldn't be helped, DH and I had to go to the store and buy some food, so by the time we got in it was late.
I'm SO glad the holidays are over and we can start getting 'back to normal' now! No more having to worry about eating out for the holiday, eating late, etc. So I plan on implementing this everyday again, as I feel SO much better eating this way and I find that I definitely lose more, and more consistently. I'm glad so many others are having success with this, and I hope through the new year we continue to do so!
Here's to a slimmer, better 2005!!

Michele