Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 11:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 271/269/165 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default hoodia

Yeah Bonnie,

I think its time to take it off this board I just opened chat on here, and it dropped me right into a "main room" thats empty. I'm in the yahoo chat room too... I spent most of my chatting career on MIRC, and not on web based chats so I'm not sure of how this works.

Hope to see you somewhere
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 08:21

BF:
Default Hoodia Update

Hi,

I've been taking the hoodia, one or two times a day for around 6 days now, and I think it is lessening my appetite. Its back to normal now for the next week and a half before my hubby and I go on a cruise out of Galveston, and I'm hoping the supply I ordered last week online arrives in time to take with me.

I don't usually gain weight on cruises, amazingly, as I'm not responsible for food preparation and feeding the masses, but this time I'm hoping to go against all odds and drop a pound or two, as I'm also generally more active on vacations...lets put that a little differently. I'm active all through my daily life, but I'm more "aerobicly" active? during vacations...

Yesterday I got more of the coconut oil in me that in the last couple of days too, and the life lift arrived, so I'm playing with that in addition to the 3-4x weekly at curves. Bonnie, do you do all your 40 "lifelifts" in one sitting? I had trouble doing the body flex and the oxycise all at once too, and incidentally, the breathing technique IS the same.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

Michelle
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I have yet to receive my order ....

Please keep me updated on the effects you're seeing. The full effects might take 2-3 weeks....

I'm going to have the hoodia company resend my order tomorrow (they have to wait 3 weeks before the post office refunds their money for a "lost" order????).

Good luck!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:18

Hi Michelle,

I can't comment on oxycise, etc., and life lift being the same, I never did the others.... However, some of the people who also do life lift say that the breathing technique is far gentler -- maybe you're trying too hard?

Anyway, I do the 40 all at one time -- but at the beginning I had to break it up, I tended to hyperventilate and get dizzy. Also, over the past several months, I've personalized my exercise regime, and do life lift breaths with various exercises that target my problem areas (belly!!!).

I also do life lift breaths throughout the day, have found them wonderfully "stimulating" -- like when I'm getting drowsy in a long meeting . My husband and I both do them when we're on the road -- we no longer get drowsy when driving long distances -- this is probably my strongest reason for using these!!! Perhaps it's our age (we're in our 60s), but whatever -- we were getting quite drowsy whenever we drove anywhere over a few miles -- were constantly stopping to rest and change drivers -- now we simply switch every 100 miles and haven't any alertness problems -- this is really great!

Good luck!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:35
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM
I have yet to receive my order ....

I'm going to have the hoodia company resend my order tomorrow (they have to wait 3 weeks before the post office refunds their money for a "lost" order????).

Good luck!
BMK, where did you order your hoodia from? I'm having trouble getting my order as well. I got it from hoodiahoodia.com. They're looking into my order right now.

Wanda
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:38

Hi Wanda -- mine is from hoodiahoodia.com too -- strange...

The company is out of Canada, and the person I've been communicating with is a jencully (signs her notes Jen).

She asked me to wait until tomorrow for them to re-send -- I sure hope I get the stuff!!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 12:26
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Bonnie:

I wondered when I saw you post that it was from Canada. It looks like they had some pretty big backorder problems. I'll let you know what happens with my order.

Wanda
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 19:42

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

Michele-who did you get hoodia from? I have been thinking about taking it. Once I stop nursing my daughter that is!
Do you really feel like it's worth it? How much did you pay?
Thanks!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 07:21

BF:
Default problems with order

Hi Bonnie, Twin Mommie, everyone.

I also ordered with paypal from Hoodia.com and haven't received the order yet, and I'm leaving in ten days for a cruise.

The stuff I bought was "source naturals" hoodia from the health food store and it cost 22.95 for 60 pills of 250mg, but that place is generally overpriced.

I wanted to give it a try before ordering on the net but I'm going to run out.

Maybe we should all gang up on paypal!

michelle
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 07:24

BF:
Default hoodia shipment info

Here's the info I got from paypal confirming the order:

Shipped From:
Total Health Inc.
12545 Olive Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO
United States

Hope this helps. Don't see anything indicating Canada.

Michelle
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 08:32

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Ive been reading all your post and i remember a few months ago on tv i saw a program not sure if it was DateLine or 20/20 but there was one of the journalist she went to San Tribesmen of the Kalahari Desert and she met this man growing them in rows...it wasnt a big plantation at all whatsoever either...a lot of his rows were empty and some didnt grow at all...he did say the tribs eats it and she did try a piece and she did say she wasnt hungry at all during the day...but i remember that the grower said it will take some time to grow properly and to start going on the market...so im just wondering if its really true if they do sell this stuff yet on the market...i will try to research what program i saw on tv cause now im curious...
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 10:48

My paypal info follows, though mine says Canada on it????

"This email confirms that you have paid Millennium Health Supplements (Canada) Inc. (jencully~sprint.ca) $46.90 CAD using PayPal.

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: 100% Pure Hoodia Gordonii 400mg 60 Capsule Bottle
Total: $39.95 CAD

Business: Millennium Health Supplements (Canada) Inc.
Contact E-Mail: sales~hoodiahoodia.com
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 10:53

I just ordered a bottle from www.iHerb.com:

Hoodia Extract ( Hoodia SN-1875 Gordonii 20:1 ), Source Naturals, 250 mg, 60 Tabs -- $17.00

I am absolutely sure of this place, we get all our supplements through them (they're fast and inexpensive, no shipping charges for >$20 order, etc.).

I was hoping that the other stuff was out of Canada, and might be the real thing -- but I've not had reason to complain about any of the Source Natural products, so....

Michelle, how is yours working? Do you still see any appetite suppresion? Etc.? Etc.?

Thanks!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:24

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

Lanny-
I also saw the same thing w/ leslie Stahl. I think it was on 60 minutes. She tried it. It helped her not be hungry all day.

I just hope I can find something like it!
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:30
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I just saw it advertised in the GNC magazine.