Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%

Finally got the book in the mail today! Me and my wife are anxious to start next week!

It seems this book is pretty popular as no one in LA had it in stock - SOLD OUT!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 05:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Yeah, we had David on my morning show. What a great guy. If you would like to hear the interview, you can PM or email me and I can mp3 it to you.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 13:42

Plan: NY Body Plan
Stats: 128/119/115 Female 63.5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I weighed myself for the first time since starting the plan and the scale said I lost 9 pounds (128 to 119) since Monday!!! Frankly, that's unbelievable to me -- I think there's a lot of water weight gone, and my scale was $1.99 special from Ikea so it's not the most reliable... But still the fact that my body has changed is undeniable. I seem to have lost a little bit of surface fat in the arms, waist and face -- unfortunately in the chest too, but I'm willing to accept that if my weight loss continues in my hips and thighs.

I'm probably going to be less strict with the food but hopefully more strict with the exercise this weekend. I'll let you know the damage on Monday! But overall I'm sold on this plan as a good kick-start. I feel like I've had more energy all week, without my 3 pm slump.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 12:29

Plan: ultimate new york body pl
Stats: 152/139/134 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Trying...

Hello to all. First time posting to this site. I am currently following the NY Body Plan, with modifications!! Does anyone know if you can drink Decaf Coffee? Gosh, I do miss the taste so! I can't get all the exercise in, and havent purchase the stability ball or medicine ball yet. Grovejock, have you followed it to a Tee? Please let me know the results. Going since Tuesday (today is Saturday) and trying hard!!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 14:33

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 208/165/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 68%

When I did the plan I substituted w/green tea b/c I need cream in the coffee. As for substituting I know someone who only walked and did light weights but followed the eating portion and she lost 10 lbs.

Michelle
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 06:06

Decaf is okay but Green tea is sooo much better for you.

btw, way to go snakebread. This is not an easy plan to stick to but like you see, it does work-HARDCORE!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 170/164/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I guess I'm only in the planning stage. I have eaten/cleared out my fridge of cheese and other higher fat protien choices. I have gone back to pretty strict induction level eating, to clear my body of all the holiday revelry. I am planning a menu for the next week, and plan on eating clean. I have looked over the book several times -this guy needs to make a dvd for his workout! On another BB a gal says she uses the Firm for her cardio sculpt, and I may do that. All I have to do now is set my alarm clock for 5 am and start! Always the hardest part.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 21:05

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttorres
All I have to do now is set my alarm clock for 5 am and start! Always the hardest part.

I never had any trouble setting the alarm. It was the getting up when it went off that was the hard part!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 08:16

Quote:
I guess I'm only in the planning stage. I have eaten/cleared out my fridge of cheese and other higher fat protien choices. I have gone back to pretty strict induction level eating, to clear my body of all the holiday revelry. I am planning a menu for the next week, and plan on eating clean. I have looked over the book several times -this guy needs to make a dvd for his workout! On another BB a gal says she uses the Firm for her cardio sculpt, and I may do that. All I have to do now is set my alarm clock for 5 am and start! Always the hardest part.

GOOD NEWS! David did make a DVD and it comes out in 2 weeks!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 15:39
Registered Member

BF:

I guess you know this as he was recently on your radio show (?). I checked his web site and found no info - tell me more.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 21:50

Plan: ultimate new york body pl
Stats: 152/139/134 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default still going strong

This is day 8 for me. I have not lost a pound, yet my jeans are sliding up alot easier!!! Still can not get in his exercises, but I am walking every night.
Has anyone tried his recipes? Some of they are delicious! I made the Red Peper Pesto tonight, and instead of Salmon Florentine, I used Chicken Breast. I don't eat any fish at all. It was great! I have tried a couple of others, all great, but this one was the best. I plan to keep up the eating habits, but the only thing I have "cheated" with is chewing sugar free gum.. yummy...
Please keep up this postings.. It makes it a bit easier for me to know that others have kept it going too!
Also, I need sweet n low in my decaf tea, but I am managing to drink it without out. Ahh, the sacrifices we make to look great!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelbytes
This is day 8 for me. I have not lost a pound, yet my jeans are sliding up alot easier!!! Still can not get in his exercises, but I am walking every night.
Has anyone tried his recipes? Some of they are delicious! I made the Red Peper Pesto tonight, and instead of Salmon Florentine, I used Chicken Breast. I don't eat any fish at all. It was great! I have tried a couple of others, all great, but this one was the best. I plan to keep up the eating habits, but the only thing I have "cheated" with is chewing sugar free gum.. yummy...
Please keep up this postings.. It makes it a bit easier for me to know that others have kept it going too!
Also, I need sweet n low in my decaf tea, but I am managing to drink it without out. Ahh, the sacrifices we make to look great!

Way to go!
Have you tried Stevia for you tea? I use it in my green tea every morning.

I also loooovee the Salmon Florentine. I have not tried it with chicken breast yet. I'll have to check it out.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 05:35

Quote:
I guess you know this as he was recently on your radio show (?). I checked his web site and found no info - tell me more.

You can learn about it here.
NY Body Plan DVD
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 11:17
Registered Member

BF:

Groovejock -I can't get into the web site. It looks like it requires a password to enter, and when I click on new customer it goes back to the original main screen. I guess I can wait a week or two & check back on David's web site.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-05, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%

My wife and I went to Whole foods and bought all the supplies for the first 7 days. I am a big guy and must say that I feel like this is plenty of food. I changed the protein drink - I have one mid morning instead of first thin in the morning - and have the other mid afternoon so we can eat as a family for the last meal of the day - hope this is OK. Also, since I am bigger than my 124 lb wife, I am making haveing two scoops of protein for the drinks to make it 50 Grams (I am suing Isopure zero carb vanllia - tastes pretty good and mixes easy).

I think I am going to have to build up to his workout portion though!!! And trying to do it at the gym would require that you bring the boo the first few times - hopefully I can learn them and bring a small notebook.