Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The smallest is an Adult woman ("normal height...4'9" and up) is 00

I have a friend who wears that. She is 4'10" (she is 22 years old) and weighs about 93lbs
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 07:08

Plan: My Own
Stats: 200/180/175 Male 5'11.5"
BF:sz36/sz31/sz30
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelratz
The smallest is an Adult woman ("normal height...4'9" and up) is 00

I have a friend who wears that. She is 4'10" (she is 22 years old) and weighs about 93lbs

Intresting... I am trying to understand these numbers... My wife is 5'1" and 95 pounds, wears sz2 American... size 0 just sounds dangerously thin based on that... but I do not understand womans sizes... men's makes more sense!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 07:43

BF:

It always depends on the cut of the clothes. I don't usually wear a size 0, usually I wear 2-4. Also your basic shape. That stays the same no matter what weight. Women that have pear shaped bodies will usually have to wear something bigger in, lets say pants. The top would be be smaller.

I have a slim bottom....so pants and skirts would be smaller anyway.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 08:16
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

At 120, 5'5", I wear a 4-6 or 9-11 junior.

I've also had 4 kids, so that prob has something to do with it.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 08:41

Well I know if I get her a top, or somthing like that I have to get a Petite small what ever that means. We buy her kids shoes too LOL

See with mens pants its much more reasonable, a 30" wiaste, with 30" legs, wheres a size 30-30! THat I can follow!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 12:48

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

From what I've seen, size 0 at the Gap and similar stores is mainly purchased by pre or barely teen girls who want to shop in the same stores as older girls. The Delias catalogue/stores started carrying tinier sizes because the market who bought the clothes was younger than they expected initially (marketing to high schoolers they got 10 year olds).
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 21:46

BF:

It's very strange, becuase I saw purchasing chothes from both ends. When I was a soze 12, everything seemed to be 6 or 4. Size 6 seemed very tiny to ever get in to. Now if I wak into a store like the Fashion Bug, I can't find anything smaller then a 6. If I shop at Banana Republic (my favorite store), I get all the 2's and 4's I want. A size 10 or larger is rather rare there. On television shopping (QVC, ShopNBC,etc) I can not purchase anything because I am off the size scale there. That industry knows the average woman (with an income) size is a 10-12. As long as Hollywood pushes the thin body as the ideal, the sizes will get smaller and smaller.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-04, 11:30

Well I wear a "large" shirt, and 30-30 pants. I never have trouble finding it, cuase I just go to jcpennys.com and order in what ever size I need.. they realy make womans stuff way confusing!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-25-04, 10:29

Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

Vydor,

After having a great deal of trouble finding women's pants that will fit me because I have a short rise, I tried men's 30-30s and they fit great. The waist is a bit big but a belt takes care of it nicely. In women's pants I wear a size 8 but the rise is so long that the waist fits just under my breasts. Not pretty and definately not comfortable. We weight nearly the same. I bounce around between 160 and 162.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 07:31

Intresting, if I understand what you mean by riase correctly then my wife has the opsite problem.

Its so much harder to get her clothes, me I literly log on to jcpennies.com and pick "relax fit" , 30-30, arzona jeans, pick the shade of blue, hit order. Takes 5 mins. Couple days later they arrive at my door. Thats it! Her it may take 4 or 5 trips to multple stores to find somthing that fit. Dont blame her, I know its the cloths at fualt, but still stinks!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 13:57

BF:

Well, you know with the men, they only have to worry about one part.....the upper part of the body. With women its two parts, the top and bottom and they are not always in proportion.

What puzzles me is why the women must be thin to be attractive? I know you usually photograph 10 lbs heavier then what you are. So in Hollywood, why do they pick on the women? That american idol singer Rubin....he is too fat, but they focus only on his voice....not the fact that he is almost as heavy as a baby killer whale. With women, its the size that comes first, any talent, secondary.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 09:10

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

My wife is short 5'2" and she has always had trouble finding stuff that fit right. When we starting doing yoga, she bought some yoga pants from victoria's secret - petite size - and she wont wear anything else now because they actually fit the right way! They look really good too; they are not just for yoga, I see lots of people wearing them.

Happy Trails everyone!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 12:47

BF:

I dragged out my infamous size 0 skirt. It still fits. I purchased that in November of 2004. still very strange. I tried on other size 0, this is still the one that fits. I want to have it bronzed.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 12:50

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Congrats!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-05, 03:33
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

I so know what you mean about sizes. Before I gained the weight I was a size 2...now that I work out and lost the weight I am a size 1...they just fit better.

But going to stores....yuk!!! Old Navy pants are ALL too big on me and the little girls section is too small. I find Tommy jeans to have all different cuts so I have to try on 3 gazillion pairs to find one that fits right. The Gap's size 2 is really a size 4 in their khakis and God do I hate vanity sizing...could go on all day about it.

I would order my jeans to fit online but that takes the fun out of seeing them on you and the whole shopping experience which, for women, is a major thing.

Best jeans for a slim body...LEI, Mudd, Angel, Zanadi...I get mine at Marshall's which is the BEST store in the whole wide world. Usually 15 bucks a pair...can't beat that.