Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 15:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

Hello Nancy and Jimsbride

I didn’t exercise yesterday, the trip to the doctor was enough for one day. The pain level was higher than usual in the evening but was back to my own “normal” this morning so I did the usual Pilates. I also went for a walk this afternoon, while it was not raining. Guess what I found in the mailbox when I returned from the walk? The videotapes!!! Now I have to try at least one of those… but which one…

Happy thanksgiving to you two! Enjoy your long weekend and please come back to exercise on Monday!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 19:46

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Way off track!!!! Why isnt no one hollering at me!!! By now, I truly deserve it!

I have to be a little generous. I have done nothing but CONSTANT 10 day cleaning of this house for 5 days!!!

Ok, no promises that I would break.

Cali, what king of pilates do you do? Do they target a specific area? It felt like I did 20 min on just the abs and it wore me out. Felt good but I was done!

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 08:49

Plan: NS
Stats: 300/294/160 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:Yup, it's there
Progress: 4%

Hey guys - I realize I'm a little late (what else is new!), but is there room for me here? I've just come back to LC again this week and have decided this time around, I MUST make exercise a priority. Although I don't suffer with FM or it's related problems, I am familiar with it and know what a challenge it is for you guys to keep moving with exercise. That is my challenge right there - if you can do it, I can.

I vow to get on that treadmill today before 2:00. Can't commit to how far I'll go as it's been a long time, but getting on it is the first step, right?

Anyway, hoping you don't mind the intrusion....

Your fellow loser!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 15:44

I did 15 minutes of the Hula for beginners tape today.

Jimsbride, about the Pilates, I took a little exercise here and there until I had enough to make a 20 minutes workout that I could do without injuring myself more. Some are Winsor Pilates some are Pilates Yoga video with Jami Grassi. Yes, they focus on my abs and they used to leave quite sore the next day.

For someone with fibro, 20 minutes of a new exercise seems like a lot. At the Fibro association, they keep telling us to avoid the spiral down. The spiral down starts on a day when we feel better then usual. We have all those things that needs to be done so we do it and for sure, the next morning, we fell so bad that we do close to nothing for a few days or weeks, depending on how bad it is. Then, one day we feel better, do all the things we could not do while not felling well and the next day we are down again. According to them, the way to do it, is not doing too much when we feel better so we can feel better for many days in a row. They also say to start any new physical activity very slowly like 10 minutes on the first day and add a couple of minutes every other day. I am sure you already know all that but it helped me a lot so I thought I would share.

I hope you don’t feel too bad tomorrow.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 15:37

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi nancy and welcome!
Hey all been having a bout with the holiday blues but hope to get back in gear with some kind of exercise by Monday...if ya don't see a post in here by me come over and yell at me!!!
Nancy
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 11:53

Hi All!

Yesterday I walked and shopped for 2 hours so that counts for exersize for Monday...in a bit of a flare-up so I will attempt walking 10 minutes x3 and toning exercises for my bottom bod tomorrow.
Hope everyone is OK?
nancy
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 17:29

Walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Having trouble getting motivated for exercise so am lowering my goal to treadmill walking at least 3 x a week even if it means breaking it up into 3 10 minutes segments.
Hey! where is everybody...lonely here.
Hugs,
nancy
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 21:16

Hi Nancy,

I am sorry to have left you alone here. I had work to do and some brain fog for the last days. Without my brains functions I am not sure that I am doing more good than bad with work…

I worked out; belly dancing yesterday and Pilates today. I also ate right for those days. I plan to do some hula dancing tomorrow.

Jimsbride, where are you?
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 10:52

I am here!!! This week has been hectic, everyday is full of running and decorating! Geesh!! But you know what? Unless it is out of my control I am going to choose to NOT let that suffice for my routine. I started this thread with the intentions of bringing myself and you guys bringing me into accountablility for SCHEDULED and PLANNED excercise. So, I need to focus back on that! Geesh! I have pilates!!! That's easier than what I was doing !!!! So, no more excuses but still I am going to be honest, even when I don't do them. Also, I do accept for myself that some days are not in my control to excercise because of other busyness. But they need to be few and far between. This is guidelines that I am setting for me and only me. I believe we each should set our own guidelines and boundaries. So far I am the worst!!! LOL!

Nancy101, Welcome!!!! This thread by no means was created for fibro situations. It is a total coincident that the 3 of us have it! It is here for us to check in on each other for accountability purposes. We post in morning to place our goal and by evening we post to say how well we did and did not do. None of this is in stone. This is just my goal. I have not been on here because of eating bad through Thanksgiving and being too busy, as I have said, I no longer will use as an excuse!!!

So, glad to have you aboard. Let us know how you are doing!

Nancy and Cali, you put me to shame!!!

I am going to get it together, you will see!!! LOL!

Jimsbride
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 19:16

So far, December is going well. I didn’t cheat yet and exercised everyday. Today was 15 minutes of the Crunch Cardio Salsa videotape. I didn’t manage to make time for exercise until after supper so there was no way I was going to try Pilates on a full stomach! So far, the cardio salsa is fun and I adapt the exercises that I don’t want to do.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 20:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 208/198/160 Female 69inches
BF:

Hello CalicoCat!!

What type of video is the Salsa tape..........Sounds intresting (maybe even fun!!!)

Perkins
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 13:32

Yesterday, I took a 40 minutes walk after supper and then did Pilates. I had to… I felt so guilty about cheating!

Today was the whole tape of Hula workout for beginners. The 35 minutes workout went well but I have to adapt a lot of the exercises that I can’t do, as usual.

Perkins, the salsa tape is from the “crunch” series. They usually receive good ratings from the public. I used to feel that they were too energetic for my needs but I have adapted.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 06:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 208/198/160 Female 69inches
BF:

Thanks for the info CalicoCat! I'm always up for trying new things. I get tired of going to the gym to jog or climb stairs. I need some variations to my workout so I don't get bored!

Thanks
Perkins
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 09:17

Yesterday was belly dancing. Today, I am aiming at Pilates. I am starting to feel better. I had a good night sleep last night and woke up with my legs less tense than usual. It might be those magnesium supplements, it might be all the exercises or both...
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-04, 15:29

I did pilates on Saturday! That is good. The rest of the day I worked butt off decorating outside. But I said that I wasn't going to count that! Today is Sunday, my day to rest. Tomorrow I am going full force after the pilates. I plan on doing 2 workouts a day.

Glad to see everyone is still at it! Way to go cali!! You are the inspiration of this thread!

Nancy, where are you???

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride