Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 16:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

I feel way better today; the sun is shinning too! I did Pilates yesterday and belly dancing today.

Jimsbride, what is physical anxiety? I have a weird chest pain that I could swear brings me some anxiety, not the other way around. Is that it?

Nancy, I am sorry that you have bad weather your way. I hope it clears up soon.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 10:25

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Default physical anxiety

Quote:
Jimsbride, what is physical anxiety? I have a weird chest pain that I could swear brings me some anxiety, not the other way around. Is that it?

Cali,

This is my own inventive word for this symptom. It is when I am having mild to severe symptoms of anxiety and don't feel like there is anything triggering it. Most of the time, though, if I look deep enough, I can find something that is riding me mentally or emotionally. But, hey, who doesn't have that!!!

I have been told by my docs that my stress level along with adrenaline levels have rode soooo high for sooo long that my actual nerve endings are now damaged (medically) not emotionally, although that too. And the smallest things throw me into anxiety attacks when I can truly tell you that my life is truly good now and nothing like it use to be!!!

So, although now I believe God is blessing my life with wonderful things, the tail end of my past (terrorizing ex, and so forth) still seems to have a part in my abilities to enjoy what God has given me. (wonderful husband, spiritual and financial and emotional healings) I believe my physical healing is in progress! Hey, I use to lay in bed for months at a time....this is definately a sign of getting well.

Anyhow, I now have to deal with bad days but they are not as often as they use to be. This past 2 weeks has been rough and I think it is because of the weather change. Oh well, God is good and its all going to be alright.

Hope this helps

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:37

Hi, I did Pilates yesterday, belly dancing and a nice walk in the woods today. I am very lucky with the weather this week: it has bees sunny for a few days now and the forecast for the next week to come is a full week of sun! I will take all the good news that comes my way!

I hope you have a nice week too!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 11:12

Hi, Jimsbride and Nancy! How are your two feeling today?

Jimsbride, did you try the Pilates?

Here the weather is still good. I did Pilates this morning.

Have a nice day!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 12:19

Well,

In efforts of keeping the accountability going...I am checking in to say that I am still struggling w/sever symptoms. I did wake up this morning and help dh with cutting firewood. This would include lifting and throwing. I considered this good excercise for my condition right now. I have pretty much stopped walking due to cold weather, but plan to start it again, dressed warmly.

No, I haven't done pilates yet, rotten dvd player messing us up! It is definately on its way though.

Don't give up on me cali, you are doing great and being a great excercise buddy for me! I am in a slump and will pull out! Thank you for your faithfullness to this thread. I have a feeling we each our going to have seasons of ups and downs and right now mine is down.

I am very proud of you and nancy! Keep it up girls and hard bodies will be back at your houses. LOL

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 16:03

OK, tomorrow I am starting the walking again.

Everyday I have been doing some kind of strenuous activity. Today was painting the bathroom. This, I am figuring will due for today's activity. Though I do want to get more structured.

Anyone around???

Lots of hugs,
Jimsbride
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 16:37

Hi Jimsbride, yes painting the bathroom qualifies for physical activities in my book! I hope you have some good weather for walking tomorrow.

I did belly dancing this afternoon.

Have a nice day!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 08:42

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi Ladies,
I am sorry that I have been MIA from our exercise group. I have been having some personal problems combined with just not feeling so great and haven't been exercising.
I will start tomorrow with a 90 minute yoga class as that will be a good way to ease back into exercise.
Hugs to both of you.
Nancy
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 01:57

exercise for 11/18/04

90 minute yoga class. Two 10 minutes fast "strolls" on my treadmill which got my thighs "burning" so figured that was enough.
Total steps =3,708=1.404 mi=207.5 cal

Planned exercise for tomorrow is: 1) 3 10 minute strolls on the treadmill and toning of the lower bod.

Hugs,
Nancy
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 06:26

Default Round Three!!!

Nancy and Cali,

Both of yous are putting me to shame! I have fallen off wagon and today am going full force back to it. Excercise does more than just tone. It tones our whole mentality of changing for the better. I have been a few weeks now without it and shame on me! Now, I have finished me 2 days of eating the things that have been bugging me. This, "to get them out of my systme". But, now I am miserable. Of course!

So, today, I am going to attempt the pilates, I have dvd player set up and am nervously wanting to explore this new excercise. I am going to try to get outside for some sunshine strolls as well. I heard you absorb Vit D just from the rays! Anyone else hear this before?

So, this is my decree,
Jimbride
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-04, 11:01

It looks like I have been taking a break for the last two days. I didn’t exercise and cheated. Well, I am back with you today, I did belly dancing this morning and even if I was not feeling like doing it at all, I must confess that I feel better since I have done it! For the first part of the videotape, I was actually complaining at the woman on the tape!

This afternoon, I will attend a conference about pain and fibromyalgia. It is given by our local Fibro association. If I learn anything useful, I will let you know.

Nancy, 90 minutes of yoga seems like a lot to me. How do you handle it? Did you start it a little at a time and then do a bit more each time until you could handle a full class? Or is it so gentle that you never had problems with it?

OK, Jimsbride, did you try the Pilates? If you don’t feel like doing it, you can do something else, you know…

Have a nice weekend!
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 12:27

Default Still chasing wagon!!!

Still not doing well. But determined to not give up on this thread! Hey, that's what we are here for...to support each other.

I just can't seem to get into the excercise. Had the 2 days of cheating and then did the meat fast...this is my 3rd day. I weighed this morning and am down. YEAH!!! I am sooo thankful it wasn't up!!!

The holidays are throwing me now. There is sooo much work to do around here that I just can't seem to get into designated work-outs. I know that working around house is working out but it doesn't feel the same. The next three days are going to be cleaning and house repairing packed. But, I still plan on at least trying the pilates.

Cali...I can't say much about you not excercising or eating cause, as you can see, I am doing the same thing. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all go through these stages. Sometimes my weight actually drops faster after it, they call that a refeed.

Hope to see yous on here today!!!!

Jimsbride
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 12:58

Hi Ladies....
I'm baaaaack! Cali, when I first started yoga about 5 years ago I started in a disabled/elder class due to the FMS and that I was 10 months into more than a year long recovery from a major major surgery.
Anyway, that class was very slow paced with a lot of hands on and modified poses for what ever a person needed.
After 2 years my instructor kicked me out!!! I had made so much progress that I am now in a the regular class. The instructors still modify poses but it is more challenging and quicker paced. I can do it just fine and it has reduced my pain and I am actually more flexible than I was 20 years ago.
However, I am not ready for the intermediate or the advanced classes yet.
Both of you!!! Working around the house IS exericse!!!
Anyway, I have been eating too so am back in induction and plan on being there thru-out the holidays except for 4 meals which I will eat what I want.

Exercise-
Saturday=helped unload a truck of TG baskets and walked up an incline with them.
Sunday=no exercise
Mon=hope to do abs, arms and treadmill will post results.
Hugs to both of you.
Nancy
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 19:16

Talking

exercise for 11/22/04

2 ten min strolls on the treadmill
arms=3 weight training exercises for triceps and 2 for biceps. 1 set of 8 reps with a 3 lb weight.
Abds=3 pilates ex
steps today=5,520=2.090 mi=321.1 cals
I know I am over my step goal but I don't know what my step goal is...will have to look it up.
Hope you both are having a good noc

Goals for tomorrow are 90 min yoga class and 11 min x2 strolls on treadmill
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 15:41

I didn’t learn anything new at the conference. It was a sales pitch for a private clinic with a program for people suffering from FMS. Well, I learned something… it cost 1000$ for 8 weeks! We can have the same thing from the public system for free, but there is a waiting list. I have been suffering for 16 years; waiting for one more year won’t make a big difference…

Sunday: 30 min walk
Monday: Pilates and 30 min walk
Today: Belly dancing

One of my hips is starting to bother me; it must be the belly dancing. Every time I start a new exercise, I start hurting someplace new. I ordered some other videotapes to vary the exercises. From the “Crunch” series, I ordered “Cardio Salsa” and “fat burning dance party”. I also ordered Hula workout for beginners and Hula workout for weight loss. I can’t wait to try all those!