Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 09:11

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%
Talking 10/30/04

Yesterday's step goal was 3,600

Steps taken 4,967=1.881 mi=284.3 cal

Today's goal is to take 3,625 steps and do my lower body exercises. It is rainy and cold here today so I should be able to do the steps but perhaps not all the lower bod exercises.

How about you Cali...what are your plans for today? Are you exercising? I am so sorry to hear about that painful lump on your foot...that does not help with the exercise. I hope the doc can find out what it is and take care of it for you.

I really like this exercise buddy plan we have going. So, often with FMS we have to say I can't do this or that but we are being proactive by saying I can do this...even if it is just a few more steps. I think a positive attitude plus someone to check in with is so helpful. Plus I am going to check on some belly dancing tapes

Now I am going to check-in with jim's bride as she is having a bad day. That is the way it is with FMS...somedays exercise is impossible and when it is possible one has to be sure that they don't overdo.

Hugs to you Cali,
Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 09:25

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Ok, I was right! So, far a drastically improved day! And to boot, last night showed signs of TOM starting. Good grief! But there is a definate pattern here. 2-3 days before TOM I get deathly sick. My entire body goes bazirk! It is very scary, then next thing you know, Here comes TOM. That is what makes me wonder if more of my problem in not hormonal than anything. But, I have had every test done that docs can think and everything appears normal. However, these attacks are everything but normal. Well, enough of that. Getting to excercise today. I am so thankful that it was a one day thing. So far anyhow.

My plans to excercise are the 1 mile walk. I have yet to pull out my toning tape. Today is a good day for that because dh decided to finally let the woodpile alone and get some sleep so he will be in bed most of this day!

I promised to have the walk in by 12:30PM. That does not give me much time to change my mind or feel worse (which usually I do as the day progresses). So, I am going to skittadoodle.

Very proud of you Nancy!!! Keep up the good work!!! I am really proud of you. And cali, great job doing the pilates. A friend of mine is sending me the tape and I can't wait to do them. I am sure you will be on here sometime today. You are very faithful!!!

Ok, girls! This is working well for us.

God bless yous
Jimsbride
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 10:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

My Pilates are done for today.

Jimsbride, I also get a lot worst during PMS. TOM is not bad but PMS are a killer for me. I am so glad that you are feeling better today.

I feel so lucky to have found the both of you. It makes it all a lot easier, being able to share with someone who understands. Exercising every day is so easy with you two checking on me!

Did your doctors put you on some kind of pills? Mine had me try amitriptyline and gabapentin. No miracles there for me.

Have a good day!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 13:21

Cali,

I can't tell you how many pills I have tried, and tried for along time. Everything from anti-depressants to seizure control meds. NOTHING helped!!! In fact, after 3 years of being a laying zombie, I quit taking all of them and much to my surprise, I was able to hit a very low level of functioning that I could not retrieve before. And how I did this, was I told the Lord that if I have to sit in pain and read the Bible then so be it. No more pills before Bible reading time cause they knocked me out in the middle of a scripture, and I was taking a handful of them 3 times a day!!!

So, a long story short. I quit them all and started treating the symptoms when they occured. For instance, pain with pain, or nerve med when panic or anxiety attacks occured. From this point on I was on the winning path to seeing my life restored one step at a time.

Hope that answer your question. Yes, this thread is a life saver to me too!!! I appreciate both of you!!!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 07:26

Thumbs up 10/31/04

Hi Michelle and Cali and happy Sunday to both of you

I completed yeterday's goals which were waling 3,625 steps. Actual steps taken=5,187=1.964 mi=296.9 cal

I did 10 pilate type lower body movements and 2 non-pilate type...may have to replace some of the movements as they are bothering my knees some.

As today is Sunday I do not exercise but always wear my pedometer anyway...

I don't know about you ladies but this is a high pain day for me..7-8 and kept waking all noc. Finally just had to get up. And it is surprisingly not exercise pain as I can tell the difference between that and FMS pain.

Oh well, these days are part of my life. I hope you ladies have a wonderful and pain free day!

I am so proud of both of you!!! And of me too I think we are really accomplishing something.

Michelle, I had to laugh at the first line of your initial post for this thread..."I may be asking for a miracle"... I think you got it!

Hugs to both of you,

Nancy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 08:31

I don't think that I will make time for exercising today and tomorrow but I promise to be back on Tuesday!

Nancy, congratulations on atteining your goal with your pedometer!

May Halloween brings out the best in the both of you! (it always does the trick for me )
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 18:04

Default Asking for leave of absence

Wow! I thought I would be on here and the only one asking for a leave of absence! To my surprise, you both are! Yeah!! I don't excercise on Sunday either. Today is a better day for me. TOM is in full strength so not sure what this week will hold. I will do my best to excercise and tone, starting tomorrow that is!!! I promise to try!!! My last TOM was horribly bad, I am in need of DNC unless these pills help. So, I hope this one is bad, it might keep me out of surgery. The excercise however, might suffer. We'll see! Sorry for TMI.

Lots of hugs,
Michelle
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:44

I actually got some belly dancing done this morning!

I wore high heels shoes last night and they seem to put less pressure under the wrong part of my feet because I felt better this morning.

Have a great day!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 15:41

Default Still PMS and TOM

Today I walked 1 mile and felt like I could go further. I decided not to as to take it easy on myself. I have alot of paperwork to do here at the house so I want to keep going as much as possible. Still have not started toning. I think I am a bit shy due to TOM and PMS. Geesh, sounds like two bad memories!!!

CalicoCat, I can't believe you are belly dancing. I would love to try it, but somehow think I would die from laughter at myself!

Nancy, where are you????

Lots of Hugs,
Michelle
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 08:29

Talking Here I am!

Hi Ladies!
Did not get to post yesterday as I spent 5 hours on the disabled/elder van to get to my doc's appoinment and 1.5 hours in her office and it knocked the stuffin's out of me.

Ah, Michelle if you want to belly dance do it...even if it does make you laugh! Laughing is good for you and who knows ya might get real good at it and give DH a...hmmm... private show

Great that you walked a mile.

Cali, good for you for belly dancing. I haven't got the video yet but it is definately on my wish list for Christmas.

OK ladies, here is where I am at:

Sunday-I do not exercise but I do wear my pedometer. Steps taken=4,370=1.655 mi.=250.1 cal.

Monday- All I could manage was the step counting. Goal was 3,675. Steps taken=5,441=2.060 mi.=331.4 cal

Today I am in a flare-up but think I can do the steps as they don't all have to be done at once. My goal is 3,700. Also will do a yoga home practice. I think that is all I can manage today...but it's better than nuttin'!
I am so proud of all of us!!!
Hugs,
Nancy
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 10:13

Smile Election Day!!!

Glad to see you Nancy!!! Your flare-up does not surprise me given the stress of yesterday with you. I hope today is spent as a recuperating day. Your body probably needs that more than anything.

Cali, have you jumped back on the lc wagon yet??? Keep excercising no matter what. They say that excercising causes your body and mind to want to be on track.

Today it is beautiful here and I am going to do another 1 mile walk. I am working on forming a habit of walking, not concentrating on how far. I would love to get the toning going, but making no promises. I will have walk in by 2:00 PM, promise!!!

Check in later!!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 16:00

Hello to the both of you!

Yes, I started eating right again this morning.

Nancy, those doctor’s visits really are for healthy people! Have a nice rest today. You are doing really well with that pedometer; go easy on yourself until you feel better.

Jimsbride you are doing well too with the walking, you two are such a great inspiration!

I did the belly dance thing again this morning. It is such a nice change from the Pilates! Whenever I don’t feel like working out I just tell myself: What about the belly dancing videotape? And there I am, moving my body to the music!

Quote:
CalicoCat, I can't believe you are belly dancing

I wouldn’t call it belly dancing just yet. I am trying to mimic the moves but stay focus on moving. I am so happy that I don’t have a mirror to see myself do those moves, I am sure that I would just stop right there saying that I don’t have it at all!

Have a nice day!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 09:32

Unhappy Failed yesterdays promise (heavy sigh)

Cali, you are hillarious!

Well, I didn't end up walking yesterday. I was sitting at desk for quite a while and the muscles in my back began to pound with pain. I would give it a level of

Level 8: This is serious pain. You don't want to do anything or be bothered by anyone. You have taken so much pain medication you are unable to fully concentrate on anything, Work is out of the question.

It took MUCH pills to overcome and then it was late evening and I was drained. Oh well, I am not going to beat self up over it. This is a WOL and this will happen, after all it is apart of my life right now. I am getting ready to take a pain pill now..and as soon as it kicks in I will be walking. Yes, that is the level I am at right now.

Report more soon!!!!

Keep it up....this is working for me!!! Sounds like it is for yous too!!!

God Bless!
Jimsbride
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 12:13

Pilates are done for today. I felt sore from the belly dancing yesterday so I took a hot bath and it helped a lot.

Take good care of yourself Jimsbride. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

What about you Nancy?
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:05

Hi Michelle and Cali,
I did not get to rest yesterday like I should have. Unexpected errands came up so I spent alot of time driving which is the worse for me!
I did not do the yoga but I pushed myself with my steps.
My goal was 3,750 steps. I did 4,421 steps=1.674 mi=253.8 cal.
Today, altho my spirits are good I am running a very high pain level...like you Michelle running like between an 8-9...you know when you feel nauseaous and have muscle spasms everywhere even in my belly, soles of feet and palms of hands?
This means I have to take extra med as prescibed by the doc...geeesh it was hard to eat even to cover my diabetes...all I ate was 2 slices of land of lakes cheese 4 hours ago and feel like I might lose that.
You were right Cali, those kinds of trips to the doc are for well people and not FMSers...so the only exercise for me today will be trips to the bathroom as needed...I am off to bed with my heating pad and take some pills that will knock me silly...but right now that is the only choice.
Tomorrow will be better I am sure.
Hugs to both of you and hope both of you are doing well.
Nancy