Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/238/170 Male 69.5
BF:
Progress: 24%

Weighed and im 205. Haven't set a goal but on average 1.5 pounds a week is what id like. I wouldn't complain if I lost more though.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 11:59

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi lads and ladies, im only down 1lb, Im so disapointed with my-self but im here to fight another day, I do hope you all done better then me, I dont know why im finding it diffacult, I never did before, if anything I should be used to it, maybe its something to do with frame of mind I will just have to sit down and have a good think, because I would lose all hope if I were to lose only 1lb a week. I have so much weight to lose and at 1lb a week I would be drawing my bloody pension before I reach my goal.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 13:02

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi Glenellen -

A Christmas Challenge sounds great! Did you guys aleady start it? If not, I would love to join in - be great to give me something to shoot for. I just started low carb again today (was on a very long cheat..like 8 months..lol).

Keep your chin up Glenellen - some weeks will be better than others. The first time I did lowcarb (did it for 2 years) some weeks I would drop 4 lbs then the next the scale would barely budge.. so just take it one day at a time. And I hear you loud and clear on being disappointed with yourself.. I was soooo close to my goal and because of my cheat, I gained it all back (and then some)...

But be happy that you lost weight - thats great A pound lost is better than tighter pants (And I know ALL about that...lol)
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 02:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,
Krazzybird to answer your question we had our first weigh in on thurs 21 Oct, but I don't see any problem with you joining one week in.

Glenellen, a pound is a pound. I stayed the same this week, but I shouldn't have expected anything. Was out Thursday, Played Cards Friday, Out Saturday for meal and then out most of the day Sunday, so thinking about it I was dam luck to stay the same. Quiet one this weekend(hopefully).

Good Luck Everyone

Dave
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:10

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%

Dave -

Thanks for letting me join the challenge a week in! Do we just post here what our goal is and what our weekly progress is?

If so, I would like to be at 175 by Christmas, so that is 14 lbs (as of today) I would like to lose.

See you all next week!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 12:00

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better today and welcome krazzybird, your both right a pound is better off then on, its holloween weekend and im going to be very vunerable, with all my family boozing, and not on the atkins.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 13:28

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

I would love to lose anything by christmas!!!,so I think I will settle for whatever my body wants to let go of itself .As a reward to myself I am going to the U.S.A in Feb. to drive around in a moterhome or R.V. as they call them in the U.S.A. for a whole month .That I think is reward enough don't you think.P.S. sorry If I sound so smug but honestly I am just sooo excited about the trip.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 03:56

Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hey everybody,

how's the loosing going ;-)

I forgot to weigh in on thursday, and then i was sick, so today my weight is 75.6, so I only lost about 2 pounds, but still really happy with that, I havent weight 75 for ages, but its a weight that I can remember weighing. If I wanna keep with my little goals, I should be 74.8 by thursday, lets see if i can do that... I'll just have to try to be really really good ;-)

Hi Krazzybird, welcome to the challenge!!

Hey Carmel, your trip around the us in a rv sounds great, I'm still thinking about what my reward will be at the end, at the moment I'm thinking about a tatoo or maybe a piercing, but not really sure. I wanted another tatoo for ages, possibly on my back, but I thought that if i get it and then loose some weight, that it might get a bit distorted ;-)

I got over my flu alright, I think it might have only been a cold though ;-)

Gagalina
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 08:43

BF:

Hey everybody!!

I went down one hole on my belt today ;-) and its quite comfortable.
Not sure how that is working since i put on a bit in weight???

So that means its two holes since I started which would roughly be about 2 inches or so of loss around the waist?? I really should have measured before I started, and I keep meaning to do it, but havent done so yet. Does anybody here measure??

Gagalina
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 14:51

Stats: 193/176/147 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Yeah, we've been measuring since we started. My waist has gone down 2.5 inches but 4 holes on my belt(which are an inch apart, cant figure that one).

Had to get extra holes put in my belt which was a first.

Its great to see the sizes coming down even if the weight is not
coming down.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 16:46

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

I measured myself yesterday and I have now lost 7" from my waist and 2.5" off my right thigh in the past 12 months.It realy does pay to measure your body from time to time as you can have inch loss even if it seems to take a while for the scales to catch up!!.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 07:28

BF:

Hey everybody,

I suppose its weigh in time. I'm at 76 kg (put on 700g since saturday, havent got a clue how that works since I havent been cheating at all), which means i lost a mere 300 g in the last two weeks and i didn't meet my target of 74.8 kg by today. I thought targets were a good thing, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I missed my target from 2 weeks ago by 800 g, so I'm not even at the target from two weeks ago. I think i might just get rid of the targets with dates, and just let the dates happen as the do??

Just in case i change my sig, here are my targets that i was rooting for:

Start 07.10.04 => 77.1 kg (170)
Mini-Goal 21.10.04 => 75.5 kg (166.4) missed by 800g 76.3 (168.2)
Mini-Goal 04.11.04 => 74 kg (163.1) revised 74.8 (164.9) missed by 1.2 kg
Mini-Goal 18.11.04 => 72.5 kg (159.8) revised 73.3 (161.6)
Mini-Goal 02.12.04 => 71 kg (156.5) revised 71.8 (158.3)
Mini-Goal 16.12.04 => 70 kg (154.3) revised 70.8 (156.1)
Christmas Goal: => 70 kg (154.3)

Since I had to tighten the belt, i think I'll do some measuring tomorrow morning and then start doing it regularily. What areas do you measure??

Waist (where the belly button is)?
Hips (widest part of the hips)?
What part of the thigh do you measure? also the widest part?

Where else would you measure??

Gagalina
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:55

Hi everyone, you are all doing so well, I am down a pound, I am lucky because I consumed a lot of carbs so a pound is really really good, I have a party to go to next week, so I am going to work really hard this week again!!(god loves a trier) maybe I need that extra bit of push, because im finding it really diffucult to get back into LC again and coming up to the party season well im panicing :cry. so everyone keep up the good work and I will be back next week with 4lbs down
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 16:54
Registered Member

BF:

Hi everybody
Changed my weigh day from monday to Thursday to keep with this challenge, so 10 day week if you know what i mean. Down 3lbs very happy but know i've a big struggle this week as have another busy weekend.
Good luck to everyone else

Bye
Dave
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 14:53

Stats: 193/176/147 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

I didn't loose anything this week, I'm very disheartened at the moment so I did what most people would like to do and got plastered and spent the last two days over-dosing on carbs!!! I'm disgusted with myself now as I've probably undone a months work overnight

I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow and will be going to the gym at lunchtime - I do 2 or 3 days a week (more like I TRY to). I've losts of stuff on at weekends between now and Christmas so my goal will be to maintain what I'm at and not go backwards like I usually do at this time of year. It's not what you'd call optimistic but I reckon once I get over the next few weeks I'll be able to give up the booze and start going down again