Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

luvley, can i ask you something? and please don't get offended. the way you write and your grammar makes me wonder if you don't speak english as your first language. if you speak spanish or something, i am sure there are plenty of people on here who do as well. maybe they can explain things to you better. if i'm wrong, don't hate me. it's just something i have been wondering since you started posting.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 14:56

Plan: low-carb/low-cal
Stats: 145/140/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Since everyone else has given all the sympathy and pity you can probably handle, I would just like to say one thing....What did you expect people to say to you when you post that you eat only one time a day? Are you looking for the sympathy? I hate to say it but it kinda sounds like it. You obviously know you have a problem (otherwise you wouldn't be posting what you post), and I also think you know what you need to do. So take the advice your father and/or boyfriend is giving to you and make healthy choices!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 15:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/220/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 15%

AFwife I completely agree. My best friend was about 102 lbs. from her late teens into her early twenties. Now she weighs 120 pounds and looks as great as she did back then. As she got older her body changed and it put on more weight to fit with her growth.
Luvley719, everyone is concerned because of your obvious lack of nutrition. I know you mentioned that you don't have any medical insurance. I suggest looking up "eating disorders" on the internet to help find some support for yourself (there are so many online support groups). Maybe there is a local support group in your area. I'm sure you feel that no of us understand where you are at...but maybe you can find people you relate to...people who are or have gone through the same feelings you are. You are not nuts sweetie. Just as my being overweight has affected my health...your lack of eating is affecting your health. There is help for you out there...with or without insurance. You just have to be ready and willing to find it.....I hope you do. God bless you.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 15:45

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default JennLynnRN

I am not asking for any negative comments and if i was i would have asked okay....Sympothy is not the word, and if can not respond with a positive outlook please keep ur negativity to yourself Jenn!....Others...please do not take this offensivly!...
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 15:47

Default blue4lemon

I Speak English and only English i do not no why u think otherwise im sorry if u think i speak another language...byee
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

i said i wasn't trying to offend you with that question. it's just that i have noticed that we have a few people on this site who don't speak english that well, and you can tell because they misspell the same words and don't use commas, periods, etc. it's not a big deal, i was just looking for other ways to help you understand.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:31

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Blue4lemon, I think it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask, obviously well-intentioned, and gently put. Luvley, I do hope you are not offended.

Luvley, I really hope you read DANDR and keep coming back to this forum--your chaotic eating habits are not too far off my from my own when I was your age. Of course I had a little ED myself. You are doing the right thing coming here and seeking guidance. Much earlier than I did--my bad habits persisted for years!

And don't think you are wasting our time...if we all knew exactly what to do to control our weight, we wouldn't be here. We all need to start somewhere.

That said, now start! I promise you that you will find the low-carb way of life to be far more healthful, easy, and effective than anything you have tried before.

Hope to hear from you more as you go on with this...

Lucy
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:36

Default HiFive

Hi HiFive,

I no she wasnt trying to offend me and im not offended in anyway...if it sounded like i was im sorry....im just so use to chattin on AOL that i never use a correct form of writing....im sorry....soOoo....i am going to start my diet tomm and i am hoping i succeed....its going to be hard but im going to give it all i have..talk to u later....
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:37

Default Why?

Why does my stomach expand so much every time i eat something?
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:39
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Is the answer to someone who has said they have an eating disorder encouraging them to lose weight?
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:45

Default potatofree

what?.....what do you mean?
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:46

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I just have to wonder what more can be said in this post. I would definantly look for a support group for eating disorders!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:48

everyone hates me here...sooo i will not be bothering anyone anymore!!! if you would like to still talk to me, email me at luvley7719~yahoo.com...only nice ones please!! thanks
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:52

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Hi potato,

I don't know if Luvley needs to lose weight--maybe she doesn't. What she does need is to learn a healthier pattern of eating, and a better attitude toward her body. I am encouraging her to change her eating habits, not to lose weight.

A person can certainly have an eating disorder and be overweight. But in that case, you are perfectly correct--the primary issue (the one which should be attended to first) is the ED, and not the weight. If the ED is attended to, the weight will come under control. And more importantly, the person will be so much happier. Being thin is just not as important as being happy.

Luvley, your stomach expands when there is food in it because

(1) um, there is food in it (and prob liquid too)--it takes up space, but it's just passing through, so don't freak out. If you drink carbonated liquid, the bloat will be more extreme.

(2) You have an eating disorder, and so feeling food in your stomach seems "bad" to you. This is one of the things which needs to change. You need to work on a healthy body image (whoa, I am one to talk--have spent most of my life feeling fat even when I wasn't--but I am making progress!).

I should have said in my last post that I totally agree with all the others here who have recommended counseling. You are young enough to re-make your bad patterns, Luvley. As you get older, it gets harder and harder. Take my word for it. Get some help and learn to love yourself.

And now I am all preachy. Sorry

Lucy
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 16:56

Default Lucy

Would u email me please, i would love to talk to u but not on here..

Luvley7719~yahoo.com
Please email mee...