Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default is luvley719 here?? please read

I have noticed a few posts about your doing a "no carb" diet, and having an eating disorder. I'd like you to elaborate on this, and why you are doing it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:04

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default hi blue4lemon

I am doing this because i would love to fit back itno my clothes..i was on the no carb diet i was doing great got myself down to 107lbs...then went on vacation and cheated so badly, now i go to restart my diet and i feel no change so i get discourgaged and i cheat again..i would love u start over but i need help? PLEASE HELP ME
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:06
Registered Member

what do you eat on a daily basis? list what you eat for each meal.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:08

i eat once a day...i eat a meat...cheese...and zero carb jello, with either water or crystal lite
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

Eating once a day is seriously messing with your metabolism and insulin. Kinda extreme since you only want to lose 8 lbs...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:14
Registered Member

is anyone else reading this thread?? am i seeing things?

are you SERIOUS!!??? you need to see a doctor. you are starving yourself. you don't need to lose, you need to gain. i don't care if you say your clothes don't fit. you could stand to start buying clothes 3 or 4 sizes larger.

a healthy, true low carb diet includes at LEAST 3 meals a day, that contain vegetables, meats, healthy fats, cheeses, protiens. it also includes snacks between meals. most people's calorie needs are between 1200 and 2000 a day, and their carbs on a low carb diet are between 20g and 60g a day.

how old are you, anyway?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:14

Stats: 216/183/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 43%

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Please don't take offense to this... BUT...

ARE YOU KIDDING?????

All you are doing is hurting yourself by eating that way. The human body needs a certain amount of calories and fats and nutrients to survive. If you continue this eating pattern you are just going to become metabolically resistant. Your body is probably in starvation mode. Anything you eat it's going to keep, because it doesn't know when it will get food again.

In my oppinion, you need to seek professional help.COLOR]
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:15
Registered Member

thank you amanda mae!!! i started this thread because this girl was posting about eating no carbs on other threads and no one paid any attention to her. i got concnered and i had to get her attention!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:16

Default hi

i am willing to eat mroe than once a day i just need some advice....i started over and in 10 days i havent seen any results i was wondering why?....i am 19 years old...and i do not want to go and buy new clothes that would mean my whole closet....i once fit itno them and i want to again...if someone could help me get on track and do this the rite way i would really appreciate it...dont think im nuts please?...u will sound just like my dad and boyfreind =(
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:16

Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_mae
[COLOR=DarkOrchid

In my oppinion, you need to seek professional help.COLOR]

I'll second that...
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:21
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvley719
i am willing to eat mroe than once a day i just need some advice....i started over and in 10 days i havent seen any results i was wondering why?....i am 19 years old...and i do not want to go and buy new clothes that would mean my whole closet....i once fit itno them and i want to again...if someone could help me get on track and do this the rite way i would really appreciate it...dont think im nuts please?...u will sound just like my dad and boyfreind =(

Honey,

You're body is changing and as you become more womanly, meaning entering your twenties, you can't expect to stay at the size you are at forever, especially if you ever plan on having babies.

You need to see a doctor and come up with a weight that is healthy for you. IMO (in my opinion) you may just need to exercise instead of dieting much. So many of us, because we exercise, look like we are 2 maybe 3 sizes smaller than we really are.

Take care of yourself sweetie, don't let yourself get sick by eating once a day. Pick up the Atkins book and read it or what ever plan you want to be on. Educate yourself so you have a healthy life. You can get so sick with the way you are doing it now.

We are here for you, don't be afraid to ask for help as I see you have already done.

Hugs to ya!

Lily

P.S. You may not see results fast cause you don't have much to lose.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:21
Registered Member

i do think a low sugar diet is advisable if you want to eat healthy. if you want to low carb and no one can convince you otherwise, get some books and READ UP. my profile has a list of books that are great.

my advice if you want to see what you should be eating:
eat at least 1200 cals a day. eat at least 20g carbs per day.

example:

breakfast:
2 deviled eggs
2 stalks of celery dipped in blue cheese dressing

lunch:
chicken ceasar salad

dinner:
bunless cheeseburger or steak or chicken breast
side salad with ranch dressing or green beans

snacks:
handful of almonds
an atkins bar
an atkins shake
sugar free jello with real whipped cream

these are just examples. and i think your dad is crazy for not putting you into a doctor's care. if you were under 18 that would qualify as CHILD ABUSE.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:26

Default WoW

well i guess everyone here is mad at me....im sorry that i seem ridicoulous to you...but i do not have insurance rite now...i have a new job and my insurance kicks in novemember 1st i will be going to get help...my dad is very concerened but without insurance we cant do much,.....all i was wondering is why when i start the atkins diet i see no resluts but last time i saw 10lbs in resluts?..i dont feel like im loosin any when i was on it last?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:32
Registered Member

honey, no one is mad at you, if anything we are EXTREMELY concerned. i don't have insurance, either, so i sympathize with you there. but you aren't on Atkins if you aren't eating carbs. sorry, but that's not Atkins.

and i am not trying to encourage you to lose weight, but in answer to your question: you have hurt your metabolism, and that's why you are having trouble losing. the first time you lose a lot of weight is the easiest. the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time are going to be harder. your body is resisting your efforts, and to be honest, your body is in STARVATION MODE. you aren't feeding it enough, so your body holds onto every ounce of food you put in it. it ain't letting go. and i am not trying to be gross, but i bet you don't even have bowel movements.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 10:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/244/150 Female 5'4
BF:

No one is mad at you, just concerned. You are not losing because you are not eating enough.