Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 04:03

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hey!! Guess my first post did post. OH Well!! I guess two is better than one. Right!!
Shirley
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 04:06

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

Hi everyone...back on CAD to lose the remaining pounds. So far so good...my hunger has diminished and so have my carb cravings. Although weigh-in is actually tomorrow...I did get on the scale yesterday...down 2 lbs (yeah!). Just wanted to say Hi!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 05:46
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Goodmorning!

Welcome to everyone who is starting, restarting or just keeping on with CAD/CALP. For me, it is a WOL.
Saw my MD yesterday, and my cholesterol is 169! That is down from 239 when I started. The Cholesterol thread on this forum was a big help to me to stay on plan, and to trust in the program. I am doing this for my health- and it works!
Had mangos for my RM last night, with roast chicken, brown rice, cauliflower and salad. Tonight I am going out, and know I will start out with a large salad. I will decide on my meal when I get to the restaurant. We are eating with friends who know my strange eating. Doesn't seem so strange to me anymore!
Have a great week. Send your thoughts to our friends and family in Florida.
Eno
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 09:12

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%
Hello everyone Shirley, Vel, Lisa, Sue, Diane, Nadz, Sybs, Signey, Eno, Karen and Yvonne

I am not new to CAD. I was lurking in some of the other weekly support threads and then they stopped coming. I am glad to see another one started. I'd love to liven up the CAD forum a bit. Its such a great plan.

I was a little depressed that this past week's weight averaged stayed the same, but its not so bad because the scale looks like it will be lower this week But I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch I know I shouldn't let the number on the scale bother me, but that's easier said than done.

Have a great CAD day everyone!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 11:03

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Morning everyone.
After an awfully binge weekend I am back on the CAD once again. During the week I am doing soo good and on the Weekends is when I usually mess up. Not this time Partner!
I also started the BFL challenge so I hope I can keep my eating on track with the exercise. Today I have my 20 min HIIT session before me, so let me get my boys off to the school bus and get started. I am trying to get it in before I get too hungry. They say it is better on an empty stomach.
It is 7am here right now, the bus should be here in 30 min and around 8am I will start my workout.
I guess the weekend is my downfall because of Hubby. He likes to eat whatever on the weekend. During the week he is doing Atkins and on the weekends he is going on a huge binge.
Well I hope I amable to check in every day this week and not forget.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I wasn't here to start the weekly threads the last couple weeks. I guess life events took over and I neglected the computer and forums for a while.

I am on plan and have started wellbutrin to help with another attempt at quitting smoking, quit date Thurs. the 30th.

Have a Happy day,
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 14:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:

Hi there!

I'm so pleased to finally meet so many fellow CADers and CALPers. I guess with the summer it's been more quiet on here than usual?

Anyway, I seem to be doing rather better this week -much better balanced RMs thank goodness!

Hope everyone's still doing well so far this week.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 14:45

BF:

I changed my quit date to Sunday (this is official).
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 17:28

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hey everyone.
Today wasn't complete success, but I am doing better. I still have modified CAD because I used to eat 3 CMs and a RM when I was weight training. But that's kinda down the drain, till I restart exercising consistently again. I'm currently doing regular CAD.
I'm gonna go plan for the rest of the week. I really haven't done that.
Take care everyone.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 20:19

BF:

You can do it Nadz, once in a while I get lazy with the working out too, just gotta kick yourself in the butt
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 04:23
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 250/241/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Hello Everyone

I just wanted to stop in and say hi too. I have adjusted well to CAD at my new job, figured out how to find all of the water that I need and I have been bringing my meals with me. I am feeling much better, definitely on track. Thanks for all of the support and posts. Lets keep the momentum going!

Kelly
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:04

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi again,

Amy...good luck with quitting smoking! What a terrrific gift to give your body.

I'm doing pretty good here. We got a new scale this week but I was relieved to see I weigh the same on it as the old one.

I have been doing fine with CAD, fairly good reward meal balance. There is still more room for improvement though. I haven't had my oatmeal yet that I was planning. Now I am getting a hankering to make some apple crisp, so I will probably do that. I always want that in the fall.

My workplace is on the edge of going on strike, probably mid next week..so that will bring with it a whole new bunch of stressors to deal with.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Tracy
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 06:21

Plan: Modified CAD
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 6%

Good Morning everyone!

Great to see everyone doing well!!

I did good with my meals yesterday, but lacked on the water, which I usually drink with no problem.

Good luck to everyone CADing and have a great day!

Lisa
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:15

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Everyone,
Look's like everyone is doing well. Hang in there. I didn't do to well yesterday, caved in, and ate something between meals I should not have had, well today is a new day.
I know I need to eat more towards the atkins side, because of the blood sugar and add something once in a while I like, that is high carb, but not everyday.
Lisa, I have a daughter named Lisa. Alway's loved that name.
Tracy, hope you don't get to stressed at work. Those strike's can do it. What kind of work do you do?
Have a great day everyone,
Shirley
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:42

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning Everyone.

Looks like the list is getting active again. Welcome to everyone who is new to this WOL. CAD is such a great program.

I have been doing pretty good. I could do better balancing my RM, but all in all am doing OK. I started back on my treadmill again, so I am pleased about that. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the exercise will help to get the scale moving again.

Vel- I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to face the strike issues. Geeze, I agree, that would be a big time stress factor.

Shirley, Hang in there. Today is another day. Sometimes it takes a little while to adjust to this WOE. Once you get a few days under your belt you should be alright. Keep us posted.

Kelly, good luck with your new job. Sounds like you have everything under control for CAD.

Amy, Good luck on quitting smoking. That is a hard one to break, but you can do this.

Glad everyone else is doing great and getting back on track.

I need to run and get to work or I will be late. Have a great day.