Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 12:20

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Sorry chaps,

10.30 am not good for me Dancing time for Nicola but don't worry, I'll try to fit in when I can.

Bez

Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 13:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up 10am Sat 6oct Forum Calendar

Bez what time would be ok for you?

For next Saturday 6th October I have put an entry in the Forum Calendar for 10am. We'll see after that.

Take care.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 14:49

BF:
Default Time conversion

To help people convert UK's GMT to their own local time Sharon has kindly found the following links:

World Time Clock online. Hopefully this will help some people.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/[/url]

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...ing.html?p1=256

Take care.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-01, 15:02

BF:
Progress:

Hi Fiona and everyone,

I don't know about everyone else but the absolute best time for me to join in on a chat would be on a Sunday night, anytime between 8 - 10 pm.

Anything else that you do with regard to 'Chat's' is fine by me Fiona, I'll just join in if and when I can.

I will say that I prefer the way we post on the forum than going into the chat room and I would like you to know that I really don't mind at all. I did find the chat room a bit too quick and I was finding it difficult to keep pace with everyone so I will say it isn't my favourite thing!

I hope you're not too disappointed with that but I'm sure you'll understand.

Thanks for thinking of me though, speak soon everyone,

Bez

#50   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 03:12

BF:
Question Ken? Jon?

10.18am I am in chat. I thought you two came in a few minutes ago? Can you not see me?
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 13:18

BF:
Smile Sun 7Oct 8pm & Sat 13Oct 10am GMT

After a few initial problems today's chat went very well. Jon and Ken and me managed to connect with each other and had a good long chat.

Another one for tomorrow Sun 7 oct at 8pm if anyone can make it.

A further follow-up next Saturday 13oct at 10am GMT.

Bez, I do understand. No pressure on anyone. I spend a lot of time chatting to people on another forum (a radio station) and just thought it would be more focussed and more with people of a similar interest as me if I could chat to people on this forum. The other chat room allows me the option of continuing to work elsewhere until someone enters Chat when a window pops up and the conversations flow in a million and one directions ... which can be good ... most times.

Take care.

Last edited by fiona : Thu, Oct-11-01 at 13:40.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'll try and be there tomorrow. Good to talk this morning. Thanks for the tip re: linseeds. I bought some at H+B and they suggested just eating them - they're great. Can manage to eat 3 tbsps a day and will be good fibre too.

Speak to you all tomorrow

Jon
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 15:55

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Exclamation Fiona

I've just noticed your post total is 666.
Is this you ----> <-----

Keep smiling.
Ken
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 20:00

BF:
Progress:

Spooky fiona, get rid of that one quick!

Just remembered and it is a one and only, but my Dad's B'day tomorrow (70th so it's a special one) and will be out, one and only Sunday all year and have just told you that Sunday was best for me but no can do this time.

Really sorry all, will catch you again soon,

Bez

#55   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 04:09

BF:
Cool 666 !! Transformation

LOL Ken!

With the Protection of the Archangels, Love, Light and Healing comes

transformation into

with the minimum of effort

just as Low-carbing turns an obese, grossly overweight person to a slim, fit and healthy person.

Take care.

PS: Bez's Dad: Happy Birthday - and Long May you Live Life Fully

#56   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-01, 09:17

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by Bez
Just remembered and it is a one and only, but my Dad's B'day tomorrow (70th so it's a special one) and will be out, one and only Sunday all year and have just told you that Sunday was best for me but no can do this time.

Bez, sorry that you can't make the chat today, are you destined never to grace us with your presence?? .

I hope that you have/had a great time with your dad (Happy Birthday Bez's dad). It is always nice to be able to spend time with family.

Keep Smiling
Ken
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-01, 05:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default sunday chat

I popped in at 8 o'clock but could only be on-line a few minutes. Probably all glued to TV screen.

We've just decided that we'll be in NW London (St.John's Wood) on the 17th and 18th November. We're going out Sat evening but could there be a possible get together? ?Sunday brunch sound good?

Speak to you all soon

Jon
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 00:43

BF:
Smile CHAT

{Jon: Probably all glued to TV screen. }
No Jon ... I was a few minutes late ... "almost" deliberately a I don't really enjoy waiting on my own for people to turn up. It was a rather frustrating evening 'cos we tried out the new CHAT room and I could see people in there chatting but was unable to join in.

As for meeting up on 17th November shall we discuss that on the UK Get-Together thread? Keep the actual physical meetings separate from on-line meetings?

Take care.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 13:41

BF:
Progress:

It's only me,

Thanks for the best wishes for my dad, he had a wonderful time. I've just been up to see them now (His actual B'day today) and he's as happy as Larry?!...he's got his family around him and he doesn't look his age either.

He was well chuffed the other week when the bloke in the fish n' chip shop wouldn't let him have his chips at the OAP price - he said that my Dad didn't look old enough!!

They were all talking tonight about there being too much fat in the take away food we buy and how bad it is for us all. Dad's a diebetic - I said you should read my book Dad it goes against everything you've been eating.

When I came back off my holiday after eating 60 carbs, I got my Dad to do his finger test on me with his diabetic kit. A few monthe earlier on high carb diet, my score was 8 (I'd eaten a bowl of home made potatoe and leak soup half an hour before doing it) but after being on low carbs for a week it was down to 5.1 which is a much more satisfactory level.

I have not had any other tests though due to starting the way that I did but I do know that my sugar level was the highest in my family that day - Dad had tested all of us that were there and I'd expected mine to be low because I do't eat many sweets and I also remember how disappointed I was when it came out higher than everyone elses.

Hope that's of interest to someone any way.

speak soon and thanks again.

Bez

#60   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-01, 15:48

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

These are interesting notes, Bez...

By the way, I learned 2 days ago that next year I qualify for the "Senior" discount card on National Express buses (I'll be 50!). That was a bit of a shock.