Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile

Hey ppl,

XOTbabe, you worry too much about the calories. I thought on this WOE we should only count carbs not calories (so the book says). I have not really been looking at my carbs very much but i looked on my diary on fitday.com and I have been eating between 950-1500 calories everyday (I think the difference is the mayo that I seem to be using a lot)..is that bad btw??

I did the meat/eggs faithfully thur,fri and sat but yesterday I ate fine the whole day ~5carbs but the someone got me pissed off and this is where I usually bake a yummy chocolate cake and eat half of it by myself ..when I first started I bought the "bread mix" I didn't know you can't have it during Induction!!!so I went into the kitchen and started mixing...three hours later I was sitting with my third slice and cursing myself for it. I've probably messed up everything and i spent all this time trying to recover...and i promised myself that I will find something else to do when I'm stressed.

Soooooooo tomorrow I'm back on meat/eggs...promise!

Jenna...have fun at your mom's okay! eat the salad! but avoid all the other goodies at all cost
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 317/252/175 Male 70in
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotcbabe
Stevie,
Were you eating less calories?

I'm not sure because I didn't monitor my calories, but I don't think so. I had grilled the family a whole bunch of steaks on Friday night (Sirloins were "Buy 1 get 2 Free" at my local Winn-Dixie grocery!) and put the leftovers in the fridge for the rest of the weekends meals. Normally my salads fill me up, so I usually don't eat as much meat as I did this weekend. And steak calories can add up. I'd say calories probably were a non-issue. Lower carbs and the elimination of extras that may have been slowing me (Low carb sauces, aspartame, caffeine, cheese, etc.) probably played a bigger role. That's why I'm going to be very careful about what I add back in.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

i know i do worry too much thats why my weight is not budging down.
i can't do meat and eggs, ill just start over with induction..
goodluck malindi
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:16
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up my experience

Malindi, perhaps you are right, but xotcbabe as me, has no many pounds to lose. What I did was to reduce my calories. I kept my carbs low though, but a bit less than induction levels (normally 15 carbs). I did the fat fast and followed strictly (except for the unsweetened coffee and decaff coffee with splenda) I have an average of three splenda packs which I count as one carb at Fitday.

Even I went for a long weekend to the beach and had a cheat day and I ate at induction levels (but I did not overeat) and I did not gain back, in fact I did restart the fat fast the day after and after days I had reach 110.5!!!

I went to the gym, I did not run but I went to the spinning class, during my second fat fast I did not feel dizzy or anything.

To sum up, what it worked for me: fat fast very strict, under 1000 calories, 80% or more of fat, induction levels or even less (but not less than 12g) of carbs. ANd of course, a lot of motivation, nothing is more tasty than feeling skinny and beautiful!!!

hope this helps but also I am waiting for your comments!!saludos

Agua
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:29
Registered Member

BF:

stevie.. thanks for the insights

aqua, that weight of yours is more than my goal weight. I will try to eat less calories if it will work for me.I've been eating like crazy lately.

thanks.. and ur probaly skinny now
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 17:20

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hey you guys! How is everybody doing? Has anyone lost anything? I did the fast for almost 4 days, then had 2 days of strict induction, and my weight still hasn't budged!!!!??? Tomorrow I am going back to just eggs and meat (yuck!!!) What's up with that? I think I keep my calories pretty low, I know I've been in ketosis, and I exercise and walk a ton. Any suggestions?
Jenna
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 09:36
Registered Member

BF:

jenn...
for me i didn't do any meat and eggs so i wouldn't know if i had lost some weight or not.. Didn't you do the meat and eggs, what happened?
Well goodluck..
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%

hey ppl,

I'm still doing the meat and eggs..I've lost maybe 1-1/2 lbs since I started. But i was away from home and starving today I have a handful of nuts???..also this morning I had to deal with a severe case of constipation any ideas will be appreciated. where can I get hold of Flaxseed??

Keep the cool y'all.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

i read this thread a few days ago and i decided i would try this since i am pretty much gaining weight (8 pounds in a few weeks). i wasnt "off" atkins but i WAS off induction and i guess that did it to me.

anyway i started this meat/egg fast yesterday and i ate 1200 total calories. 67% fat, 31% protein, 2 % carbs (5 total). well, i gained a pound. anybody else experience that. i am going to stay with it a few days i guess but it really bites that, at my weight, i would see an increase.
maybe i am eating too much fat?? what are the ratios supposed to be??????

eve
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-04, 10:58

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Eve, your not eating too much fat. The ratios on Atkins are:

Fat 70%
Protein 25%
Carbs 5%

I don't know the ratios for the egg/meat fast, but you are suppossed to use just enough fat to cook your eggs & meat, and you can use a little bit for flavoring (like mayo for burgers etc.).

Your 1/2 lb gain is probably just water.

You might want to check out the carb cycling in the General Low Carb forum. Its shaking up some weight loss for most of the participants.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

thanks meltingfast, i really didnt think i was eating too much fat b/c my calories werent all that high.
anyway i continued with the fast yesterday EXCEPT, that i added a LOT of fat and calories. i ended up at 1700 calories, 73% fat, 26% protein, and 1% carbs. and i lost that 1 pound plus 3 more. i also added l-carnitine and coq10 yesterday (i had stopped taking them a long time ago b/c i thought they were useless). sooo....
pre-fast 274
day 1-275
day 2-271
not bad, i am willing to stick to it for a while.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:

ive tried meat/eggs... doesn't work for me.. i can't have 5 carbs a day.. its too hard.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 21:43

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

eve25, Yea!!
So glad its working out. I wish you continued success & please keep us posted on your progress.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 23:11
Registered Member

Stats: 155/110.5/110 Female 64in
BF:15%
Progress: 99%

JennaBrams!!! I'm about your size too and i'm looking to get to my old weight of 105 lbs before I vacation-er-sized myself up to 112-114 (ggrrrr...) I really wanna egg/meat fast it until maybe wednesday or so- soooo much easier than the fat fast, plus cheese is a major staller for me.
Jen
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 03:23

Plan: high protein, low carb
Stats: 130/120/110 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Egg Yolk Fast

Hi Prof, I posted on the thread you started (Egg Fast) and I calculated what the ratio would be for egg yolks and it came out as:

Fat 79%
Protein 19%
carbs 2%

This seems to fit in with MeltingFast's food ratio. What do you all think? Would this work? How have your egg/meat fasts been going?