Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

wow.. congrats stacie.. i'll prbably do it tomorrow.. im not quite sure yet what i should be eating..

can u post what were u eating?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

My menu basically went like this:

B- egg salad (2 hard boiled eggs and 1 tbs. mayo)

L- 1 can of Tuna with 1 tbs. ceasar dressing

D- 1 cup ground beef with 2 eggs scrambled in it ( I add Hot sauce - 0 carbs)

LOTS OF WATER!!!

Fitday=
Cal. - 1005
Fat - 64g. (59%)
Carb - 3g. (1%)
Protein- 98g. (40%)

Surprisingly this fills me up, but if I do need a snack I just grab a hard boiled egg or some 0 carb beef jerky.

I think I might do it for 5 days this time around last time I missed my veggies and cheese.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:57

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hey guys....
this little challenge has me addicted to this website...lol! The water with lemon definitely works....I read this book forever ago called 'Eat to Live' (I think) and that's where I learned about it. Also, people who do Master Cleanser have to drink this combination a couple of times a day...who knows, but I'm pretty sure it works.

xotcbabe-I get the nitrate/sugar free hotdogs and sandwich meat at my local grocery store (Whole Foods). The brand is called Applegate Farms....their website it www.applegatefarms.com I think and they have a store locator on it. The only thing is that it is pretty expensive here, but everything tastes good. The only thing is that their pepperoni does have added sugar?

stacie1305-Did you drink coffee? I'm not sure I can function without it...
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:05
Registered Member

BF:

thanks stacie..i'll prepare my food by tomorrow.. do u think its okay to eat a little bit of tomatoe? does it affect anything? What if you go over 5 and less than 10 grms of carbs.. would it affect anything at all? sorry, so many questions here.

jenn.. thanks much for the info, luckily we do have wholefoods here I'll check it out later.

As far as the coffee goes, i think u can have one as long as u dont go over 5 grms of carbs. I drink decaf instead of coffee. i think decaf has less carbs than coffee, im not quite sure though.

Well goodlucks
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:08

BF:

stacie1305-Did you drink coffee?

No sorry I don't drink coffee, but once in awhile I will drink Sweet & Spicy tea when I have a sugar craving.

Jenn- I forgot to add that you can have coffee during this fast, just make sure you count the carbs for your sweetner and cream if you use it.

Last edited by stacie1305 : Thu, Aug-19-04 at 16:21.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:16

BF:

xotcbabe- I think for you to get full benefit from this diet I would stay away from the tomatoes and all veggies. If you feel that you must, than try to stay under 5g, I think you guys will be very pleased with the results if you stick to the plan for 3 days. By the way when you are done with the fast be sure to add your carbs back in very slowly in the beginning. I would start by adding a small salad for a couple of days then add back in some of your cheese until you get back to your original carb level.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:18
Registered Member

BF:

stacie- thanks much..you'll probably right.. i have to avoid tomatoes when i start this diet.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:34

stacie1305--
I have a quick question for you since you have experimented with this fast already, does this sound ok to you?
breakfast, I am usually really hungry:
14 ounce coffee w/1 tsp. cream and 1 sweetn'low (3 carbs)
3 eggs (2 whites and 1 whole egg) hardboiled and mixed with 1 T, mayo (1.2 net carbs)
2 Sugar Free/Nitrate Free Turkey Hotdogs (0 net carbs)

lunch:
1 hamburger patty (0 net carbs)
1 can water packed tuna w/ 1T. mayo (o net carbs, but only if I am really hungry and we decide to eat a late dinner)

dinner:
1 hamburger patty (0 net carbs)

And if I am starving for a snack or something I can have some sugar free/nitrate free sliced roastbeef instead of the tuna maybe?
what do you think? Thanks for all your help! I am practically ecstatic over this...I just hope it works!
Jenna
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:41

BF:

Jenna- it sounds perfect, just don't forget your water! I don't know if you already use Fitday.com to track your food, but its a great tool to use and its free. Good Luck and I hope you get some results.

Stacie
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 16:49

BF:
Default Are you drinking enough water?

Do you think you are drinking enough water?

Check out this handy tool!
http://www.bottledwater.org/public/html/input1.html

Stacie
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 00:37

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Atkins found that there was no difference weightlosswise between 5 and 20 grams per day, so EAT SOME VEGGIES.

I was doing low calories 20-35 carbs a day and losing about 2 pounds a week... then I switched to the meat/egg fast for exactly 2 weeks and had just 5 carbs a day and low calorie and I lost 11 pounds in just 2 weeks... so there IS a difference in weight loss for me when staying that low with carbs... I have been eating around 10-15 carbs a day for almost a week after that 2 weeks and am now going back to the meat/eggs for just a few days to try to move on into Onederland.

I plan to use it when I need a boost, but I do agree that we need more veggies and to be honest I eat 3-4 cups of romaine lettuce in place of the eggs as I can hardly stomach eggs most days...I use the zero carb dressing on the lettuce and have it with some meat... I just make sure to stay at 5 carbs a day.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 01:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi All,

I'm only on day 7 now so I'm still on Induction, I bought the book so I'm trying to make sure that I do it all the write way. I'm plannign to stay on Induction for at least three weeks. I think something in what I eat maybe stalling me. I posted a menu yesterday but I don't think it ended up on this thread but I'll ost everything I eat today. I drink about 3-5 litres of water, exercise 4-5 times a week (LOVE it). I'm quite tall (5 10") and I really like it when I look good...

Thank you all for support
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 07:19

Good Morning! I just wanted to wish you guys great weekend and good luck today....I'm not sure who else is trying the meat/egg fast, but today is day 2 for me. No loss yet, but I'm hoping....we'll see.
Jenna
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 09:12
Registered Member

BF:

Im planning to do it today but im not sure yet if i could complete only meat and eggs..

Goodluck to everyone
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 11:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ladies,

This is what I ate today..

BF
2 scrambled eggs
1tbs Mayo

Lunch
3 Turkey sausages
1tbs Mayo

Snacks - blocks of cheese (4)

Dinner
Cheese omelet (2 eggs)

Drank 3-4litres of water already! I hit the cafeteria today and came out with diet Soda (bad idea)

Planning 1 hr of exercise

Is this good enough for the meat/eggs fast??

Actually I started my TOM today...that maybe another factor (reason I wasn't loosing weight)..

I'm on DAY 7 (induction) I've been tempted with a lot of things (including pizza today) but I stuck to the program..

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!