Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Jenna Lets do it!

Hi Jenna,

Okay, I have to work hard the next couple of days but this is what I'll do..I'll log in at lunch time and put on my meal for the day (including BF and Dinner and snacks), I'll update if I snack on something..since I only thought of this now..tomorrow will ba a good day to start. Unfortunately I don't eat red meat (just chicken, turkey and Fish), Also I Love exercise.. I do it at least 4 times a week, more if I have time. Do you know how fitday.com works?? I've only started using it about 2 days ago..that seems like a better way of sharing menu's.

This is what I had today:

BF:2 boiled eggs - 1g
2 slice of cold chicken - about 1g(not sure)
1tsp Mayo - 0g

Lunch
Baked Chicken breast (got the recipe from the Atkins website) - 2.5g
1/2 medium cucumber ~ 2g
4 cherry tomatos - 3g (according to Fitday.com)
1 tsp Mayo - 0g

Midmorning snack - 1 slice of cheese 1g

Dinner
Salmon
Broccoli
butter sauce

I think that'll be really close to 20g...

I'm on day 6 but I still feel hungry between meals, anyone has suggestions??
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 123/117/112 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Jennabrams-
I use FitDay but not everyday (outside of work I don't use the pc much). I think it's a great toolif I could just use it the way I'm supposed to. My typical day goes like this (BTW, I've been pretty much on Induction for over a month-just started FatFast two days ago but will probably go back to induction tomorrow).:

AM
-scrambled/fried eggs - nonstick cooking spray (how many depends on how hungry I am!)
-turkey bacon or turkey sausage

AM SNACK
-pork rinds

LUNCH
-can of tuna or chicken breast mixed with mayo/mustard
-maybe cheese cubes (5 or 6) OR salad (i.e. just lettuce)

PM SNACK
-sometimes I don't snack but if I do, it's macadamia nuts or pork rinds (small amts.)

DINNER (here's where I go crazy with quantity!)
-rotisserie chicken from the deli or broiled fish with butter or chicken wings I fried/baked the night before.

I could outeat my hubby at this meal. I don't know why I'm so hungry around 6. Perhaps bc I know I won't be eating again for another 12 hours?

A couple of things I DO have control of:
1. I only eat low-carb foods. I have not cheated at all despite the fact that I have told myself I could have one cheat day. Have not even really wanted to (except the low-carb ice cream day!).

2. I exercise 3-5 x a week. It's easier for me to force myself to exercise than it is for me to watch how much I eat!

3. I never eat after dinner. Sometimes dinner isn't until 7 or 8 so it holds me until breakfast.

The meat/eggs diet sounds tempting though...maybe next week if I haven't budged this weekend.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:45

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

5 grams of carbs is way way too low. Atkins found that there was no difference weightlosswise between 5 and 20 grams per day, so EAT SOME VEGGIES. You want to try to get to 20, and veggies will not make you fat!

Eat more veggies, drink more water, exercise. It's really easy to do this the safe healthful way.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

Jenna,
how much do you weigh? and how tall are you? My menu is weird, lol.. i probably eat less than 10 grms of carbs

Ok like yesterday i had
1 round sausage from mcdonalds
2 beef patties with 2 packets of mayonnaise
1 little packet of nuts - it says 6 grms of crbs about 15 pieces
1 thigh and breast fried not breaded from stater brothers
half a slim fast low carb caramel chocolate bar
15 -20 pieces of large shrimps fried not breaded

4-5 liters of water
2 cups of decaf coffee 2 tbs of cream no sugar or splenda...
how many calories or carbs i took.. u think?
have u lost any weight yet?

Malindi,
how come u haven't lost any weight yet? Anyways, i want to try the meat and eggs diet but im a little bit scared becuz i felt i was going to faint yesterday..maybe i was eating too much beef that my blood sugar went down. Ill see what i can do.
U should post ur menu though to see if you're eating the right kind of foods.

Rcfletcher.. ill look to ur journal

pbwh.. are u almost on ur weight goal? how tall are u ?

Shoer.. i kinda agreed with you but too much meat.. yikesss
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 11:13
Registered Member

BF:

malindi,
are u still on induction?
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 11:16
Registered Member

BF:

JUST to add.. i dont exercise .. no time.. and im lazy, lol.

pbwh.. ur menu looks good.. have u checked on fitday how many carbs or calories ur consuming?

fyi: pork rinds stalled me..
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 11:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157.5/129 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Many cultures subsist almost entirely on meat (Masai of Africa, North American eskimos). Of course, it helps that teir meat is often eaten close to raw, which preserves a lot more of the vitamins and such that are actually in meat. Studies have been done on this... Check out the Protein Power books.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 12:53

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hi guys, thanks for all your help.

xotcbabe...I am 5'1 and I weigh about 110-112 lbs. (depends), my biggest problem is that I have been stuck at 110 lbs. all summer and I am pulling my hair out over this. I have been on atkins for almost 3 years now. My best weight and my goal is 105 lbs. I weighed that for almost 2 years on atkins up until about 3 months ago....a really stressful time for me and I gained a lot. I didn't really go off lc, but I really pigged out a couple of times too many! Now I cannot kick these last few pounds. I know that sounds small, but I have a small frame and now (sob, sob) my clothes are much too tight. So, that is sort of my background.

pbwh- your menu does sound good. I am pretty weird with atkins though. I prefer poultry and fish and I really don't like pork rinds or cheese, but your menu seems right on! I love tuna... How is the fat fast affecting your energy levels?

Malindi
- Let's start tomorrow and I'll do the same. I can usually get to a computer in the am....so I'll post my menu then in this thread (hope that's ok)....just bouncing ideas off each other makes me feel better because we all have so much in common. I also try to work out 5x a week. I'm a runner so that is my cardio of choice and I mix in some light free weights...

Have a great day!
Jenna
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 13:13
Registered Member

BF:

jenn,
i know how that feels... i never knew about the atkins diet till 8 months ago... I USED to take those ephedra pills and i did lose some weight but i gained it back.. Now i feel like im obsessing about my weight and what foods should i eat next.. ughghgh..
Anyways, i hope u could hit ur goal weight.. i know its going to be hard but u do exercise... so thats beneficial unlike me
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 13:14
Registered Member

BF:

have u posted what foods have u been eating though?
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 174/150/125 Female 5 foot 3
BF:
Progress: 49%

I would like to try this out,but i have a gross question. Dont you guys get super constipated? There isnt much fiber in meat and eggs, must be rough to push through the intestines. Can you eat some vegetables like v. low carb ones like brocolli? or Spinach leaves?
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 14:13

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hey guys,
MariJaneTN--I am going to take vitamins and fibercon (like always), another thing you can do or I might do is drink hot water with lemon, or worst case drink smooth move tea. It is from GNC and tastes kind of weird, but it really helps with constipation and has no carbs.

xotcbabe--Don't feel bad about the diet pills. I have spent the last decade trying every possible way to 'diet' and I can relate. I struggled with some eating issues in college and atkins really helped me learn to eat. This is a pretty typical day for me:
b-
14-20 ounces coffee w/1 tsp. cream and 1 sweetn'low
3 eggs scrambled (2 whites, 1 whole egg)
2 nitrate free all natural turkey hotdogs

l-
water packed tuna w/1 T. mayo
2-3 slices turkey or roastbeef sandwich meat (nitrate free all natural)

d-
rotisserie chicken or regular chicken breast baked with mayo and/or parmesan cheese and 1-2 cups of broccoli and spinach (or some other veggie)

snack-
1-2 sugar free jello cups
I don't use oil or butter and pretty much stick to non-stick Pam. My calories are around 700-1000 a day...depending on dinner and my carbs are always way under 20, like you. Anyways, my regular day (lately) is not all that different from a meat fast anyways....so I'm thinking, why not?
We'll see how it goes for all of us....
Jenna
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:03
Registered Member

BF:

jenn,
where do you get the free nitrate hotdogs? i just posted if canned foods like tuna can stall or makes u gain weight and i guess it doesn't coz you seem okay with it.
as far as egg goes, i feel like its a waste of time to separate the egg yolks..

Anyways, ur food looks fine.. and you're eating less calories.. well i think it fits becuz of ur height and how much weigh.. coz for me.. i weigh 121 right now and my height is about 5'3 so i need about 1200.. but sometimes i go under and sometimes over the limit.. jeeeezz..

R u still going to do the stillmans diet? u mentioned about the lemon and water... does it help for constipation really? never knew that. i thought we can't have fruits..

well goodluck grly
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:04
Registered Member

BF:

marijane, i haven't had vegetables for quite sometime now but im not constipated at all.. i guess it depends to each individual.. or u can try taking some supplemens but im not sure if its okay if you're doing low carb.

like what jenn said maybe hot water with lemon will do .
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 15:06

Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

I did the meat/egg diet last week for 3 days and lost three pounds and it has stayed off. I think I will start it again with you guys tomorrow to see if I can get closer to goal. Good Luck to everyone!!

Stacie