Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/215/140 Female 67 inches
BF:47.4/46.2%/20%
Progress: 38%

You guys are doing awesome! I am considering this when I can do some serious grocery shopping.

I'm still curious to see how this weight loss maintains after adding back some carbs. I'm very impressed with everyone's results.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 16:44
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Just started today.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 19:42
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'm seriously considering starting this... I'll have to hide all the low carb snacks in the house so I'm not tempted... LOL. And it will be hard for me to give up cheese too...

I just know that I've been too slack and I've gained weight because of it and I want it back off. If I gain too much more my wedding dress isn't going to fit, no matter how much they let it out.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 02:10
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Restarting today. Had done it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and had a loss of 4 pounds the first day but I stopped weighing myself so I don't know if I lost any more.

Weekend is gonna be hard but if I can do it during the weekend than the weekday will be a breeze.

Cheers.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 05:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi everyone,

I like the sound of this to get a good few pounds off for my holidays.

But I'm a vegetarian I don't eat any kind of meat, fish or chicken, so I'd have too change it abit and see what happens I eat Quorn it's a meat subsitute and it contants 1 carb per slice so I think if I have it and keep as low in carbs as I can it might be ok.

Can i have cheese on this as i rely on it and it has 0 carbs in it.

What do you think of this menu :-

Breakfast :- 2 slices of quorn, cheese = 2 carbs

Lunch :- 1 egg, 1 slice quorn = 2 carbs

Tea :- 2 quorn sausages, 1 egg = 2.8 carbs

If I can have cheese I would add it to the meals.

What do you think?

I think I would be alittle hungry, but would it hurt to try it for 1 day to see what happens and judge it like that, if I feel ok and lose weight I could do it another day and just see what happens.

Please let me know your thought's if you don't think it's safe to do it, I will take your advice and not do it, as it's not worth making yourself ill for a couple of pounds.

wjd x
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 09:08
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%
Smile

I'm not sure what adding cheese would do...

I'm down a pound this morning. Day 2 today!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 10:59

Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

I started doing this on Tuesday and did it for three days and lost 3 pounds. I think I will have to add a salad today, but will do it again for another three days. I will keep you posted.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 14:12
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I started this fast on Monday at 168 and ended the fast on Friday at 161. I plan to add a few "induction friendly" foods over the weekend and then drop back into the meat/egg fast again next week. I'd really like to see the 50s. I feel great, my motivation is back... Thank you meat/egg fast!
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 11:02

Plan: keto/paleo with IF 18/6
Stats: 215.0/198.6/175 Female 68
BF:yes
Progress: 41%
Default I'm in!

I found this thread yesterday and read it all with fascination! I am going to give this a try.
So far today I ate 3 extra large eggs fried in butter and 2.5 pcs of bacon, and I am at 2 carbs in fitday. I will consider adding some ground flax seed to something somewhere today, just to help things.

This is exciting. I have been at 205 for a couple of weeks, and I think I can only lose weight during certain times during the month. I just seem to stall out the rest of the time no matter how low my carbs are.
Mae

** ate too much ham today (too high in carbs) will know better for tomorrow. Also had some romaine (for the fiber- I am afraid of what all this meat will do to me!). The rest of the food I ate was all good. I came in at 6 carbs-1 fiber= 5. I know I should not count the fiber, but oh well. live and learn.

Last edited by mae_west : Sat, Aug-14-04 at 20:17.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 09:49

today is day 3 of the meat and egg fast for me. I have lost 1.5 pounds in 2 days, which is good for me. I want to stay on for the rest of this week and get to onederland.
Mae
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi,

I started my own version on friday without meat and I've found it very easy and it's worked, I've lost 3 lb, today is my normal weigh day. I normall take a few weeks to get to my next stone mark as we use in England and I'm there in 3 days so I just need it to go under now so I'm staying on this until I'm under 182 lb (13 st). I can wait for it to happen.

wjd x
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 10:33

Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:

As soon as I'm out of salad fixings this week, I'm considering starting the egg/meat fast to get out of my little stall. I do have a few questions though that I'm hoping someone can answer.

First, I think I've read that on this fast one should stick to unprocessed meats, avoiding meat such as bacon, Spam, ham, luncheon meat, etc. Is this true or are these kinds of meats acceptable?

Secondly, has this affected anybody's exercise or workout routines? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the limit on carbs to 5 provides enough energy to continue exercising and doing weight training as usual? I hope that my question makes sense. Anybody care to share his/her experience regarding this?

I appreciate any added input!!! Thanks!!!
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 11:18

I don't do weight training, but I have had my same amount of energy for work (I am doing 6 days straight). I also feel better about what I am eating because it is simpler, and I stay full.

I found that ham and sausages etc have additives/fillers that can be high in carbs which cuts back the amount of stuff you can eat with it- such as mayo. I made 11 burger patties this morning with low carb bbq sauce (2 tb=2 carbs), dijon mustard, and some red onion. Divided between the 11 patties it does not equal much, but gives much flavor and makes the meat more palatable, I think. And since I am only eating eggs and "pure" meat, my carbs are low enough to add some flavor to ground beef.
If you get to the end of the day and are hungry and have some carbs left, go ahead and eat ham or whatever. It is still meat!
hth,
Mae
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 13:38

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

OK, I did the meat/egg fast for 2 days...started at 205 & today I'm at 204. Wasn't bad at all, but I ate brats & sausages along with eggs, hamburgers & a steak. I'm not disappointed because I'm an extremely slow loser anyway. The fast really kills your appetite. I'm going to do it again, I'll let you know how it goes. Keep up the great work!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 13:51
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Day 1 - Part 2

I started the meat/egg fast last Monday (8/9) at 168. Throughout the week, I steadily dropped to 161 on Friday. Over the weekend, because of several obligations, I increased my carbs and ate Induction friendly foods. On Saturday, I woke up to 160 and maintained that weight all weekend. This morning, I again, woke up to 160 and plan to return to the egg/meat fast.

Last week, after Day 1, I found the fast incredibly easy. In the past, when I've returned to Induction, I found it difficult to remember which foods were acceptable during that phase. The fast was simple; meat or eggs and seeing results almost daily was enough to boost my motivation...

Here's to hoping this week is as successful as the last.