Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I am not familiar with the Stillman diet. These are the rules I was given by a member on this site.

THE RULES:

-Meat (of any kind) and eggs only
-a little bit of mayo (for tuna salad, deviled eggs, etc.)
-just enough fat to cook with
-spices are okay for cooking
-coffee, diet soda are okay, but you have to count them in carb count.(remember to count 1 carb for each splenda packet, and if you use creamer.)
-NO MORE THAN 5 CARBS A DAY!!!!!!!!
VITAMINS!!

I will keep you updated. I may run into trouble today because we (work) have a lunch date. We are going to Quizno's so I need to decide what I should do. I may just have a salad and no dressing and see what happens. I did see that yesterday my carbs totaled 10 instead of 5. It was from my coffee not from any veggies or anything. So that may have made a difference.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 07:23
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thank you all for the wonderful information. I think I may try the Meat/Egg (Stillman's) next week just to see what happens.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 07:37

Plan: Atkins HF/LP
Stats: 277/267/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I did find information on the regular fat fast. It's not to late for me to try this one today since I had two egg yolks for breakfast. What I am going to do is take in 75% to 90% fat with about 1000 calories a day. This one contains less protein and more fat. I am hoping to get the scale moving. Lets see what happens.

Good Luck!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 07:54

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Personally I had better luck with the egg fast than that fat fast.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 07:55
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Definately keep us updated. I'm planning to start this myself on Monday (8/9).
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 08:13

Plan: Atkins HF/LP
Stats: 277/267/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Pandora23

What is the egg fast? How is it different from the fat fast? I am starting the fat fast today and figured I would eat mostly eggs throughout the day. For breakfast today I ate two egg yolks with a sprinkle of cheese on them.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 11:41

BF:

I just looked at the Stillman diet rules and on there it says you can have coffee and the way I took it that it does not count against the carbs as long as you add in cream or splenda to your carbs.
I may have problems tomorrow because we had our work lunch and went to Quizno's. I have the Roadhouse Ranch Salad with not BBQ sauce and no dressing. Quizno's nutrition guide says it is -1 carbs (how they get a negative is beyond me) but I thought it looked like the least amount of carbs for the new salads. I am still going to count it as at least 9 carbs. I have no clue as to how many calories I should add to fitday because I do not know what kind of "greens" were all in it. It will be interesting to see what this does to me tomorrow. STAND BY--- lori
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 15:59

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Did you really look at Stillman's diet? You may be allowed to have coffee but there's no cram allowed and no carb counting. It's very, very low fat - unlike Atkins and as near to 0 carbs as you can get.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 08:20

BF:
Default Starting Day 4 Meat/Egg fast

Well, I am down yet another pound this morning. I still feel very satisfied and have no cravings. I did have a Quizno's Roadhouse salad yesterday minus the bbq sauce and no dressing so that may have impeded more weight being lost? I am satisfied with this. BUT... I am still not jumping for joy just because of coming off of TOM. I had been at 203 until a couple of weeks ago I had gained about five pounds because I was not being very vigilant of what I was putting in my mouth. I never cheated with bad carbs but I just had more than necassary to lose. For about two weeks prior to starting this fast I was really trying to KISS, but then TOM came along and messed me up.

I noticed that the days of my fast were as follows comparing starting weight, carbs and calories.
Started Tuesday: 210.5 carbs 7 (3 from coffee) Calories 1697
Wednesday: 208.5 Carbs 10 (3 from coffee) Calories 1164
Thursday: 207 Carbs 9 (4 from coffee) Calories 1615
Friday: 206 Carbs? (4 so far from coffee) Calories?

I am also taking my vitamins and drinking about 82 or more oz's of water. I walk one or two miles a day. Will keep you updated with what happens when we go camping.

Bums me out though the lunch I had made is sitting at home in my fridge.... now I have to find something else for dinner. Crap! ha Lori
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 13:00
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Doing well!! Keep it up!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 16:17

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

So it looks like you've lost 4 pounds in just the first 3 days!

Doing great...and you haven't even stayed at 5 carbs on any of the days...thats really terrific!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 16:22
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well I'm starting this on Sunday. I thought I've done it before but didnt realize U need to stay under 5 carbs. I know the rules now...I think I will just try to stay under 10. I have lost my LC mojo and need something to get me back on program. That's for this thread.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 19:32

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Sophotia

I have just completed a week of the meat/egg fast and lost 7 pounds...I did however stick to the 5 carb rule... you may not have to stay that low to have great results.... ones on the other forum who are doing this are losing .5 - 2 pounds per day on average when they stick to the 5 carb rule.

This is similar to Stillman's, but not quite the same... the fat content is more and you count ALL carbs and stop at 5...eggs have carbs so where I like to have 2 cups of coffee a day with heavy cream, that means I can just have 3 eggs.

It has truly worked magically for me thus far... I have lost more and lost faster than I did on Induction...all while eating the same amount of calories that I was eating on Adkins and losing about 2 pounds a week.

I will probably stay on it 1 more week and then up my carbs to 10-15 for a week and then maybe alternate weeks after that to keep my weight loss going faster.

I am not diabetic, but I have been monitoring my blood sugar while being on Atkins and it was 88-100 of the morning, usually around 92-94....now it is 70-77 of the mornings.... I am happier with that as well.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-04, 20:36

Stats: 128/125/119 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Great job everyone!!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 00:46
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Interesting, but I wonder if the loss will last when you return to normal (LC) eating.