Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 12:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi

Anjel don't pass out! I say eat something - LC ofcourse. In the the Atkins book the reccomend sumthin' fatty like macadamia nuts. You may be suffering from a drop in blood sugar levels. Read this link:

http://atkins.com/Archive/2003/5/28-781996.html
Atkins Nutritionals: Advice & Inspiration: Psychology of Weight Loss: Food and Mood

I'm doing good today. Still plugging away. I woke up at 7 and went walking with a friend. It was a good walk. Even though I did not want to get put of bed I was glad that I did. It was something like 3 miles - not bad.

It's funny, I find myself daydreaming now. Daydreamimg about what I will look like in a year. I really believe that I will get there this time. I was just invited to present at a conference in Tampa FL next spring, and I was excited, cuz I know by next March....I will look and feel A-mazing!!! Normally when opportunities like that come up, I am less than excited. Because I know all of the self loathing and frustration I feel about how I look. Well, soon that will all be over!!!

Can I get an Amen?

Other than that, I am really happy about this thread. It's nice to know y'all are out there!

Holla back & stay focused.
Slim - way to go girl!
Nadz - I'm feelin' the avatar (we are on the same page)
Red, Coolwater & the rest of the family, I'm pullin for ya!!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 16:26

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Everyone Great Going!

I'm glad to here that everyone is doing well.

Congratulations Slim on your loss. Hey, I don't foresee a stall for you continue in the direction that you are headed!

Nasira, girl Amen. I think about the future me too. I have always been kind of apprehensive about going to certain things because of my weight, I too know I will have a lot more confidence when I know my clothes are fitting right because I don't have love handles hanging out the top of my pants and things like that. I'm not as quick to go certain places because I worry about how I will look.

I really believe that God steered me to this forum. I signed up and immediately saw this thread. Bless all of you. I'm so glad to connect with some sistas who know exactly how it is!

By the way, I tried on some pants that are usually super tight, no more. I'm so happy. No change on the scale, but super tight pants turned loose, do not lie.

Continued Success Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Liz
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 17:56

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default amen girls...

nasira u will of course be lookin bangin' at ur conference!!! thanx everyone for ur support. i didnt have breakfast this morning. slipped up and had 2 bacon egg and cheese crossaints. ill try to work it off tonite. goodnite ladies!!!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 07:05

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

I didn't do so well yesterday. I did defeat the feeling of eating until I get sick though!! I was doing great until I ate the peanutbutter cookies after dinner. I have a weakness or something. But for whatever reason I couldn't finish them. They were too sweet or something. Go figure. Tonight I will be having a sf jello after dinner instead. I think that will be better for me than my last treat! Wish me luck in sticking to some sort of lower carb.

#80   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 09:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 322/294/222 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hello ladies,

I weighed in at 295 this morning which is cool for me being I started over 300. I have slowed down a lot, I think I am getting sloppy with my carb counts. I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on so bad. I was making my son's lunch and I had a huge craving. I did not give in, I had some LC ice cream but that did not do the trick. Does anybody eat peanut butter and what do you eat it with or on? Celery does not satisfy that sandwich craving. Ohhhhhh - I saw my uncle at church on Sunday(He works a lot) and he asked if I was losing weight because he could tell by my face. That really made my day. Question for those who strength train: When I finish all reps, am I supposed to have worked up a sweat like doing cardio? I'm not sure what indicates a good strength training session at the end.

Stajj- take induction just one day at a time and it will get easier.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 10:17

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Musicalk
You do not have to visibley sweat. To know if you've strength trained sufficiently, you need to lift heavy for your ability. The main aim is to develop muscle. To do this, the muscle must go through minute tears. When they are repaired, muscle grows. That is how muscle is built. You must NOT feel pain while lifting. That is a sign of injury. However, you should feel sore 24-48 hours AFTER working the muscle group. This is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). That's the sign of a good lift!

Best wishes!
Nadz
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 10:19

BF:

When you've finished all reps, your muscle should feel fatigued, not hurt, fatigued...like you couldn't manage another few reps.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 12:31

BF:
Default Hi Family

I am having a helluva day at work (directing a talent show in 2 days and I had to track down folks to install sound and lights!!)

Anyway, I am pleased to see everyone is doing well, or as well as they can in the face of peanut butter

Nadz gave the 411 on the weight training info. If you break a sweat it shouldn't be major (like 30 minutes of cardio). Just take your time and build in the number of reps and amount of weight over time - and don't forget to take small rests between sets. I like to grab a quick drink of water between sets or stare off into space imagining a slimmer me for like :30. Goodluck and keep us posted on your progress.

Liz - congrats on the loose pants. That's what's up. You're right - pants don't lie.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Soonslim.

Nadz - what's good in your world?

For me I did something I swore I would only do once a week. I weighed myself. I was only going to weigh on Friday's BUT I was sooooooo curious last night I hopped on the scale. At first I was dissapointed. I thought it said I gained 5 pounds. I thought to myself, damn I am exercising and TOM is ending - but 5 pounds???!!! Then, I looked closer - I was 5 pounds lighter. I was 215 pounds

So, all is well. I have been so busy at work all I've eaten is a handful of sunflower seeds. I have some deviled eggs waiting on me, so I should be fine. I walked for 45 minutes this morning and feel really good.

OK back to work. Everyone have a great day!!!!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 14:49

BF:

What a cruel trick TOM plays on us. Serious congrats on your UNEXPECTED 5 pound loss. I was shopping one day and picked up a 5 lb bag of sugar and kept it in my hands- being thankful that I had lost that weight during induction. It feels good. Don't stress out about the Talent show, I think events like that are more stressful for the planners than the performers. Just enjoy the show.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 15:18

BF:

Hey Musical,

Thanks for the support. I am much better now. I am in the theater, so putting on a show is always a welcome challenge. I'll let you know how it turns out. I think I'ma go pick up 5 lbs of sumthin' too. I need to be reminded of how significant that is...

MusicalK, what does your name mean? Are you a singer? Do you play an instrument?
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 15:36

BF:

Hi all!
I'm here. I'm sooo busy now it's not even funny. I'm packing for a trip and trying to finish up some assignments. And I just got a letter in the mail about a meeting I'm to be at at work in half an hour! So, I gotta run. Hope you all are doing well. Take care and peace.

Nadz
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 19:33

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default hey.

good job nasira!! i know u feel so good right now. just came home from class. bout to go get a workout. did u know they make low carb doritos? i just found that out. i slipped up today and had a vanilla cappaucino. hope i can work it off. lata
jodi
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 19:51
Registered Member

Stats: 319/250/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 39%

Soonslim, I saw those Cool Ranch Carb Doritos. They were like 6 net carbs for 1 serving, I wanted them so bad...but I'm on Induction, and I'm a self diagnosed junk food junkie and I know I would eat that whole bag, and go buy another one after that, so I stayed away from them for now. Can't wait to try them though!

BTW, can someone answer this for me... Is it possible to lose pounds without inches? Because the scale tells me I lost 9-10 pounds so far, but I haven't lost any inches..but oddly my clothes fit a tad bit looser. I'm confused

Last edited by Stajj : Wed, Jul-21-04 at 07:13.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 06:34

BF:

Nasira - I use the name musicalk because I am a music teacher ( Orchestra) on the middle school level. I really enjoy my job.

Soonslim - Oh no you did not say there are lc doritos. I have avoided the chip aisle because I loved some doritos. On a special treat day, I may get some and share with my son so I don't treat myself to the entire bag.Haha

Stajj - If you are in induction you may lose your water weight quickly (pounds). Have you been keeping your measurements? Its good to have a reference later when you think the scale isn't moving but the inches are.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 07:03

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

Hello ladies!!

I'm just stopping by to say hello! I hope everyone is doing great!! Hey any of you guys know any good sf jelly?? I want something for my toast but I am so tired of being the lc guinea pig!
Closed Thread