Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Has anyone tried GABA it is GREAT!

If anyone has taken this I would love to know what you think of it, what it has done for you, and how much you take?

I learned about this from another thread. It was mentioned as one of the to 5 supplements to take. I researched it and gavee it a try. OMG, I took 2 GABA lastnight and this morning when I put on my pants, OMG< NO knee pain. I carfully lifted my right leg as I always do because for a couple years now I have had knee pain. I could barley kneel down and when I do get down it is very hard to get back up. This morn I lifted my leg and I thought "that felt different". I lifted again and COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!! NO PAIN I then knelt all the way down and again NO PAIN. I lifted my leg and stretched it behind me and again NO PAIN You guys might want to reseach this one-I love it I have had knee pain in both legs for so long (right knee worse) and now I'm SO happy

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 09:40

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%
Thumbs up

I guess I'm the only other person here using it I use the brand "In Shape Dream Shape". It's a powder form that you mix 2tsps with water and drink before going to bed. It makes me sleep very well and sometimes have strange dreams. Its nice to be really tired and sleep soundly thru the night and not wake every hour like I use to. Right after you take it you get a really warm and tingly feeling and my skin gets flushed. Disappears within a few moments
though. Do you experience this w/ the tablets?This stuff is supposed to make you look younger. Some people even report of gray hair disappearing. I think it makes me look younger but that could be all the good sleep! Anyway I just love the way it makes me feel so I will continue to use it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 08:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
I guess I'm the only other person here using it I use the brand "In Shape Dream Shape". It's a powder form that you mix 2tsps with water and drink before going to bed. It makes me sleep very well and sometimes have strange dreams. Its nice to be really tired and sleep soundly thru the night and not wake every hour like I use to. Right after you take it you get a really warm and tingly feeling and my skin gets flushed. Disappears within a few moments
though. Do you experience this w/ the tablets?This stuff is supposed to make you look younger. Some people even report of gray hair disappearing. I think it makes me look younger but that could be all the good sleep! Anyway I just love the way it makes me feel so I will continue to use it.

How long have you been taking it
The tablets do make me feel relaxed and warm about 15 minutes after taking it. I started taking 3 750 mgs last night. How much are you taking with the Dream Shape Almost a "drunk" feeling. I feel it in my muscles, very relaxed and I do get very sleepy and do have the vivid dreams that are sometimes very strange. I have been taking it a week now and will continue because I DO like it.
You say it makes you look younger, in what way I have read about that.
Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 08:22

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%

I've been taking it for a couple of weeks now. I just love it! So relaxing. I work all day then rush home to cook dinner, clean that up, do some laundry, pick up son from work, sometimes. I get so wound up its hard to just go to bed and fall asleep. I take the recommended dosage which is 2 grams before bed. As far as making me look younger? I just have a more youthful well rested look. Not tired. Also my skin seems to be less dry.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 11:20

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm going to pick some up today, and I'll let you know the results. Continued success to both of you & I'm keeping my fingers crossed for myself.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 01:21

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 151/151/140 Female 67"
BF:
Progress:
Question What is GABA

It sounds interesting and like something worth trying but I would like to more about it. Please share.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 10:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurstep
It sounds interesting and like something worth trying but I would like to more about it. Please share.

Here is just one site you can go to

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/gaba-information-effects.htm

I did a google search and looked at several sites before I decided it was something I wanted to take.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 15:43

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'd love to find something to take the ache out of my feet.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 16:55

BF:

OK ladies, this is just a brief update. I have taken it 2 nights so far. I'm taking "Rejuvinate" from GNC. The warm & tingly feeling you get a little after taking it kinda freaks me out, but I will continue. The stuff I'm taking is a powder & the first night I took 2 grams, the second night 3 grams (trying to work up to 5 grams, as recommended). When I sit or stand in one position, I am usually stiff when I start moving again. I noticed the first day that I didn't experience that stiffness any longer. I'm also sleeping less (6 hours vs. 9 hours). Nothing else yet, that I've noticed, but I'll keep you up to date. At GNC they had a special sale going, so I have 2 jars of this stuff & I plan on using it all.

Widdlemama, where did you find the thread on the top 5 supplements to take? Just thought I'd read up on them (and probably run right out & buy the other 4).

That's it for now...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 07:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingFst
OK ladies, this is just a brief update. I have taken it 2 nights so far. I'm taking "Rejuvinate" from GNC. The warm & tingly feeling you get a little after taking it kinda freaks me out, but I will continue. The stuff I'm taking is a powder & the first night I took 2 grams, the second night 3 grams (trying to work up to 5 grams, as recommended). When I sit or stand in one position, I am usually stiff when I start moving again. I noticed the first day that I didn't experience that stiffness any longer. I'm also sleeping less (6 hours vs. 9 hours). Nothing else yet, that I've noticed, but I'll keep you up to date. At GNC they had a special sale going, so I have 2 jars of this stuff & I plan on using it all.

Widdlemama, where did you find the thread on the top 5 supplements to take? Just thought I'd read up on them (and probably run right out & buy the other 4).

That's it for now...

I'm still taking 3 tabs which is a total of 2250mg for me. I will be adding another in a day or so. I too would like to work up to 5 grams. When I first started taking the 2250 mg I felt I could catch my breath so to speak. I'm not sure if it just relaxed me so much and that was the breathing feeling or what. Didn't have that last night and the "buzz" wasn't as noticable. So I will give it another day or so then increase my dose.

As far as the top 5 supplements go, I think it was on this board but I'm not sure. I will see if I can find it for you
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 07:48

BF:

I found it, it is the top 5 anti-aging sups

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=168575
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 13:41

BF:

Thank you! going right over to check them out...
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 08:01

BF:

Update:
Last night took 4 tabs. That is 3 grams total. Felt fine or no different than taking 3 tabs. I get very sleepy and relaxed and a little shortness of breath which I read is normal about 20 min after taking it. I do sleep better although the baby still wakes me several times. He sleeps with us but thinking about a change there. I do seem to have energy in the days. The best part so far is the no more pain in my knees which I have had for a very long time (a couple years)
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 23:49

BF:

Thanks for the update. On my end, I'm up to 5 g., sleep like a log, don't seem to need naps anymore (OoO helps with this too). My knees have been fine, no stiffness in my legs either. Thanks for letting us know about this stuff.

How long does it take you to walk 5-6.5 miles? Do you walk every day? I've been walking 2 miles a day, or minimum of 8 miles a week (it took awhile to build up to this). I hope to increase, but don't always want to take the time. Your doing fantastic, very inspiring for alot of us.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 08:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingFst
Thanks for the update. On my end, I'm up to 5 g., sleep like a log, don't seem to need naps anymore (OoO helps with this too). My knees have been fine, no stiffness in my legs either. Thanks for letting us know about this stuff.

How long does it take you to walk 5-6.5 miles? Do you walk every day? I've been walking 2 miles a day, or minimum of 8 miles a week (it took awhile to build up to this). I hope to increase, but don't always want to take the time. Your doing fantastic, very inspiring for alot of us.

WOW, 5 grams, doYOU feel anything before falling asleep?I would really like to know.

I'm not sure how long it takes me to go the 5-6.5 miles. I never timed it but I have glanced at the clock before leaving but never do when getting back But I would say 1 1/2 hours. The only real bummer is I don't lose weight! My measurments have gone down and I haven't been following the plan 100% so it is my fault. I figured if I walk that far daily, I should be able to eat what I want. Not really what I want, it is still low carb. My biggest draw back is I love creamchees with peanutbutter and splenda. To me it is alot like cookie dough. I have been thinking about induction again but rihgt now it is only a thought