Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 22:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi and thanks ever so much for your kind words and support.
So what if all of you are virtual pals....it feels very real!
No matter where in the world one is, old age and suffering is the same for everyone, isn't it?
My best wishes to your Dad and you
With greetings from Mother Teresa's city, Calcutta, India.
Anu
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 23:18
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Lovely to hear from you. I dont normally believe in fate and stuff, but getting in touch with you and some of the other members on this forum and getting so much sympathy and support at this difficult time has been so great that I'm inclined to believe that Ms.Fate has played a significant hand!
How's your Mom? I'm sure your visit will cheer her up no end. There's something about our parents' generation....they have great mental strength and they have the ability to put aside their physical troubles by strength of will alone. Will we have a fraction of that strength?I hope so though I dont have much conviction in that department.
Hey, I'm sounding really depressing aren't I? OK, enough of that.

Last week was not so good diet-wise. I ate more carbs than I should have, or so I thought. But surprise, surprise....I have'nt added to my weight! Great, aint it? But this week I'm going to be very strict and hopefully by the end of it I should be in the kind of territory that I haven't been in for a loooooooooong time!

Hey Patricia, I dont think you should worry too much about your not loosing more weight. You've already lost 41 lbs...it that right? Thing will slow down now and as long as you dont add to your weight and continue eating sensibly I'm sure you'll get there soon enough (though we all wish we could woosh down, no?!) I think you should concentrate more on the Iron and Cholesterol problems right now, we dont want any related problems.
Bye now, Patricia, take care, give your mom oodles of love and affection...that what keeps her going.
Anu
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 04:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Morning anu , well my weekend visit with mom was lovely we all had a nice time also, had our thanksgiving meal too , I work this weekend than i will return home the following weekend,when do u plan on seeing your mom again ?I try to call her every day just to say hi and to break her day up ... so my Dr called yesterday wanted me to join some cholesterol study? it took a lot of time and physcials etc etc i said no thanks(you also didnt know what dosage u were taken for cholesterol , so he prescribed me a cholesterol drug i didnt take it YET , one of the problems with it said.. if you have thryoid trouble ? so Im going to wait and see him next week than ask ,i want new blood work , iron also and thryoid , im still doing the low carb, not as strict but i too havent gained and i would ,love to lose 10 more kilos but if not im also fine , I dont worry about it as much now , eating this way is a part of my life , as long as i dont gain lol do you work full or part time ? I m full time with NO TIME !! lol I know you have a family so i think your one busy lady well Im off to work , we have a busy week ahead , take care of yourself Anu, i hope you have a good week patricia
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 04:09

BF:
Progress:

MissScruff WOW you have lost a lot of weight? Congrad's thats so wonderful, I have lost 20 kilo's and now stuck but thats also OK I sure agree with you as its terrible to watch your parents in pain and all the sickness etc Its so sad, it really breaks my heart, things have been so rough for my mom last couple of yrs and the pain she is in ...its unbearbale for me ! but she still has her spirts ! wel Im late for work , lol so take care ... have a good day ...
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 10:07

Stats: 305/303/100 Male 69"
BF:
Progress:
Default Well at least I'm loosing finally instead of gaining.

I started this diet at 305, alot for me, I have to loose 100 Lbs. So far I have lost 15 Lbs. It;s a good start in my first few weeks, gives me inspiration.
I check with Ketone sticks to make sure I;m buning fats instesd of carbs and sure enough I have always been in the Ketosis stage,
I just want to let everyone know that I will loose this weight and that is my promise to everyone and myself. And I asked God to help me and I know that I will loose it now because with His help how could not reach my goal. Well so I don;t sound like I'm preaching here. thanks for your support and I hope that everyone out there knows that it doesn't hurt to have Him on your side, After all, you have not because you ask not. God bless all and I;ll keep letting you know my progress.
I'm new to this site and don't know any of you through this as of yet but in time I'll get friends so I can hear their stories too. I like to know what progree you guys are making so I can say it is possible when I'm at a low and maybe wanting to gic=ve up. I know it could happen thats why Im over weight now because i've been on a diet all my life seems like. Okay talk to ya later , Rick
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 05:18
Registered Member

BF:

Howdy Rick,
There's always a first time for everyone. Can you believe it, I joined this forum just 3 months ago and the people I've met here are so great (you must be reading the posts between Aubby and me, so you have an idea). Dont worry, before you say Jack Sprat, you'll have a pile of pals and all the support that comes with having pals.
Rick, most of us here have been on some diet or the other most of our lives. That's probably why we're the size we are. Stick with this diet, I'm sure you will knock off those pounds and what's more important, they'll stay off. Bye the way, congrats on the first 15. That's really awesome!!
Bye now and let us know how you get on.
Anu
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 01:07
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
I'm glad you could spend some time with your mom. I'm sure she looks forward to it and the phone calls. Unfortunately, our lives are such that more often than not, to earn a living we have to stay far away from our folks and in their time of need we are not as accessible as we should be.
What kind of work do you do Patricia? Do you have the option of flexi hours?
Well I work full time too and with 2 kiddies (and a hubby who thinks he's a kiddie too!!), time is a commodity very hard to come by. Sometimes I feel life Rip Van Winkle....one I'll wake up and find that I'm an old haggard crone!
Patricia, sounds like you're really busy with the doc and your work, so BFN, talk to you later.
Anu
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 04:17

BF:
Progress:

Hey Anu, well I try to see mom as often as possible she lives on a island , so its expensive to travel back and forth you take the bridge or boat , max its about 2hrs to get there (not bad) i leave earlier lol but i only have the one big kid to take with me (hubby) and one puppy of course lol and yes im busy with my job , I manage a flower shop ,hrs are long but i love the job part of it, my parents immigrated from holland and the floral/plant theme is in my blood I have been with that company for 8yrs... how old are your kiddies? I admire you anu . you have your hands full , i wonder at work how some of the girls do it with 2 and 3 kids etc etc i just dont think i could ... but i guess the kids come first and one always manages for time , Im to old for the kiddy thing now so i will keep my puppy lolol well all the best for a great day Anu, i have 2 dr appts next week , and doing the flowers for my nephew wedding, im excited well take care , be good from ... Patricia
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 11:42

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubby
MissScruff WOW you have lost a lot of weight? Congrad's thats so wonderful, I have lost 20 kilo's and now stuck but thats also OK I sure agree with you as its terrible to watch your parents in pain and all the sickness etc Its so sad, it really breaks my heart, things have been so rough for my mom last couple of yrs and the pain she is in ...its unbearbale for me ! but she still has her spirts ! wel Im late for work , lol so take care ... have a good day ...

Thanks on the congrats. It has taken me a long time to get back to the weight loss I am showing and I feel so much better! I sure hope all is going better with Mom. It really is hard to watch them suffer and not being able to do anything for them except being there. Through all of this you have to remember to take care of yourself as well. My Dad is doing much better than he has in a long time and we are so grateful for that!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 06:39

BF:
Progress:

hey miss scruff , glad your dad is doing better, i visited with my mom on the weekend, she is in a lot of pain mom still has her spirt though one good thing , i try to visit her as much as possible , sad to get old . so how is your weight loss now ? Im maintaining no gain or loss lol but thats ok , i have lost 20.5 kilo's and dam proud lolol i broke for the first time in 6mths at my nephews wedding but went back to the low carb the next day well time to go to work , take care and have a great day
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 06:46

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu how have you been ? I been doing good, broke on the weekend for my nephews wedding (yes i BROKE) haha best was the cake lol casue i love cake , but i jumped back on the low carb wagon the next day Im stalled now but have lost inches i went to see mom on the weekend, shes not well , so i will go home next week for a few days during the week ,Im busy with work and life, and i have a feeling you are also , Im just wondering is all is okay with you ???well i wanted to say hello to you , i hope all is well with you and the family and take care of yourself Anu ...Im of to work argggggggggggggggggg greetings from Patricia canada bye bye
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 04:43

BF:
Progress:

morning Anu, just wondering how you are ? i have checked a million times for messages , and wanted to leave another to say hello to you and i hope all is fine on your end.take care and have a great weekend, I have to work the next 8 days straight than back to see mom , bye bye (thinking and hoping all is well with you take care ) patricia
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 05:48

BF:
Progress:

wow Anu its been close to a month and no Anu Yikes... i hope all is well with you my dear ,I miss seeing your posts, all is the same with me.... no more lose but thats also ok still doing good, and still going home each week to see mom, always busy here.... well i really hope all is well with you and your family Anu.... I will have a busy time from now to ch'mas here YIKESSSS , again i hope you are fine .... take care greetings from NB Canada .... bye bye
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 00:44
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Sorry about the long gap......I lost my mother on the 22nd of October. i was away from the 10th and just returned. As I told you earlier, she had all kinds of problems....diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease and to top it all, renal failure. She was admitted to one of the best hospitals and they advised her to go in for bypass surgery. She never woke up after the operation.
To say that i feel shattered is an understatement. At the oddest moments I remember things that I would have just asked my mom about and now i suddenly remember that, No she's not there to ask. My dad is really grieving. For the last two years he devoted every moment to her and now he's at a total loss. I've brought him back to Calcutta with me and I hope the change will do him good.
Patricia, I hope things are fine with you and your hubby. Take good care of yourself. Will write again later.
Anu
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 04:55

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu. Im so very very sorry for your loss, and your mom will always be with you , take care of your dad and your family and your self, Im always here if you ever like to talk and take the time you need Anu , take good care and Im truly so sorry , patricia ...