Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 00:54

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

i cycle carb but mostly i love being on the low carb cycle altho try to keep the lower fat sort of

welcome tracy!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 01:16

Plan: None
Stats: 132/110/105 Female 153cm
BF:
Progress:

hi dazzlin182

its nice to find some1 from the same town. nid to find out some answers from you.....what sort of fruits should i take? i mean while i'm on low carb? any ideas what sort of food should i take?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 23:49

BF:

from what i read here most people eat berry kinda fruits but here berries mahal!!!! i checked at isetan etc almost 25.00!!! i think at strict phases you just limit fruits intake for 1-2 weeks i suppose, but if you could afford it why not kan....i mean i dont mind strawberries but not payin more than 20 bucks for little gram of blueberries...at least thats my opinion. i happened not having to lose much so my sort of lc style eating is somewhat....hmm not so strict..but i dont usually eat anything like too much sugar fruits tho (e.g. watermelon, banana pun kurang...even rambutan i think twice haha!). again, it really depends.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 08:22
Registered Member

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 152/143/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:38%
Progress: 28%

Stevia is now officially in the market - I got it at Guardian - 50 sachets at $10. Finally!!! Now can extend the menu a little bit more.

I think buying the Advantage Bars is a total waste of money. Can buy it to try once or twice but to keep stock .... that's a bomb of $$$$ even with their discounts. Plus it seems they do cause stalls so ..... well, for me it doesn't look as if its worth it ... anyways, me always pokai one lah ....
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 10:15

BF:
Progress:

Can also get Eversweet..also does not contain aspartame.....I'm kind of maintaining my weight now but then just now I went out of control..I took tandoori chicken, tomyam seafood and even a puff....mati...I never been like this for the past 3 mths, like just came out of pudu jail and that was 11pm...sure die...

Do you guys realised that sometimes we can be heavier by 1.5kg???? Usually at nite..anyone can explain, so which is more accurate?
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 10:30
Registered Member

What does EverSweet contain ahh?? I know this brand but forgot the ingredient. I have always prefer Stevia cos it is from a natural form not synthetic or artifical. Plus Stevia does not have an effect on your blood glucose or it is more stable on the glucose or something like that lah ....

You know, I used to binge like hell too ... especially during the nite teh tarik time ..... don't feel guilty lah, just be more focus tomorrow.. and errrr, was it a curry puff or a fag puff???

Yeah, we are normally heavier at night cos of all the food and drinks intake ..... usually people like to count their morning measurement as accurate - after pee-pee and poo-poo and on empty stomach.... me, I like to consider my nite weight as accurate cos that is when I am the heaviest and the clothes starting feel smuggie ...
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 10:32
Registered Member

P/s: I like the Pudu Jail feeling too ... gets me high!! but big pay back later.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 07:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amistad
What does EverSweet contain ahh
everswett is like splenda - it is sucralose. i pakai tu je but the worst is that they dont have in granular or anything (for baking) so its like you have to buy lot of boxes lol. i even called the company asked them whether they got any other form they said no and i told them why not......this is very popular sweetener to diabetic n low carbers and i suggested to the lady there they could make more money just making them in granular or in bigger packet......

re: binge alamak no problem. im also the same now im kinda off it but usually i dont really feel guilty i just flush all the carb next day by not eating any for some time but i cannot like not eating nasi lemak, tandoori, roti garlic sumer....haha truly malaysian kan anyway.....the key is always know your limit then get back on track.

hey anyway amistad - woah i tak tau pun kat guardian ada steviaa thanks for the tips definitely would go check it out.

at nite, all the "fat of the day" etc gets accumulated haha thats why heavier.....just jokin
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 09:20
Registered Member

Hey dazz ooi, the stevia is called Stevico. If you can get last month's Ezyhealth, there is an article on it. But then you can get tons on the net too.
Yeah, it is tough we don't have granules and low carb cereal, etc. Even Stevia I have been asking for the last 3 years! Always had to tumpang my friends when they go to Australia and it cost a bomb cos of the rate of exchange!

I miss cereals the most - oats, nestum, spirulina, corn flakes, squares, muesli ...oh my God!!! But when i get to my goal weigh, I will have them like once a week and then I will starve for two days to kill all the high carb!

Do you guys exercise? And what do you do for low-carb food?? Keen to know ...
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 09:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amistad
Hey dazz ooi, the stevia is called Stevico.
thank you! never knew that!

Quote:
Always had to tumpang my friends when they go to Australia and it cost a bomb cos of the rate of exchange!
omg lawak...lawak....but now stevia n mock splenda is here so need not worry. i just ordered splenda and couple of other lc junks LOL from my friend who flew here tomorrow. i told my cousin n the whole family there next time when she comes back home, puhlease bring the whole plane full of atkins products LOL...altho i dont think i really want them..

but one thing, these products are super useful when you're way too lazy to even lift your finger......im so pemalas i tell ya when my lazy hits then my eating gets worst!

Quote:
But when i get to my goal weigh, I will have them like once a week and then I will starve for two days to kill all the high carb!
that sounds like a plan. u'd make it! i usually flushed around 4-5 days no carb (starchy,wheat) then added some back.

Quote:
Do you guys exercise?
i did bfl before. finished one challange. almost got there with a flatter tummy lol but doh...fell off the wagon and gets bloated again...

oh well...now counting days to start over...new year maybe? lol
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 20:54
Registered Member

Have you tried out any baking yet? I have a target to weigh 63kgs on Monday (!).... I am still at 65kgs today. So, soon as I get to 63kgs (looks like its not gonna be Monday!) thot I try out some simple low carb stuff with pumpkin. If you got any good receipe, let me know ok.

If you got a range of low-carb stuff to distribute (sell) let me know, especially cereals ... ahhh but then again, the prices will kill ... sorrylah, me doing me full time study and not working for the past three years so have to be abit conscience.... no rich parents ... what to do ....
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 21:59

BF:

i also miskin diet nie took lot of guts and $$$.....usually i use pumpkin to make pumpkin snack tu or kadang2 guna almond meal untuk baking (choc cake for example) i found almond meal 500g about 7.00 kat giant. theres no lc products here so tak tahu gak mana nak beli...so far i notice kat netrition.com but shipping cost?
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 21:55
Registered Member

Oh, I will not fork out for shipping costs, etc .... it might be most expensive than the product itself AND the product might get confiscated!! that is one thing we should also consider.

Where to get the receipe for the chocolate cake you bake? I also get almondmeal for that $ but normally buy all my baking stuff at the Taman Tun market - there is a shop that sells all baking stuff and very fresh too.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 06:52

BF:
Progress:

i've been taking replacement meals with my low carb diet..try not to touch rice and noodle, really crave for it tho....like morning i either have skimmed milk with replacement meal or butter/low fat cheese with multigrain bread (2 slices) then noon also same either one, then lots of fruits if hungry..then usually by nite time, i go amok, lose control and eat a lot but usually try to cut down or go low carb lar...off and on also curi makan.........then regret later....

drank alcohol on friday..worst!

if anyone wans to go private can email me at tracy~progins.po.my
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 10:36
Registered Member

Tracy, your email add correct or not?? check ...