Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 18:10
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Just curious on your menu Ellie.. what were your total calories and fat percentages if you dont mind me asking.. (do you log in fitday?)

Dawn
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 19:33

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dawn, I am sorry...not using fitday. I am not worrying about calories right now, my goal is to get into a deep ketosis.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 21:23

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

well, after hemming and hawing, i have decided to do my own "re-induction". i don't think i can stick with as strict as atkins. so here is what i will do. atkins induction as far as meat/cheese/cream/eggs go. but i am not worrying about veggies. i will eat whatever veggie i feel up to. but that will be all for me, meat/dairy/eggs/veggies/water. (and my 22ozmug-o-coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2 and splenda in the morning to get me through the 45min commute) i will try to stick with this for a couple of days and then add berries and nuts back at the end of the week. all while staying under 30 net carbs per day.

if that doesn't kick me outta my craving/cheating mode, i will try something stricter and see what happens.

wish me luck!!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 07:27
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Good morning. Went away for a long weekend with good friends. The kids all had a great time seeing each other again and just chasing all over and playing. They live across the street for the school so we made lots of trips to the playground to climb and slide. Had fun swinging. I love the feeling of being so high in the sky ( was teasing my leg work out was the pumping action). Unfortunately, my friend did not have much available for me to stick with things. Everytime we made attempts to buy things she was slightly offended that she wasn't a good cook or provider for us. So the bad news, I sucked it up and ate what was there. I tried to make good choices but there was lots of sugar and white flour so the carbs added up quickly. Needless to say my weight is up to 171.5. I am notkicking myself too hard because I plan to get right back at things today. I intend to stick with mygoals from last week plus an addition

1 Run 30 min Monday - Friday ( may add a day this week)
2 Activities with kids on Saturday and Sunday involving exercise
3 Write down food everyday
4 Maintain 40 carbs a day
5 Drink 10 glasses of water a day
6 Do quiet mediative time each day
7 Be kind to myself, we all make mistakes. (my new one)

Dawn I wish I could have had an upfront parking for the fireworks. I did manage to catch some yesterday from our front porch. Wrapped up in my blanket and really enjoyed them. I missed lots because if they don't shot them high enough to clear the houses but the ones I show we spectacular. It is kinda of breathtaking when some of them go off. It is almost mesmorizing to watch them. Next year I want to take the kids. Had planned to at our friend's house but they don't start them until 10:15 and the younger kids were losing it so we left to put them to bed. I can wait, with all the festivals here in the summer maybe I can sneak some in.

Love reading everyones lists. We all have a lot of good things about ourselves. It is fun to read these because we actually acknowledge for ourselves what we have been doing for each other in our conversations.

Well, I am off to run. Have a good day everyone.

Therese
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 15:49

BF:
Progress:

Good afternoon! On day 2 and feeling like crap. Have the induction headache and nausea. So far today:

B 1 cup coffee w/cream, 2 eggs, 2 sl bacon
S - 1 deviled egg
L - chicken wings
D - not sure yet

I have also managed to get down 75 oz of water, have horrible cotton mouth so it has been easy to drink

#66   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 17:32

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamellie
I have also managed to get down 75 oz of water, have horrible cotton mouth so it has been easy to drink.

I prefer my water in cube form surrounded by Irish whiskey!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 19:09

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
I prefer my water in cube form surrounded by Irish whiskey!

Ellie, I hear that this helps with the nausea, and the headache will soon be forgotton! It sounds like by the way you are feeling that you will be hitting ketosis in no time!!!

I am tweaking my eating plan also, I usually love to have some lc hot cocoa after my breakfast, well this morning I had it first, and guess what, I DID NOT EAT as much! AHHHA! I am going to try it again tomorow, and my goal is to start not haveing the hot cocoa all the time, I am going to try some tea with that fiber sweetener to cut my carbs and calories, I hope this will work!

Therese, Are you running outside or on the treadmill?? Do you have days that you feel like you had an easy run and others that it was a struggle to finish? I do that alot and it gets so frustrating!!! PS I like it that you are writing down your goals, GOOD IDEA!!!!

Michele, good luck on the reinduction!!!

Dawn, cute cartoon with the dog, do you just cut and paste????

Elaine, HI there! where are you at today??

Well I better get going if I am going to attempt to keep up with Therese's pace!!

Have a good one!!
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:50

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning.

well yesterday went well, i ate more then ellie, but somehow still managed to stay under 30 net carbs. ellie-- don't know how you get throught the day with so little to eat. for some reason, the loss of hunger never happens to me!!

i am trying to do better using my journal these days so i am tracking what i eat over there. (as well as fitday).

lissette-- i have those days with running all the time. sometimes i feel like i could go forever, others it is a struggle every step of the way.

i am still trying to think of my list of 5!!

have a great day everybody!!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 10:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

"well yesterday went well, i ate more then ellie, but somehow still managed to stay under 30 net carbs. ellie-- don't know how you get throught the day with so little to eat. for some reason, the loss of hunger never happens to me!!"
Boy that's me to a T. I am trying to do my own induction which, until I can do a decent grocery shop next week, is basically eating as clean and close to induction as possible. And drinking a lot of water, which I do all the time anyway.
I managed to do some of my five goals this weekend. I drank plenty of water, did my aerobics tape, swam laps. Did not do my pilates tape yet. This fatigue thing is taking a while to leave.

Elaine
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 10:20

BF:
Progress:

Acutally ended up eating quite a bit yesterday . I ate about 8 deviled eggs through the course of the day, a very large chicken breast (great recipe, will post a little later), small salad, SF jello and whipped cream. I went to the gym last night ...big mistake! Felt like crap.

Also...while doing induction don't limit your foods during the first week.

Michele - My appetite won't decrease unless I bring my carbs way down..reason why I am doing Atkins 72.

Bawdy

Shelly - Hope eliminating the cocoa helps

Elaine - YOU GO GIRL!!!!

#71   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Hi everyone. I had a good day yesterday. I had 32 carbs for the day and was not really hunger at all. I really focused on getting my water in which helps keep the appetite in check.

My weight today is down to 168.5 so I am diuresing lots of the excess fluids but the pounds are still there. Atleast it is moving in the right direction. It also reinforces the need to stay hydrated so I keep diuresing.

Had terrible sinus headache yesterday and today. I can feel it in my ears,eyes, and jaw. Using my cherry pit pac so I can get it focused right where I need it. Even resorting to Tylenol which is doing little, probably try some hot tea later. I know some quiet rest would help but the kids are quite wild today and it is raining out so they won't be outside unfortunately.

Lisette, I have kept my running to the treadmill. I find if I go outside I tend to be more prone to shin splints. I also know I wouldn't be able to go with the kids so this is my guarantee to get it in. I know what you mean about some days are easy. I sometimes have to bargain with myself to finish the run because there are days I could walk off after 5 minutes. I keep telling myself this is one of the reasons I don't have to take my blood pressure medicine. I figure most medication takes 45 minutes to start to work so I am just giving myself 30-40 minutes of running as my medication. It is sure cheaper than the drugs. I think Fridays are my worst day because I know I am off on Saturday and Sunday.

I think writing my goals makes me accountable for what I do. I think this really helps me stay focused on things. It is even helping with some clean living.

Bawdy, I like the ice crush with margaritas

Song, what crafts and sewing stuff are you into? I do quilting and some clothes construction. Made shorts for everyone last week.

The LC cocoa is one of my downfalls. I find I just need to limit my chocolate exposure because otherwise I always want more. I find now I can treat myself with nuts or even some yogurt with nuts, cinnamon and vanilla. Either of these snacks/treats tend to be self limiting.

Having a late lunch. Didn't get going until later this am on account of the headache. It is making me slightly queasy so I am not eating much.

Hope everyone does well today.

Therese
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 12:50
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Managed to waste my day away.. well, not really waste.. did alot, but not all that I wanted..namely I wanted to get to curves, now I dont think I am going to make it.. heading over to the office, have 2 clients til dinner time, and not sure I can squeeze in a curves tonite.

Ah..such is life.

I am hardly EVER hungry... if I get 'hungry' its more boredom/munchie type of nothingsoundsgoodnothingtastesgoodletseatsomethingelsenothatwasntitwhats nextIAMBORED hungry!

Have a good day...
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 13:27

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI all!
This is going to be a fly-by thread to day! We are heading to Rapid since my daughter is in labor as I type! By the time that I get back to you all I will be a proud grandma to baby #3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I guess I will get light weight lifting in whilest I am there!)Depending on the babie's weight!!!

Have a great day and I will be giving you all an update soon!
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 14:01

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hello all
been good, been bad but still at 182 *sigh* at least not going up*shrug*
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 06:33
Registered Member

Well, the good news is I am back down to 166.5. I know I have been here before so the bad news is if I had not put the weight on last week I would have dropped below the 166.5. Oh well, now I am back and plan to continue the downward journey.

The sinus headache is still there but is letting up a little. Fortunately hubby came home early yesterday so I actually took some downtime during the day. It helped.

My appetite is not to great with my sinuses flairing so that is a good thing. I almost have to make myself want to get my protein in. Yesterday at lunch all I could handle was LC toast with a little low sugar spread. I thought about using the LC options chicken noodle soup but they are so high in salt and with trying to getting the pounds back off I really didn't want to try that option.

Lisette, congratulations on the impending arrival of the grandbaby. I bet it fun to be able to see the babies. Enjoy ! I love baby toes they are so cute :

Not much scheduled today. I am going to get running and help up with cutting the lawn. We are cutting the neighbor's because they are out of town til the weekend and it is getting long so I will have an adding work out today.

HI to everyone Hope you all have a good clean day.

Therese
Closed Thread