Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 05:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Shawn - Yeah I though Si6 was boring too and there wasn't any way I'd be able to do the same workout for weeks on end. That is why I was gonna send mine back too but that is when they offered me 50%. Then I couldn't resist keeping it. I ended up getting Slim Series too, which is definitely better.

And regarding the "everything exercise thread". On this thread and the Firm thread we talk about other exercise we do (HIIT, jump rope, running other tapes etc. Firm & Beachbody are more of a home base for commonality). I just like sticking to these two threads so I can actually get to know a few people I'm talking too. If we have an "everything exercise" thread you are gonna get so many people going to it we probably won't be able to tell everyone apart. I mean you can still do it, I'd probably post there too , I just prefer to post to people having some of the same interests as me exercise wise even if we do some other things too.

27 of 36 today. Yay less than 10 more to go. Still haven't lost any weight from these workouts but I can definitely see more definition in my abs and butt. Haven't checked my measurements this week yet. Just happy I'm almost done with this Series.

jenny
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 08:28

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I admire you for sticking with it, Jenny. I bailed on P90 w/ BSS2---not that I won't ever go back to it, but I just missed the FIRM too much. I also missed the soreness in the old buttocks--maybe he wasn't working them enough. That FL is priceless! P90 is still a great workout, and it can really wipe me out, but I needed my girlfriends!
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 20:54

Mamasara - Maybe you can switch off between BSS2 and P90. Even if you don't like it as much it might be good to just change things up so your body doesn't get used to the Firms so much. I totally know what you are saying though, I'm really missing my normal workouts too. After this next rotation I do expect to just incorporate everything.

8 more to go for me!!!! I'm really trudging through at this point but I can see the finish line atleast.

Jenny
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/149/135 Female 5 feet 3.5 inch
BF:39 %/28%/
Progress: 86%

hi everyone I just picked up the power 90 tapes and have a few quick questions should they be done daily? I am also doing pilates and circuit training (mwf with hydralic resistance)
thanks
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 11:35

Hi, Yvette! If you got the tapes and they didn't come with the booklet, yes, they should be done daily. Alternate Sculpt 1/2 and Cardio 1/2 with one day off per week. When they get easier (somewhere around day 45?), move up to 3/4's. I guess if you want to see what will happen in 90 days, you should just stick with the P90.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 14:07

great thank you. The tapes did not come with a booklet I got the tapes at a garage sale :-) for $5 . So one day i do cardio one day i do scultp, now should I do the sculpt tape the same day I am doing circuit training?
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 03:38

$5! What a deal! The Sculpt tape is a pretty good total body weight workout (I assume you have dumbbells at home?), so you don't need to do the circuit training at all. It wears me out; there is no way I could do both! If you've been lifting, you'll probably find that after learning the moves you can go right to 3/4 for more intensity. I did. If you want to continue circuits, you could just substitute Sculpt for one or more of the days.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 16:45

Yes I do have dumbells and that elastic band, I thought that tape 1/2 was not too hard maybe tomorrow I will go to 3/4 so is it ok to do it daily? I also found that pilates dvd at the garage sale amazing what people get rid of, now just to figure out what that ring thing does that it came with.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 05:34

Did you get Sculpt and Sweat? You need to skip a day between Sculpt tapes, so your muscles can rebuild---just like the circuit training at the gym. It's supposed to be Sculpt, Sweat, Sculpt, Sweat, Sculpt, Sweat, Day off. For variety, you could substitute a different type of cardio or sculpting.

Can't help you with the ring-thing! I know less than nothing about Pilates!

How's the SS coming, Jen? About done? Can't wait to hear the final results!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:56

Ok great advice now one more question the day I go to do the circuit training is that they day I should do the sculpt or sweat tape? Thanks again
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 17:59

Well I'm almost done with Slim Series but considering I didn't adjust my eating I'm not sure of the results right now. All I know is I'm seriously missing my REAL cardio. I'm going to be Firming for a week after SS then switching to P90x.

My DH had hand surgery today so today was rest day. I worked out on my usual off day (Sunday) to accomodate this but I still feel all out of wack. Though I did take like a mile long walk around the hospital and surrounding neighborhood while he was in surgery I still feel like a fat pig today cause of all the coffee I drank and almonds I ate while waiting even after my walk. It was so boring and I think I read every magazine they had in the place. The upside was that I got a day break from the kids though.

Anyhow thinking about going back to induction for a bit. While I'm not cheating technically I almost sure I'm eating too much.

Anyway I'll keep you updated.

Jenny
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 05:59

Yvette--Well, neither, really. If you're doing the circuit training, you can do Sweat afterward, but that is probably too much exercising (depending on how much you work at the circuits). If you did circuit/sweat on the same day, the next day you would do sweat again and you'd never get to sculpt. I would try something like this:
M: Sculpt
T: Sweat
W: Circuit
R: Sweat
F: Sculpt
S: Sweat

Then the next week, do circuit M and F and do Sculpt only W. That way you can still use your membership and won't get as bored. Make sense?
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 12:11

sounds like a plan I will try that for the next month and see how it works out, thanks so much!!
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:27

Hey fellow beachbodies,

Only three more SS's before I get to move on!!!! THANK GOD. I can truly say I've had my fill. I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for rotations. The first couple weeks were fine but now I'm just dreading my workouts even though I have only a few left.

Although I have definitely lost inches, especially in my waist. It was 33 starting out and now its 29. Which for me is great, I'm naturally lg waisted due to my body type so I'm happy with 29 though if it gets smaller I'll be even more happy . If I'm not too embarrassed of them I'll post my before and afters soon. I haven't taken them yet as its TOM but I do plan to this week.

jenny
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 10:46

ONLY 2 more!! I think I can....I think I can....

Did P90x (cardio x) on Sunday....Love that workout. Tried to do AB ripper X, I did ok but that is the only ab workout I've ever done in my life I had to take a break during. It IS KILLLER. And I don't mean "I want those abs" killer I mean the hardest Ab workout I've ever encountered in my life killler.