Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

irisda - glad ya found us!!!

jon - so what was it about it that made you quit? Especially 17 days before the end!!!!

Tomorrow is Tear it up of Slim Series. It is the only one I haven't tried yet. So Monday will be starting the round again. I can tolerate all of them ok accept the Firm it up because its an entire tape of lower body....squats and squats and then go figure more squats. But hey I take solace in the fact there is not one lunge in this one, I hate those, which is probably why I need 'em. And the way I figure, in four weeks i'll only do this tape four times, I can handle that.

How's everyone's workouts goin'?

jenny
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/135/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Today is my 5th day of Si6 "Ramp it Up" the leg work was a little easier today...still burned like hell...apparently this is a good thing. I have decided to stay with the hand weights...I feel I am getting a better workout since I can work both sides at once. I have always felt it was a waste to do only one side at a time. In every tape I have I alway work both sides when the instructor is only working one side.

JBird: I am thinking of buying the Slim Series when my six weeks is up. There is also a 7th tape for SI6...does anyone know about that...I may just go with that one.

Irisda, how's it going with your workouts?

clgrein, it does get better each day with the floor leg work.

So Jzieg are you going to start again?

This is really helpful to be able to discuss our workouts.

Shawn

Last edited by ~Shawn~ : Fri, Jun-18-04 at 21:22.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 03:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/207/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Just something funny to share, maybe you had to be there, lol

My sister was doing my Slim tapes with me, and when it got to the leg work.... after Debby instructed the 3rd different movement on the leg, and you have yet to put it down, My skinny, healthy sister.....said....That b!$&? is crazyyyyyy....

I had to stop and just laugh.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 05:28

Quote:
That b!$&? is crazyyyyyy....

clgrein - I completely relate!!

Shawn - Yeah I think the tape you are thinking of is Keep it up. It is the follow up tape to Si6 but I don't believe it comes with the Slim Series. I think you have to order it seperate. I haven't decided yet if I will get it because from what I've read on the video fitness forum it is similar to BIU. After doing Tear it up today I'm convinced that is most definitely the hardest one and unless I get bored with the 6, I'll probably just stick with them.

And if the hand weights work for you then I say stick with it. I've just been using hand weights for so long with all my Firm workouts that I enjoy something different with the bands. But since you like hand weights you will especially love the Slim Series, there is very little band work, almost all of it is light hand weights.

I have to say I really like the fact Debbie does not neglect the inner thigh, although I'm callin' her names in my head sometimes while doing the inner thigh work. I still think its good because even in all my Firm videos and my Joyce Vedrals, they do not put enough emphasis on the inner thigh, which I dont' understand, since that is a problem area for almost any woman I know.

Anyhow I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. One of our horses is racing tonight, wish us luck!!

jenny
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 10:49
Busty McChacha

Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I dunno if anyone else does this but I use my fanny lifter to assist (the firm) with the leg work in RIU. It keeps my back straight so I can really isolate the leg muscles and not cheat by not having a straight back. It made an amazing difference when I started using it. Who else sees red when Debbie says "if its burning its working"
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 23:08
Registered Member

BF:

Today was my 6th day...it does get easier every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisda
I dunno if anyone else does this but I use my fanny lifter to assist (the firm) with the leg work in RIU. It keeps my back straight so I can really isolate the leg muscles and not cheat by not having a straight back. It made an amazing difference when I started using it. Who else sees red when Debbie says "if its burning its working"

Hi Irisda...how do you use the step?
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 09:03
Busty McChacha

Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:

When you go down on all fours I was having trouble keeping my back aligned. I used the fannylifter as sort of a bridge. Making it impossible to cheat by not keeping a straight back. It just keeps me aligned. I think you would have to have done the firm to see in your mind's eye how its done. Maybe someone else who has done it can explain it better.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 17:50
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisda
When you go down on all fours I was having trouble keeping my back aligned. I used the fannylifter as sort of a bridge. Making it impossible to cheat by not keeping a straight back. It just keeps me aligned. I think you would have to have done the firm to see in your mind's eye how its done. Maybe someone else who has done it can explain it better.

I wonder if a regular step would work? I know the fannylifter is 14 inches?
My step is 8 inches...I might try it just to see if it helps.

Went out for a run this morning...started to late...so it was too warm out...I don't like to exercise when the weather is too warm...didn't help that I went out last night and had a couple of glasses of wine.

Tomorrow I start on my second week of "Ramp it Up"...I think I will do it maybe twice next week then start on "Burn it up".
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 06:35

Hello Beachbodies!!

Well I did Shape it up today of the Slim Series 17/36. I didn't feel so tired today as I tried to get to bed no later than 10 last night. Now I have to get up by 5:30 cause these workouts are so long. They don't feel so long but timewise they are. I'm surprised so many people in this world find time for 78 min. workouts.

Anyway Irisda - that is a good idea with the fanny lifter as a bridge. I should try that, great back support, which I need.

Shawn - I can't stand to workout when its hot either. Every morning I start my workout with the AC off and about 5 min into it I have to turn it on. And when I run, if it is hot, forget about it, I just don't have the energy to keep the pace up. But ya know, its a good thing we dont' like it cause then we won't do it during hot times. My 9 year old nephew just witnessed a 24 yo guy at the neighborhood basketball court die of a heat stroke last week... so with that in mind I say take it easy in that heat.

Was just thinking today that I'm going on vacation the first week of August, so I'm debating now about whether to start P90x after that since I don't want to have to take all the weights with me. I'll probably just take Slim Series or some other workouts that don't require much equipment. Just dissapointed because I was really looking forward to starting it July 12 when I'm done with Slim Series. Oh well... I guess it won't kill me to wait a little longer.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Jenny
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 11:33

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!

Still waiting for my P90 to come.....

But I'm wondering the same thing, Jenny--what to do on vacation. We'll be going the last week in July. I hate to drag weights, and there is certainly no room for a fanny lifter! Does the P90 use weights or just the bands? We could do that, if no weights are needed!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 12:20

Mamasara - I'm not sure. I checked the site and looked at P90 to see what it said. I could only find info on the bands but if you go to Video Fitness forum or the beach body forums you might be able to find out. Though I think you'll probably be getting it in the mail any day now and then you can just check 'em out.

jenny
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 153/145/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:

Hey gals, I am on day 51 of p90 and did si6 before that.

Mamasara-there is a booklet that comes with your p90 that lists the excercises in it. You can take that along on vacation and just use bands. I got my bands at Target, I think.

I have had a fatigue problem lately, too, and decided that since we were going on a camping trip this past weekend, I would skip my Fri and Sat workouts. Today was much better. I had a lot more energy. I am going for 20% carbs and 1800 calories this week to see if that helps, too. I just don't understand the CKD and TKD well enough to attempt that. Plus, I don't handle sugar well at all so I am going to give this a try.

I am so glad you have thread for Beachbodies! The Beachbody boards are great for excercise support, but not the diet if you don't follow their plan.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:45
Registered Member

BF:

I was wondering... Can I do my video with the resistance training on the days that I lift at the gym?
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Personal opinion: keep it for alternate days. Usually, the resistance component is minimal, but you'll be tired from the lifting, and you need rest to grow.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 22:32
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks! Built, I do have another question for you. why is it, that I did the res. band on Saturday, knew I had done really well, went out that night, fine, woke up on Sunday just fine, but when I woke up this morning every muscle in my body hurt, felt like an 80 year old women trying to crawl up the stairs!!!

Does this happen from time to time, delayed reaction?