Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 07:04

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default T-Tapp

Has anyone tried this? or even heard of it?? I came accross it yesterday while surfing. I've found some information and reviews of the videos, but at present it just sounds too good to be true.

For those interested Teresa Tapp

Any input would be welcome,
Nat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 13:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/145/127
BF:
Progress:
Default t-tap

I've heard about them too. My mom does weight watchers and a lot of people there are talking about it. It's waayyyy expensive though. I don't have enough money to purchase them, but they do look interesting. I wonder if they work as well as they say they do.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-01, 22:21

BF:

Hey, thanks for answering butterfly! I've actually found some of the exercises and printed them out along with clips from the videos... I've been doing them for about 2 weeks and I've found that a few areas where I hadnt lost a quarter of an inch in 6 weeks are actually improving. This is a link to the page where the exercises are explained and pictured if you're (or anyone else) is interested. http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/womansworld/page3.asp

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:13

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey Nat!

I went to your link and decided to try searching for lymphatic drainage, body brushing etc....I FOUND INSTRUCTIONS!!!

http://www.indiaworld.co.in/rec/beauty/brush.html

at least it's a start! Going to do some more research, thanks for the link, lady!

Muse
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:17

BF:

Here is another exerpt I found on the topic ( the first link mentions moving in the direction of the heart more specifically, but this is good general info)

Body brushing is a good way to stimulate blood circulation. Because the skin is an organ of elimination (and the largest one in the body), many toxins can be eliminated if you stimulate the circulation and the lymph system by brushing the skin. Use a loofah or a body sponge and brush in circular motions to remove the dead skin cells. Pay special attention to the elbows, knees, shoulders, the back and thighs. Do this every day before bathing or showering. Also, keep the temperature of your bath water a little higher that of your skin so as to stimulate sluggish circulation.

Smoother skin is a spin-off of this toxin-eliminating regimen, which leaves you feeling invigorated and truly bright-eyed.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:22

BF:

OKAY THIS IS THE LAST ONE.....

Here's another excerpt:

Body brushing
I’m becoming evangelical about dry body brushing. After years of seeing models and celebrities strip to their smalls on shoots, I can testify that all the ones with little or no cellulite recommend body brushing (the Big Breakfast presenter Amanda Byram is also a recent convert). Elemis and the Body Shop both do body brushes; use long, gentle sweeping strokes from the feet upwards, over the abdomen, then along the arms, and down from the shoulders to the chest, always moving in the direction of the heart. It stimulates the lymph system, which aids the elimination of toxins, and it boosts blood flow, aids circulation and removes dead skin cells to reveal the smoother, firmer surface beneath. It takes only two minutes a day, but it’s the fastest, cheapest, most effective body treatment around.

If you can’t spare an extra two minutes to body brush in the mornings, a good scrub keeps that holiday feeling alive — close your eyes and think of sand on your legs. But don’t be tempted to moisturise a tan to make it last — nothing looks less attractive than scaly skin clinging on by the sheer force of heavy-duty body lotions. Better to scrub and go paler but have smooth, glowing legs.

The author is the beauty director at Instyle magazine

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0...1303478,00.html
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:49

BF:

Yep, that's the stuff I read of the FAQ page. Nice detective work I can attest to the smoother skin, and the great feeling afterward.

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

Nice thread. I am going to try these exercises and the brushing over the weekend. I'm interested in knowing if you guys have kept it up and your results.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:20

BF:

I have kept up the brushing and some of the exercise (until just recently when I started another program). The brushing has made a huge difference in the softness and elasticity of my skin. This time of year I find my skin is very dry and itchy, so far so good, the brushing and then mosturizing after a shower has taken care of that.

While I was doing the awesome legs moves I noticed a change in my thighs, Theresa claims if you do the bootcamp religiously w/in 2 weeks you'll notice a one inche loss in your thighs, I noticed this in about 3 weeks (where there had been no change the first 2 months of PP) of not so religious use of the move. Could have been that I was due to lose there, could have been because of the move. I will tell you though, it's a killer

Nat
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking my first time

Today was the first time i tried the brushing....i greatly enjoyed it...i brushed and then took a nice hot shower and put my lotion on afterwards i'll let yall know in a couple of weeks how its going
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 17:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default T-Tapp

Why did I not see this thread originally?? I discovered T-Tapp back in July. I tried it, but too intense for my fibro-bod ... for right now. It reminds me a lot of Callanetics -- short, intense movements that target specific muscle groups. But they are different.

I did subscribe to the (free) T-Tapp newsletter though .. lately it's mostly advertising, tour dates, lectures and special events. But the archives are filled with some useful fitness and health tips. Highly worth it. She posted a TERRIFIC article on the importance of correct posture and body-joint alignment, especially the hip-knee-ankle. I'll try to find that article and post it

One of her great skin tips: if a zit or blemish suddenly appears right before a special event, job interview, etc ... put a drop or two of Visine or other eyedrop .. the kind that "gets the red out" .. on a Qtip, then dab on the red spot. Do not rub all over the skin, just the red spot. The antihistamine in the drops will shrink the red swelliing temporarily. Not a permanent cure, but a quick fix in a pinch. I've tried this, and it works!

Doreen
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up

Cool beans. My skin has become so dry over the yrs. I could really use softening effects of the regimen. Thanks for the prompt reply
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 20:33

BF:
Default Re: T-Tapp

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
But the archives are filled with great fitness, health and nutrition advice. Highly worth it. She posted a TERRIFIC article on the importance of correct posture and body-joint alignment, especially the hip-knee-ankle. I'll try to find that article and post it

I went throught that web site with a fine tooth comb, Doreen, some good ideas and tips. Some fluff too and some dissing of LC, but I gleened a lot great tips. I've been doing that hip-knee-ankle thing for weeks and It really keeps me conscious of my posture, I am positive it's helped a chronic problem I've had with my lower back for years.

Nat
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)

Nat - I don't know why I haven't come across this thread before - but I'm curious - do you still body brush and do you still believe it makes a difference?

I've lost enough weight that I have some points that sag - I'm hoping that since I am relatively young ~ 27 I'll eventually get back to normal in that aspect, but if this body brushing would help - I'm interested. I've looked at the T-Tapp site and do not feel it is necessary to buy all those things.

Would it work if I get a brush like you suggested and do that before I shower - then use a sponge in the shower - and a good moisturizer after?

This is what I will try but I am wanting to know if you have continued on with this!

Thanks,
mb
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 08:53

BF:

Mary, I had stopped for a while (I was trying to prolong my tan from Cuba ) But I've started up again. It did make a difference - that combined with the LC and exercise has noticeably improved the cottage cheesey-ness of my thighs. In fact, 90% of the cellulite is gone. Since starting back I've noticed that my skin is softer and smoother.

I do the brushing before the shower (now that my skin is used to it) but I'd start in the shower (unless you don't mind a bit of hard brushing) at first. I use a regular body brush (picked up at the body shop) and moisturize afterward.

I agree, all those extras off her website are not necessary - a good brush some moisturizer and the proper technique you should be fine, Mary.

Happy brushing!
Nat