Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 16:40

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

What wils said.
Tried Dreamfields linguine last night and LOVED IT. Measured out 85 grams, and found it was a little more than I needed.
First time I'd had pasta in ten months and I really enjoyed the experience again.
I think we'll keep it to once every couple of weeks, but it was very nice to have it.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: Semi-LC, Organic, Natural
Stats: 168/158/140 Female 67
BF:26%/26%/22%
Progress: 36%

I tried some again, but this time the spaghetti and cooked them for the specified time of 9-10 minutes. I think it may be very important to NOT overcook them.

It may be unfair to compare, but I did not find them to lay on my stomach as long. I am going to try them on different occassions over the next few weeks to ensure the previous response I had to them was an isolated event.

I am unsure if I will use the elbows again and much prefer using the spaghetti and linguine (if I can ever find it).
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:24

Plan: My own
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 5'5"
BF:100%
Progress: 6%

I am so glad I found this thread. I am going to my sister's house for dinner tomorrow and she's making baked ziti (pasta, sauce, riccotta, motz, sausage, mushrooms and ground beef), a regular pan of it for the rest of the fam and a dreamfields one for me.... I have tried the elbows before and I honestly could not tell the difference. It was made with mayo, hard boiled egg and tuna, a cold salad... is that not good? Did anyone find out for sure if you can let it get cold, or is it just the re-heating that messes with the carb count?
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 19:24
Registered Member

Plan: sb/atkins modified
Stats: 250/228/190 Male 70"
BF:have/too/much
Progress: 37%

I am interested for when I am out of phase I, but where do I find this pasta? I would like it every other week, but still lose weight and am worried how well it really works.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 09:52

Plan: 0
Stats: 0/0/0 Male 0
BF:
Progress:

I have tried Dreamfields many times and was extremely pleased with the taste. As a pasta lover I thought this was the answer to all my diabetic dreams.
It wasn't.
My after eating blood levels were fine. The problem comes the next few days. The next morning, my blood level is 15 points higher than normal. I am usually at a 105, it usually tests in the 120 to 125 range the morning after eating Dreamfields. One day wouldn't be bad, but it stays there for almost a week. Additionally, instead of acting like fiber, it has the reverse effect, I have small to no BM's during that time. This is really odd when you consider I eat two servings of Fiber One for breakfast every day, giving me 28 gms of fiber every day. When the dam finally breaks, my blood levels drop back down to normal and life becomes normal again. Don't get me wrong, I have seen enough good about this product to believe that it works for most but like a lot of the low carb products, it's not for everyone. My body actually deals with regular pasta better than it does Dreamfields. Regular pasta spikes my blood, but a little exercise and a good ole trip to the bathroom and I am back under control.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 22:18

Plan: none
Stats: 225/168/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Here is my experiences with Dreamsfield pastas. I'm a IDD and they really effect my BGL big time. I cook them as per the instructions and only eat half a serving because a full serving is way too much for me. Four hours later and I've gone from 80 to 164!

Now here's the kicker for me................. leftovers seem to have no effect on me at all. Yep, when I heat them the next day not only do I not get a huge rise, but a few times I actually hypoed. The exception was the penne.
No matter what it causes a rise. Abeit a smaller rise than freshly cooked, but a rise nevertheless. I'm thinking maybe it's because it's denser and larger than the spaghetti and elbows.

Other than that I really love this product on the rare occasions I eat pasta. I've never been a big pasta fan anyway and I can take it or leave it.

I also read a post on the board where someone talked about the calorie amounts. You need to check the amounts on regular pasta because Dreamsfields is equal to and in some cases lower than regular pasta.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 21:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 341/284.0/210 Male 72
BF:Unknown/32.5/17
Progress: 44%

Well I had the Dreamfield Linguinie tonight with carb options alfredo sauce and some chicken breasts sauteed in olive oil and butter and seasoned with garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper I WAS IN HEAVEN. I measured EXACT portions of both the pasta and the sauce and cook ONLY that amount. I have had no cravings and its been 3 hours. I am glad to have read this Woo this is now going to be a staple in my WOE 1 time ever week or two. Thank you for your indepth research on this!
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 22:53
Registered Member

Stats: 198/182/168 Male 70 inches
BF:BMI 28.4/26.1/24.1
Progress: 53%

Pasta is one thing I really miss so am very interested in the Dreamfields pasta products.

Can someone please give me an indication of what it costs per pack compared to a typical high carb alternative.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 00:18
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpin'
Pasta is one thing I really miss so am very interested in the Dreamfields pasta products.

Can someone please give me an indication of what it costs per pack compared to a typical high carb alternative.

Sorry, Jumpin', but Dreamfield's Pasta is not available in Australia AFAIK.

Rosebud
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 03:48
Registered Member

I came across this website on my way to stumbling into this Message Board.

http://www.carbmiser.com/

They appear to be offering a case of 20 packets x 454 grams(a bit less than our standard 500gm packs) for about Aus$10 each, delivered by courier to your door within 7 days.

Will try and check it out more..... but if anyone has feedback about the product, the supplier and whether they consider it value for money and safe to buy online, it would be very much appreciated.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 07:25
Atkins on the Beach!

Plan: high fiber/low glycemic
Stats: 245/224/150 Female 5'3"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 22%

In the US, Dreamfields sells for around $3-4 per package. I've ordered from netrition.com for around $2.50. I love the stuff!
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 10:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You should look into Resistant Starches. I've been using them in baking. They're interesting. They can replace some of the flour. Supposedly they're undigestible and form naturally in starchy foods, but they've coaxed more of it to grow in some corn and wheat hybrids.

Since I don't eat wheat I've been using the corn RS. It also seems to have an appetite depressing effect on me, but it seems to upset my GI tract if I use too much of it (still trying to figure out if it is the RS doing that or the Corn bran I also use).

Anyway, it is also stuff that feeds the flora in your intestines.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-05, 12:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I love this pasta. It tastes just like regular pasta to me. I try to only fix it once every week or two. Besides the normal pasta dished, I use it in dishes where I would previously have used rice.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 02:00
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriYM
In the US, Dreamfields sells for around $3-4 per package. I've ordered from netrition.com for around $2.50. I love the stuff!
Thank you CheriYM. It appears we can also order it from Netrition into Australia using Fedex or UPS but the freight blows it out to about A$11 a box.

Anyway I've bitten the bullet and ordered via Carbmiser. At A$10 a box it sounds dear but that's about $2 a serving...... still cheap as a healthy substitute for pizza or a burger.

Hope it tastes as good as most of you are saying. Wow.... I'm looking forward to making up my favourite meatballs and pasta sauce to go with it

Last edited by jumpin' : Tue, Dec-06-05 at 02:06.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 00:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/187/125 Female 5'8 1/2
BF:
Progress:

I had this pasta tonight and it was really good. It tasted like regular pasta!. I found HUNTS no sugar added pasta sauce which was really good also, it has 4 net carbs for 1/2 a cup. I made chicken parm with the sauce, I beat an egg dipped the chicken in the egg, then battered it with grated parmesan cheese and fried it, then topped it with mozzerella cheese and the low carb hunts sauce. My dinner was really good and my tummy is happy!