Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 03:12
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayeyes
* a guy at your gym has a shirt that says "Squat til you puke." You a) get it, and b) want one.

After today I need to get one that says "Squat till you fart!"
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 04:29

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Trainerdan
You Know You Are A Gym/fitness Addict When ...

--- when you dont mind walking miles and miles these days even though to do simple things e.g. some shopping or anything at all (for the sake of burning calories) whilst longgggggg before you INSIST on NOT wanting to move even a footstep to get the paper right at the door or complaining that it sucks BIG TIME when theres no car or when car's broken down, refused to take the bus or whatever and went kinda mad (or pissed off) at the mechanic when he said "your car's gonna be ready in 2 weeks" and somebody went "what??? 2 friggin weeks? what - you think i'm gonna walk to work?"

Last edited by dazzlin182 : Thu, Jun-03-04 at 04:37.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:32

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpader
++++ when you pay extra for hotels with gyms on vaction...
Oh, and when you DO are in a hotel with gym, you wake up at 4:00AM day by day, to be sure to have a free treadmill for your 6 mile runs:-)))

(I feel very bad to use any machine in small hotel gyms for more than 20 min, when people in line behind me:-)))
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 19:00
Italian Goddess

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/199/150 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 53%

when you actually start to feel like your sports bra is comfortable! lol
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 09:24

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking

LMAO!!!!! My hubby thinks I'm weird when I wear them with a pair of shorts around the house. But sports bras are sooo comfy!!! And nothing moves when you've got those suckers strapped down!

~ Cori ~
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianin
LMAO!!!!! My hubby thinks I'm weird when I wear them with a pair of shorts around the house. But sports bras are sooo comfy!!! And nothing moves when you've got those suckers strapped down!
~ Cori ~

Yeah. Men must HATE 'em!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:39

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I think we can all thank Brandi Chastain for declaring the masher an acceptable item of outerwear!

#68   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:

LOL at binki - the MASHER! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 02:26

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:

...when you have a close call driving and the little squirt of adrenalin makes you think, 'oh dear! catabolism!'

who ever wrote the shower thing was not a girl, girls have to shower at home occassionally bcs you don't do gooey masks and hair removal at the gym.

I'm guilty of too many of these to mention, some of them I don't get. And what's wrong with ALWAYS wanting locker #44?

-Nancy
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 17:15

Plan: FAT FLUSH PLAN
Stats: 223.5/149.5/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 89%

These are fantastic!!!!! Most of which I can relate to. I LOVE "squat 'till you puke"....that's my goal, too!!! Also....here's one for you....
....Lowering yourself to sit on the toilet is met with wincing and groaning the day and especially 2days after a "good" lower body workout. And you like it!!!
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 18:50

Plan: South Beach/Atkins mix
Stats: 204/157/145 Female 64
BF:40%/26%/23%
Progress: 80%
Talking Here's my reason :)

When your 9 year old daughter alphabetizes your supplements thinking she's being helpful to you, and you silently fume because she put the BCAA's and glutamine out of their special places! I am so anal about my supplements--they're arranged by time taken, and when she does that it messes with my world!
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 19:29
Who knew?!

Plan: Lil bit of everything
Stats: 111/111/111 Female 5'5" ( 65 inches)
BF:
Progress: 60%

LOL, wow, those are all classic! For me it's scheduling a 'girl's day out' around the gym. My close friend & I used to meet every Saturday for our standard routine of 'lunch/movies/shopping' - now it's 'gym/light-lunch/movie'.

Added to my fitness level and am keeping more money in the bank!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 17:27

Plan: my own
Stats: 80/80/80 Male 6.1
BF:
Progress:
Default addicted to exercise

i am a new male on this board. i used to be a full time high impact aerobics instructor. i taught 25+ high impact aerobics classes a week, and also taugh 3 90min spinning classes. i were that kind of instructor who worked people "to death".....i was like a machine, i never got tired.....i kept pitching up music so that it went faster and faster, the volume was on its max, i yelled and yelled yelled...and sweated buckets of sweat day after day. i was an addict. i had to exercise at least 4hrs a day to function, would even walk from gym to gym (gotta mention, i live in a very big city) and walk all the way home in the evening. i had a shelf at home with medicine dedicated for various throat problems.....i constantly suffered from lack of voice and often i would cough blood up due to damaged vocal cords. my bodyfat was below 3.5%! every day i jumped and jumped and jumped. it was my life. since small age (read: 4 years old) i was facinated by these happy people on tv doing aerobics and having fun....i simply got up and joined them in front of the tv set! i took my first proper class in 1987, and taught my first class in november 1990 (at the age of 14). i taught proper hard core aerobics....long routines, lots of sweat....and then we did the whole routine with handweights in the end (to 180 beats per minute or so).................we loved it.
one day my immune system broke down.................one thing led to another...............eventually i ended up in hospital with a blood transfusion and the half of my face cut up due to an absess pressing against my left eye and the left side of my brain (the absess/infection had got into my bloodstream....and the absess was a result of an ignored cold which turned into a sinus infection which turned into an absess).
i changed my routine after leaving the hospital, and took up ashtanga yoga and cut down on my hard core classes. in november 2003 i taught my last high impact class! as i said in the begining...i'm now 29 years old........i have constant pain in my knee's and my feet are worn out and it hurts when i walk! aerobics was my life, i loved the happiness, the energy, the rush, the people, i had such success, i felt like a hero, the feeling of being airbourne was me....it was my fulltime job and i kept it up for many years, i bought so much happiness into other peoples lives - and now.............................i only have the memories and a worn out body.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Lean For Life
Stats: 151.4/140.4/125 Female 63 inches
BF:34%/25%/20%
Progress: 42%

HAHAHAHA-had me laughing,it was what I needed.
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 18:48

Stats: 150/145/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

too funny- thanks for the laugh....