Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/155/140 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:100% sure I got it
Progress: 57%

Before I went Low Carb, I tried on this pair of Levis. I do wear low ride, but make sure everything is covered. The pair I picked out to try on were "ultra low ride" I didn't see the label and I thought they were the regular. OH MY what a sight! Not a pretty picture, but it was soo funny!!! I laughed and laughed, I had to share my experience with the sales lady! I still am not ready, or ever will be, for the "ultras".

Last edited by easylyvin : Thu, Jun-24-04 at 12:11.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:02
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

I have to agree with BCBeauty.

I'm so self-conscience...it drives my Dh crazy. Everytime we go clothes shopping I try on several styles of pants just so that not one single roll sticks out. I fit a size 11..standing in them is fine...I sit down and the rolls come out. I've had 3 kids and my skin is shot...I can try doing so many situps and it probably won't help lessen the sagging skin or the stretch marks.

My Dh keeps pointing out all the women on the streets that pass us by with their guts/bellies hanging out..and he asks me.."See..how come she can wear that and she is much bigger than you?" He says I need to be more confident and less self-conscience.

I think to myself thank goodness these girls do wear clothes like that..makes me feel less bad about myself.LoL

True it's strange to see girls with their bellies hanging out..and on some I actually think it's cute..not grotesque or anything like that to have a bit of the love handles.LoL On myself that is another matter and I'm way harder on myself..I tend to cover up..and go right back to wearing baggy t-shirts. Right now I don't know but, in NYC it seems all the girls are wearing the low rider pants and very short t-shirts and they don't give a hoot to what people think. They feel and believe they look good..that what makes them happy..then that all that matters. Meanwhile, we can always look the other way. We are such a diverse culture..what may look disturbing to someone is pleasing to someone else vs versa. Some men like women with more meat on their bones others like them rail thin. We can't suit everyones tastes.

I think if the person has the confidence and feels beautiful...inside and out..she/he can get away with wearing just about anything...thin..big..short..tall.

My 2 cents.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 12:54

Plan: Atkins,SB,GI now!
Stats: 217/206/150 Female 5'4''
BF:i/cant/count
Progress: 16%

I LOVE low rise jeans!!!!!!!!!! But they don't look too good on me right now because I have a really big butt and big thighs. But as soon as I hit my goal weight, hopefully by Christmas, I'll run out to the store and buy some
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Well, you go out in public...you're out in public. And everyone is free to express an opinion, at least to themselves and those near and dear.

I agree with the posters who said, more or less, that anyone can wear anything, but just not everything. And this is so true. Women might not be able to do much with what we get, the constantly changing spectrum, wherein if we find a flattering style, we are practically forced to buy extras, because it will be years before it comes around again.

This is why I tend to buy simple, classic stuff, which I tend to look good in, fortunately. What 13 year olds wear is their problem, and I have no desire to imitate them.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 10:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 13%

just found this amusing post. fat or thin i like my trousers (and skirts for that matter) to sit below the waist at about the hip bone level. i love low rise jeans and note that when they are purchased IN THE CORRECT SIZE and worn with a shirt that COVERS YOUR STOMACH they look pretty good on most folk. i find that high rise jeans that are too small produce even more belly rolls.

i am a big fan of wearing whatever you like and to hell with what other folks think. however, i am getting tired of seeing people stuffing themselves into ill fitting, obviously uncomfortable clothing (and shoes, i get even more self-righteous with the shoes)because it is 'fashionable'. then again, my preferred uniform is a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a pair of birkenstocks so I have no right to lecture anybody on fashion.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-06, 12:55

Plan: i don't.
Stats: 135/135/175 Male 6' 3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Girls' love handles = wildly sexy.

what people need to remember is that this is all OPINION, and you know what they say about opinions.

my own opinion - which is rather widely held, and even if it wasn't would be every bit as valid as anybody else's - is that Girls' love handles and convex bellies, especially as accentuated by tight jeans (low-rise or otherwise, but especially low-rise) are fantastically sexy. the belly is one of a Woman's centers of power; anyone who's made love to a Woman without feeling this hasn't been paying attention (but then, people - men, at least - making love to Women without paying attention to them is nothing new). and a pretty Girl flaunting a fat little belly on an otherwise not-very-fat body knows it's sexy...which is why that's precisely what so many Girls are doing these days.

and one of the factors that makes this sexy is the same one that makes any other physical trait sexy: confidence. a Woman who is truly confident, who is relaxed and comfortable and at ease with who She is and how She looks, is going to be sexy almost no matter what She looks like. all She - or any other Woman - needs is to know in Her own mind that She's sexy, and voilà: She's sexy. sexy as hell, thank you very much.

you may not think it's sexy; it may not be your personal taste, or you may have been brainwashed by our culture into thinking that only what the television says is sexy is sexy (you'd be far from alone in that). but whatever your reasons for your opinion, the scope of that opinion is limited. times are changing, and self-confident Females are determining for themselves what's sexy (what's sexy has never been up to men anyway - sex and sexiness have always been for Women to determine) and changing it and establishing new criteria for sexiness, and you can resist that, or you can join those Women, or join me and all the other men trailing gorgeous sexy Women with gorgeous sexy fat little bellies down the street and whimpering with admiration and desire. but whichever path you choose, it's not going to change the fact: a fat little belly is always going to be sexy on any Female who *knows* in Her own heart and mind that it's sexy. and that's really all there is to it.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 06:48
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

zippity are you trying to get a date or something?
just kidding
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 08:24
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'll just be glad when this low riser fashion has run it's course. We got over them 30 years ago, it'll happen again.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 09:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_S
zippity are you trying to get a date or something?
just kidding

I don't think you'd have to be kidding. He's not a LCer... yet he felt compelled to register here and comment. This thread was a year and a half old and would have been on page 9 or so. I wonder what his search keywords were to come up with this thread. "Low risers?" "Bellies?"

Call me a kill-joy, but even though his comments sound nice, I'd have to wonder if they're coming from a spirit of genuine kindness or creepy fetishism.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 10:34

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

LOL Kristine. I had the same impression.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

You know what's funny... now that you mention it... Even when in great shape, defined muscles etc. I have a chubby belly. I'm really short waisted and store my fat there to boot, so when I'm not fat I still have a soft rolly belly. Anyway I once had this guy pursue me harder than any one else ever has and he told me he has a "little belly fetish" and he kept trying to touch it etc. Heheh I NEVER EVER EVER (at that age) in my wildest dreams would have imagined that there are men out there that like little bellies.
As it is, my husband prefers what he calls "puffy" or soft bellies to six packs on women anyway, though he really likes sporty girls. I'm lucky!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 10:59
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%
Talking omg this site is so rocking funny

OMG this site makes my day... so rockin here...... been reading all morning and laughing and blushing too

#43   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 11:01
Got another Harley

omg i can relate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina99
I have to agree with BCBeauty.

I'm so self-conscience...it drives my Dh crazy. Everytime we go clothes shopping I try on several styles of pants just so that not one single roll sticks out. I fit a size 11..standing in them is fine...I sit down and the rolls come out. I've had 3 kids and my skin is shot...I can try doing so many situps and it probably won't help lessen the sagging skin or the stretch marks.

My Dh keeps pointing out all the women on the streets that pass us by with their guts/bellies hanging out..and he asks me.."See..how come she can wear that and she is much bigger than you?" He says I need to be more confident and less self-conscience.

I think to myself thank goodness these girls do wear clothes like that..makes me feel less bad about myself.LoL

True it's strange to see girls with their bellies hanging out..and on some I actually think it's cute..not grotesque or anything like that to have a bit of the love handles.LoL On myself that is another matter and I'm way harder on myself..I tend to cover up..and go right back to wearing baggy t-shirts. Right now I don't know but, in NYC it seems all the girls are wearing the low rider pants and very short t-shirts and they don't give a hoot to what people think. They feel and believe they look good..that what makes them happy..then that all that matters. Meanwhile, we can always look the other way. We are such a diverse culture..what may look disturbing to someone is pleasing to someone else vs versa. Some men like women with more meat on their bones others like them rail thin. We can't suit everyones tastes.

I think if the person has the confidence and feels beautiful...inside and out..she/he can get away with wearing just about anything...thin..big..short..tall.

My 2 cents.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 11:38
Got another Harley

Default GAP Jeans flares... GOT TO LOVE THEM

ok, i never wore the right jeans in my life until my daughter said
mooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you have lost so much weight, you need GAP jeans....
after 2 C sections and lotz of tummy lard later, I laughed
until she gave me a size 16 GAP jeans flares ( bell bottom in my days) and lordie lordie, my ass looked good, they fit like poured paint....

now i am happy to say, my GAP size 14 are tooooo baggy and GAP is having a sale this weekend and I go get my new size 12
GAP flares.....
got to love them, dont care if they are a hundred bucks, if they fit tight and stay tight

for years i was buying walmart jeans and they were always too baggy in the ass and thighs and would not button in the waist. i am forever sold on GAP jeans, i am the coolest hot momma on a harley davidson in memphis tennessee with my hot pink boots on....

hear me???.... brovvvmmmmm brovrovvooommmmmmm
  #45   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 13:04

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 220/195.5/180 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

I have nothing against low risers but I do think that it looks pretty silly when someone wears clothing two sizes too small (fit or not) and think and act they are all that. Talk about being vain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlieLadi
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]i am the coolest hot momma on a harley davidson in memphis tennessee with my hot pink boots on....

hear me???.... brovvvmmmmm brovrovvooommmmmmm

HarlieLadi, it sounds funny to say but congrats on your recent loss! Two of the soldiers recently got harleys for their birthday (several other soldiers in the platoon ride regularly). I'll probably get one myself in the future after saving up some money and losing more weight so I'll look better in a leather outfit.