Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Reduced carbs
Stats: 163/148/132 Female 160
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi
I am just wondering about another cause of dizziness and/or vertigo because it hasn't been mentioned yet.

I had pulsatile tinnitus (i.e. the ear noise follows the heartbeat) in my right ear accompanied by bouts of dizziness and vertigo for 5 months. Instead of going to my GP, I wondered if it had to do with my neck, as I had problems with it in the past, and finally I saw an osteopath. She found that the bones in the back of my neck were inflamed. She treated me using cranio-sacral therapy and recommended ice packs. I am much better, the inflammation and the tinnitus are almost gone, although I still need monthly treatment.

I also read on the net that you can experience dizziness if the sternocleidomastoid muscle is in spasm. I think this muscle is at both sides of the neck.

A lot of my problems including bad chest pains have been resolved by gentle manipulation of the spine. Maybe this could help you, too?

Regards
michaela
Sponsored Links