Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What form of Oil of Oregano do you take?
Gel Capusules 62 54.87%
Liquid 49 43.36%
Other, please explain below 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 13:55

Plan: Specific carbo. diet SCD
Stats: 120/118/118 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Hi BKM, my "die off symptoms" started the very first week of taking OoO. I have pretty bad "belly bloat" too, grrrrrr. I can't answer about the gaining/losing part, but I do believe that your symptoms sound like die off to me.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 23:25
blah

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

I started taking OoO yesterday..4 drops of the oil in an empty gel cap once a day.....feel really tired today and a bit of a headache...I will just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Denine
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 09:44

Plan: wholesome foods
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 64%

I have been taking the capsules...one week on and one off (like AFWife) and I believe they have helped me. In my case I believe it's effective because it just helps keep my fat intake up, which I have trouble doing.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I just started on Monday, 8/30/04, with the liquid in oil. I have ordered what should be the straight stuff that I'll dilute myself in olive oil, since this way has not been upsetting my stomach and it is sensitive, I won't look for trouble.

Also, this way I can take it with every meal, which might also be a good idea.

I felt quite perky this morning...time will tell...
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 15:07

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

When I first started taking the caps I felt tired and headachey and it did pass in 3 days.
I will say that I did have a vaginal yeast infection brewing and was almost ready to take prescription medication but it went away! Also I have post nasal drip and altho that is not all gone it has improved to the point that my DH has noticed less sniffing on my part.
I have FMS and I will say I do feel better and have more energy...I broke a stall within a week of taking it...not a tremendous weight loss but the scale did go down. Don't know whether that was the OoO tho.
Nancy
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 23:23

Plan: Atkins-Modified
Stats: 218/185/135 Female 5'1
BF:41/?/26
Progress: 40%
Talking

I just started taking the oil today..Im doing two drops in the am and two before bed..im taking it for candida..will keep you posted as to my progress, but im also taking 14 other supplements also!!!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 05:18

Plan: Gluten Free low carb
Stats: 158.2/133.5/120 Female 63 inches
BF:28.03/21.17/21.26
Progress: 65%

I've been taking this for about 10 days and it is helping with sleep, weight loss and I suspect with my candida. Going to keep going till 14 days then taking a week break. 2 drops, one in the morning one with lunch.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-10, 05:23

Plan: my plan
Stats: 162.5/148/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 83%

I really don't think oil of oregano is gonna do anything for losing weight, and it probably shouldn't be taken regularly because it interferes with iron absorption. Don't throw it away though! It works awesome for any kind of tummy flu or food poisoning. You won't throw up again after a few drops downed in a little bit of water. If you start feeling sick again, take another dose. It shouldn't take more than a couple of doses to totally get rid of the bug. I haven't had to deal with the stomach flu since I discovered it.
I also use a few drops in a pot of boiling water when I have a cold. You just put it in the water after it boils and inhale the steam. You can do it 2 or 3 times a day until your symptoms get better. It cuts the time you're sick in half at least and you'll probably even feel much better by the next day.
You can also take a couple of drops in your coffee or something you drink slowly if you get strep throat. The point is to let it coat the spot that hurts. I got rid of strep in two days with it and felt much better by the second day.
Again, I wouldn't take it for any stretch of time. It's really meant to be used only when you need it as an anti-fungal, anti-viral, or anti-bacterial agent. It kills everything and helps you feel better faster. I'm sure there's other things it works for, but I use it mostly for stomach aches and colds.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 09:41
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I started taking the gel caps a few weeks ago for its anti-fungal uses. Thought I might be dealing with Candida overgrowth and OoO was the next rotational anti-fungal on the list I was trying. By the end of the day I took my first cap, I had diarrhea, which continued for 2 days. Drank lots of water, but I and my husband finally put 2 and 2 together and I decided to take an anti-diarrheal tablet, Imodium. The diarrhea stopped of course, and I stopped the OoO as well. No recurrence of diarrhea. Afraid to start it up again, quite frankly. Not sure if the diarrhea was a violet allergic reaction, or Candida die off symptoms, but I had no OTHER die-off symptoms, so still not sure what was going on.