Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What form of Oil of Oregano do you take?
Gel Capusules 62 54.87%
Liquid 49 43.36%
Other, please explain below 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

It states on a OoO website to start off slowly with OoO such as one drop a day and build up to prevent such reactions. Thats why I am only taking it in the morning and after a week or so I will begin having some at night. With the drops they are easier to regulate than capsules i.e. you could add 1 drop to water and only drink half of it.. just a thought. Its supposed to have amazing cleansing abilities and I think I need a good spring clean LOL
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:55

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

I may have to try it
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:21

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Is there any website that claims that OoO helps with weight loss?.... other than low carb message boards I've not been able to find anywhere this is talked about.

I have seen here that it certainly seems to aid some in losing, but I am wondering why this is not mentioned anywhere else?

I ordered the capsules, but if I notice no loss from them then I am going to also try the drops before giving up on it entirely.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:32

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I also ran out and bought OoO this weekend. I started them on Saturday - I took one 150mg cap around 11. By 4pm I was ready to faint I was so darn tired. Yesterday no symptoms and today nothing - my cheeks feel a bit warm - but nothing to be concerned about. I haven't lost any weight according to my scale but the snug ring on my right hand seems less snug today....so we will see!!

Good Luck Everyone!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 14:39

Stats: 162/153/130 Female 5' 8
BF:for/get/it
Progress: 28%

I take the 150mg gelcap. I've been taking one a day for about a month and haven't noticed anything different.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 14:44

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Lily (AFwife) had the best results I've seen after she started taking OoO...but she says she just takes 20 mg. twice a day in the drop form.

I just started today taking the capsule form at 50 mg....it says to just take it once a day so I am going to start with this and then swich to the drops and see if either do me any good weight loss wise.

I also started taking CLA about 5 days ago and its supposed to help get rid of fat and build muscle.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:07

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I bought the liquid Saturday and started taking it immediatly. I was really tired that day and took a nap. I was up a pound the next day. That maybe because of the heat wave (it is over 100 degrees right now). It always retain water when it first gets hot. I seem to have more energy today and it really cleared my sinuses. My daughter is tring it on a wort too.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:56

Stats: 147/135/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 71%

Long time lurker here taking the plunge. Have been taking the gel caps 150mg for about 2 months, 1 each morning. One week on/one week off. At the beginning of every "on" week, I lose 2-3 lbs in the first 2 days. No side effects noticed.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 19:03

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

I started taking the gel caps saturday (been taking 1 in the AM & 1 in the late afternnon), these are the solararay 150mg. each. So far I noticed my appitite is up & heartburn. I got the drops & empty veg. caps today & will start 2 drops twice a day tomorrow.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 22:06
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

I took the gel caps for about 2.5 weeks. I didn't loose any weight, in fact, I gained a few. I really can't swear that it was because of the OoO but I do know I was abnormally hungry the whole time I was on it.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 23:02
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi24
I started taking it yesterday.. liquid form. My first mistake was to put 2 drops in my bottle of water.. ughh it smells like menthol/antiseptic and it was hard going drinking it all.. I would take a few sips at a time and when I reopened the bottle I had to hold my nose LOL Today I put two drops in about 1/2 inch of water and it was much easier to swallow it all and the taste soon left. I am taking it for the wonderful properties its supposed to have .. too early yet to tell if its working for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I had to laugh when I read this. I did the same thing but in a big cup of water. No one in the family will drink from that cup now cause it still smells like oregano.

I put mine in water in a shot glass and GULP! Good luck to ya.

I did the same thing with my drops. , tossed the water bottle. We actually switched to caps as they are easier to take. Haven't noticed weight loss, but I'm not having any allgery symptoms
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 18:00

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

Well I ordered my 150mg gel caps coated in extra virgin olive oil. It wasn't too expensive, $9 so if it doesn't work, that's cool too. But why do some of you cycle off for a week? And what do you take in the off week? I hear coconut oil is great for weight loss too.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:46

Plan: slow and local
Stats: 150/133.2/100 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 34%

I think the weight loss benefits come mostly if you have a yeast problem.

You cycle on and off the oil of oregano so you do not build up an immunity to it. (I do two week cycles) On my off weeks, I have been taking Olive Leaf - similar to oregano but not as powerful.

The oregano is supposed to help with a lot of things - yeast, fungi, viruses, bacteria. Good for the sinuses, too.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 20:52
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I take caplets three a day. It has helped with my allergies, skin redness and I don't take them on weekends. I had a terrible reaction to it with the first two doses (die off) but not a problem since.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 12:50

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

I started them on Monday (2 drops, once a day). I've noticed a tired feeling in the afternoon, and I had a little heartburn, but I'm not positively sure that was due to the OoO.
Will continue until the little bottle is used up (probably cycling two weeks on and two weeks off).
No weight loss.