Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 06:31

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Thursday, Feb. 19

Getting things going . . .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 06:33

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

And?.........
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 06:37

BF:

Dear Whoosh Fairy,

I'm beginning to think I see how this works. You stay away and don't visit me until threatened. I have been following the plan to the letter and nothing. I know you're busy, but I really do need you to visit more often.

So yesterday I threatened you with a contract on your life, and this morning I'm 2 pounds down.

Hmmmmmm.

Now, I'm not a greedy wench. I'll do my part. BUT YOU GOSH DARN BETTER DO YOUR PART, TOO! All I'm asking for is a nice, slow, steady, measly little loss of 1 pound a week. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

So here's the deal. You visit me often enough to give me 1 pound loss per week until I reach goal, and I won't send the Boogie Man to pay you a nice little visit. Mhuaahaaaaaahaaaaa!

Sincerely,

Bawdy

#4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 07:27

BF:

Yesterday:
Calories: 1470 goal: 1500 - 1600 (Fitday says 1672 to meet my goal)
Fat: 104 grams (63%) goal: 70%
Carbs/ECC: 32/23 grams (7%) goal: 5%
Protein: 104 grams (29%) goal: 25%
Alcohol: 0 grams (0%) goal: 3 - 4 glasses per week
Water: 48 ounces (26%) goal: 64 ounces

And down 2 pounds to 164.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 08:04

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Darn you, Bawdy - I almost choked to death on my coffee reading your message to the whoosh fairy

My menu was good yesterday - still in light ketosis this AM. I'm down another half pound this AM - 174 lbs - changing signature as I am definitely losing now.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop 5 lbs or so by about March 15 (have dropped 2 of those already). Calories per pound 1358 / 175 = 7.08 (am now aiming for around 8 to 9.5 to get this weight off - I'm not interested in hauling it up mountains this year )

Total calories: 1358
Fat: 56 gms 504 cal 40%
Sat: 11 gms 101 cal 8%
Poly: 22 gms 201 cal 16%
Mono: 19 gms 175 cal 14%
Carbs: 54 gms 138 cal 11% ECC: 34 gms
Fiber: 20 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 155 gms 619 cal 49%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
30 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free orange gelatine with 1 scoop citrucel

Snack:
.25 cup flax seeds cooked until tender with 1 t vanilla extract and liquid sweetener

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 T french onion dip

Dinner: (filling for the chicken pot pie I made for every one else)
1/4 can green beans
1/4 can asparagus
1/4 can sliced carrots
.25 cup mixed veggies (the high carb kind with corn, lima beans, etc.)
1 T dry chicken gravy mix
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
7 ozs chicken breast (roasted)

About 66 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 08:33
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good morning all!

Well now, I guess I may have to get rough with the whoosh fairy too! I still am weighing the same as well! And since things got 'moving' with me, and still is to the point I had to cancel my a.m. client today (bleh!) you would have thought I would have dropped 20 lbs! I just can't seem to sit for 20 minutes without having to get up.. so that wouldnt be a very relaxing massage for them, would it? Ok, 'nuff of that topic.

I was able to lower my insulin yet again.. this morning is my second lowered dose in 2 days. Taking the medicine the way prescribed didnt produce the first lowering, but I am sure it helped with the second happening so soon.

Orang-do you use like lipton dry onion soup mix to mix into the tuna? And do you just eat it plain or on something? I suppose it would taste good nestled into a tomato.

I tried a new hot cereal this morning..new to me...Keto brand apple cinnamon, it was ok, too pasty.. but warm and filling.. perhaps would be good in a muffin mix or something.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 08:48

BF:

Sorry, Renee, but she had it coming!

Hi, Dawn! Great news about the lowered dose on the insulin. Too bad this diet will kill you.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:01

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, you are in rare form this AM

If the woosh fairy does not continue to visit me, this will be my next step:

making her an offer she can't refuse.

Carbs were high yesterday, around 65 but I made a delish dinner-chicken with a small apple, savoy cabbage and onion sauteed in butter with brown Sugar Twin. Boy, was that worth it.

Yesterday aft did a 2 mile WATP, this AM did squats with a stability ball against the wall and a killer hamstring exercise and situps on the ball.You lie on your back with your feet up on the ball, dig your heels into the ball and pull it back toward your butt with your feet. Ouch but it's a good one.

Dawn, way to go on the insulin!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:08

BF:

Elaine, I get her first!

Remember I mentioned about the recall on the Bowflex? I just opened the box, and that's what it was! I am totally amazed that they took it upon themselves to send it to me, even though I bought the Bowflex second-hand. I just sent them a gushing thank-you email.

Great job on the workout, Elaine. You have got to be gaining a ton of muscle. Have you ever done the calculations in the first PP book to determine lean body weight? You might want to. There's no way you're not gaining muscle.

Also, could you post the recipe? Sounds delish!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:22

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning
Still have that induction nausea thing going. Dinner stayed in last night, let's hope the trend contiues. Went to the Yoga class last night...it was awesome! I am so sore already I can hardly move

Yesterday's menu:

B - 3 oz lean ham, 1 egg fried in a little butter, 16 oz coffee w/H&H and splenda

L - Low carb burger from Carl's Junior minus ketchup and onion, lrg diet coke Ate 2/3 of the burger, it was hugh

S - 1 string cheese (ate less than half and threw it away) 1/2 liter of flavored water

1 hour yoga

D - 2 cups salad greens, 4 oz grilled chicken, 1 TBS almond accents, 3 TBS lite Ranch dressing (this just wasn't doing it for me so I ate 3/4 of the salad and all the chicken then made pepperoni bites) Nuke about 10 pepperoni on paper towel for 30 seconds. Peel off and place on paper plate dot with small amount of Ragu pizza sauce (has no Sugar) and pizza cheese and nuke for about 30 seconds until bubbly.

Dessert - SF Jello w/whipped cream

Elaine, I am still rolling from the picture

Bawdy - See....I told ya!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:43

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everyone.

could this be the week for the whoosh fairy?? i was down again, .5lb, but still down... still hopeing it will stay!!!

ellie--i never know yoga would make you sore?? i always thought it was just sitting around stretching in all kinds of funkey ways....maybe i will have to try it??

elaine--i ust the balls at my gym for the ball squats sometimes. i will have to try the hamstring thing. sounds good.

bawdy--i just love it when you hear of a company doing someting good. it is way more common for people to complain about things and hear of all kinds of bad things companys do. good job with the thank you e-mail also, usually companys only get the complaint mail....

Last edited by acipenser : Thu, Feb-19-04 at 10:32.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:23

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Dawn:
Wonderful news re: insulin reduction. A lady at my church has been on PP for five years - she is no longer using insulin at all and she was taking three shots a day.

Re: tuna - I use regular french onion dip like you use for dipping chips and a generous sprinkle of celery seeds in water pack tuna that has been drained, but still has a bit of moisture. I let it set for about 5 minutes before eating to let the celery flavor mingle with the tuna.

Michele:
Congrats on th five pound loss.

Re: too much time on computer - very often guilty as charged during the winter months - I tend to back off at other times of the year as I can get out of the house.

Ellie:
Sorry to hear you are so sore. Yoga can be rough at first. Hope your tummy settles down soon.

Elaine:
Bawdy makes a good point re: re-calcualting lean mass.

Loved the pic.

Bawdy:
Glad to hear Bowflex is on the ball. Perhaps the folks who made your phone could learn from them???

Rob:
You've outdone your old record for hit-and-run posting.

Meg:
Glad to hear you are eating a bit more. I was getting worried about you. I had to raise my hubby's carbs back when he was losing - he wouldn't eat enough while in moderate ketosis He is at goal now and on maintenance.

Shelly:
Glad to hear the treadmill is up and running again. Hope your tummy is better today.

Unity:
You deserve the compliment.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang
Bawdy:
Glad to hear Bowflex is on the ball. Perhaps the folks who made your phone could learn from them???

That's exactly what I was thinking!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:33

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Michele:
Congrats on th five pound loss.

i wish!!!!! it was -0.5 this morning. but i am deffinetaly not complaining!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:04

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey there all!!

I think that the fairy LOST my address! ( living here in the boonies can be minus!)

I am trying to keep a tighter handle on my eating, I have yet to conquer the sweet tooth that I inherited from my dear old Dad!

Bawdy, the threatening contract that you put out on the fairy worked, GOOD FOR YOU!! Like you said just one measly pound a week is NOT to much to ask! Glad to hear that the bowflex co. is on the ball! (about time that a co. does the right thing!)

Orang, your tuna with the dip sounds tasty, I think that I might be goin to the store for some stocking up!WTG on your loss, the fairy must of decided to pay you a a visit, (she must of seen your photo island exorcisims!)

Elaine, (or miss muscles) You are awesome on continuation of your workouts! you are keeping me more consistant!

Ellie, Hope your stomach troubles get better,yoga and pilates are good workouts for firming and flexability, just take your time and don't over do it if you are still sore! I feel taller (or longer) when I get done with my tape!

michele,That .5 is a loss non the less! atleast the scales are heading in the right direction!!

Rob, you hit and run and leaving us wanting more! (what a typical man!)

Dawn, that is such encouraging results with your insulin levels!!! If you are trying hot cereals I like the flax o meal butter pecan and the vanilla almond! I use my carb countdown milk (or cream), then I add davinci's flavoring or just the splenda. very good and it fills you up for quite awhile!

Meg, do you keep a journal or log onto fitday? That might help you so you make sure that you are getting enough to eat!

Hello to everyone else!