Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi all. Well I got up the nerve this morning to get back on the scale and I lost two more. We had a major blizzard here 90+cm and high winds for a day and a half. The whole city has shut down. The kids and DH are driving me crazy. I did get lots of exercise today though fort building, snowball fights, sled pulling, dragging the kids over the massive drifts. Sometimes it's fun to get to be a kid again but hopefully there will be school and work by Monday. We are still under a state of emergency and everyone is being asked to stay home. Thank goodness for TV.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 15:41

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi everyone,my loss this week is only 1lb,and I'm putting such a slow weight loss down to alcohol.It has to be slowing me down because I'm dowing everthing else the Adkins way.However as I have just come in from our local hostelry having had a chicken salad and 3 vodkas and diet 7up I have only myself to blame!!.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 12:25
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Scarlet, Glenellen and Carmel, 5 lbs between the three of you, thats great! Wish I could add to that number but I didnt lose anything, even though I was very good, and only drank wine once all week! Oh well, its ok, I will expect a decent loss this coming week! Or I will have to take my son's suggestion:

Him: Hey, ma, you know how to lose 10 lbs. of ugly fat really quick?
Me: No, honey, tell me.
Him: Cut off your head.

Keep up the good work!

Liz
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 05:36

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone, I have lost 4lbs so I am happy with that and its getting closer to the challange, 19 days to be exact, so I better work a bit harder, well I can't do anymore then im already doing except give up the wine, and at the moment that is not an option, I hope the scales were good to you this week
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 11:08

BF:

Hello all!
Good job Glenellen.

I lost 3 lbs this week. I am now officially down 30lbs. Only one pound and I am out of the 2's. I am feeling very motivated today.

I hope you all had a good week and everyone still have their heads attached.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 16:06

BF:

Hi everyone,I'm feeling a bit low tonight because I seem to have gained 2lbs overnight. when I weighed myself yesterday morning I was delighted as I was 2lbs down,but this morning the scales showed me up 2lbs!!granted I got my period this morning also,so I am hopeing that in a few days time I will have a big woosh.That said right now tonight I feel like shite(is it ok to use such language?)as I am realy working so hard at this wol-no cheating ,yet my friend who is only on Atkins 4weeks cheated yesterday and today lost 2.5lbs.Since last Oct.I have only lost about 30lbs not a great amount realative to what needs to go .Boy are my hormones getting me down ,I need to start thinking a bit more positive instead of feeling sorry for myself-pleas forgive my moan.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 16:25
aka Celestine

BF:

Scarlet, wow! You are doing fantastic - breaking 200 is a huge deal, I know it was for me, anyway! Can't wait to hear when you lose that next pound.

Carmel - I bounce up and down a few pounds from day to day, that's just normal water weight fluctuation. Drink some extra water, don't get discouraged - I'm willing to bet that you'll be down even more pounds when your TOM is over.

HANG IN THERE.

Liz
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:17

BF:

Carmel, I always go up a bit when TOM is here then I usually have a little woosh after. I try to stay away from the scale for the first 3 days so I don't get discuraged. I know it's hard to keep positive with your hormones bouncing you around but you have been doing a fantastic job. I'm sure it is just water weight. Good luck and drink lots. I always find it hard to drink lots when I am retaining fluids but if you do it seems to go away faster. We are here any time you need to moan.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 08:01

sacrlet that is a fantastic achivement, and carmel did I read right ONLY 30lbs!!! does it really matter how quickly it goes once its gone, Iv'e gotton into a terrible habit of weighing myself everyday, and there does be one or 2lbs in the differance even if I don't cheat and yes I do beat myself up over it, so chin up
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 13:50

BF:

Thank you all so much for your support it does help.I reread some of my Atkins book when I went to bed last night and that helped me to stop getting in a panic and to see the the bigger picture.This weight I gained did not just appear over 5 months and if I want it to stay off for good and forever I have to give my poor body more time to realise I MEAN BUSINESS this time!!.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 07:12

Hi everyone, I fell of the wagon and I put on a pound this week, I did mess up so a pound is not so bad, Im just tring to console myself here, so back to the drawing board for me, I hope you all are a few pound happier then I am this week.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 10:54

BF:

Hi all!

Well I was down to 197.5 this week but I am now back up to 199. I have been taking nyquil for the past 2 nights. I tried to do without but I have an awful head cold and I just couldn't sleep without it. I didn't read the ingredents but I am assuming it is full of sugar. I sure have been sick a lot since cutting the carbs.I wonder if it's related or if it's just from having 2 little boys who always seem to be dirty?

Anyway I am still down a pound and trying to be excited because I did break into onderland.Sorry if I rambled on but I'm feeling a little fuzzy. I am off to my bed while the little one is naping.

Sorry to hear about your wagon Glenellen but it's only one pound. Hop back up on that thing before it drives away. Good luck.
I hope everyone else had a good week.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 14:03

BF:

HI to you all ,this is just a short post as I'm entertaing tonight at 8.30pm that,s about 20mins time and I,m not ready yet!!.The good news is no make that great news is that I lost the 2lbs I gained plus half a lb(very important).I realy have to go now but will stay longer tomorrow night to chat bye.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 18:16
aka Celestine

BF:

Hi all, I lost a pound (finally) and am actually pretty happy about it, have a feeling I've broken a mini-stall now and will lose another 1 or 2 this coming week. Sounds like everyone is doing great, even you glenellen, because 1 lb. gained after falling off the wagon is nothing!

I seriously doubt I will reach my goal of 170 by St. Patrick's, but am still going to give it the old college try!

Liz
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 07:14

Im with you on that liz, I don't think its going to happen for me come paddy's day, but I will fight on for the next 9 days and see if I can acheive a less embarrassing weight loss and get closer to that stone,